My Adventures Through Theology and Beyond discussion

22 views
Other > What Type of Internet Poster are You?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 297 comments This reminded me so much of all the debate groups on goodreads, and I thought others may find it entertaining.

Slytherin: Nuker: Methods: Satire, rants, biting wit, clever trolling, griefer trolling, bluntness, calling out The Slytherin is the hardcore angry activist. The Slytherin methodology is one of attention grabbing. The idea is, privilege robs people of perspective. It makes it hard, sometimes impossible to see or hear what a marginalized group is saying. A Slytherin doesn’t let that go. You will notice. You will hear. It doesn’t matter if your feelings are hurt to the Slytherin, because the Slytherin does not see activism as being a coddling mission. Slytherins are the embodiment of rage. The fury of the oppressed and the terror for the oppressor.

Hufflepuff: Appeaser: Methods: Negotiation, peacemaking, calming, soothing hurt feelings, passive resistance, leading by peaceful example Hufflepuffs are often seen as the polar opposite of Slytherins. They are your quiet softspoken, negotiating presence among wizards. They are the ones who, when an oppressor doesn’t understand, will patiently and carefully explain things to them, calming themselves down so that the privileged person also remains calm. The Hufflepuff methodology is one of appealing. They seek to make themselves (and by consequence the movement) appealing to the majority oppressor population, currying their favor in order to get them to give progress on rights and needs with their higher levels of power. Hufflepuffs always care what feelings they hurt and tread very carefully to avoid stepping on toes. They often feel that any approach that causes hurt of any level isn’t workable and that one must always hold the moral highground above the oppressor.

Ravenclaw: Logic Bomber Methods: Debate, fallacy calls, logical dissection of arguments, rationalist application of factual knowledge, scientific knowledge dropping, information overload The Ravenclaw is the information missile, descending on the head of the unwary privileged folk. They are a veritable arsenal of facts, figures, statistics and studies on the functionality of privilege, marginalization and oppression. They know all the math and they know how logic works. Rationalization will always fail when they find it, because they will pick apart any argument to its finest shreds and then label every single fallacy in triplicate. Ravenclaws are highly effective info overloaders too. Their methods arise from the comprehension that many people will hide from the reasons or quite truly don’t know what’s actually going on. Ravenclaws provide this information, clean and easy to read, and are quite willing to defend the info from every ill conceived attempt to derail or rationalize around it. They are relentless and intense in their knowledge.

Gryffindor: Emoter Methods: Emotional arguments/manipulation, appeals to empathy, personal narrative, analogies to the pain of others, emotional overload, sympathy accumulation. Gryffindors are often regarded as the polar opposite of the Ravenclaws. They speak from the gut, operating on one’s empathy, love and caring and if such is lacking, they seek to create it by sharing the horrors that a marginalised class faces. Most privileged folk literally do not give a shit (and don’t even know what it’s like). A Gryffindor not only presents personal narratives of horrible things but puts them in such a way that even privileged folk can connect to them and then start feeling horrible that such things happen. Gryffindors don’t depend on logical arguments or scientific material and operate almost entirely on the way people feel. They also aren’t necessarily above using Slytherin tactics (just very emotional ones).


message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 336 comments huffelpuff


message 3: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider What would you say I would be?


message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 336 comments I must say that why I'm a huffelpuff online, in real life I'm a total Gryffindor


Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 297 comments I would consider myself a proud Hufflepuff, online and in real life.


message 6: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) Hmmm what do you think I am.


Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 297 comments I don't know, I don't know you too well yet. ;P


message 8: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) ok that's fair. does anyone that does know me a bit better know though.


*Mrs. Brightside* Nope...I'm still trying to figure out who I am XP


message 10: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) lol thats why I asked what other people see me as because I have no clue.


message 11: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) I will watch it later can't now I have to go to bed lol Good night


*Mrs. Brightside* Lmao.


message 13: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Ooh, which one am I?


Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 297 comments *Turns into Sorting Hat* Ravenclaw!


message 15: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Butbut...I'm...not...smart....


Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 297 comments ♥ Rachel♥ wrote: "Butbut...I'm...not...smart...."

Don't be modest! You're a very logical person and are very articulate in your opinions. :D You're a Ravenclaw.


Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 297 comments Girl4beluga wrote: "What about me????


Hey hmmm I JUST CAN'T DECIDE WHO NATHAN IS...IT IS SOOOOO DIFFICULT."


Ummmm...Mostly Slytherin, with a hint of Ravenclaw.


message 18: by ♥ Rachel♥ (last edited Oct 11, 2010 08:04PM) (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "♥ Rachel♥ wrote: "Butbut...I'm...not...smart...."

Don't be modest! You're a very logical person and are very articulate in your opinions. :D You're a Ravenclaw."


xD I wish...but if you say so :P

Girl4beluga wrote: "What about me????


Hey hmmm I JUST CAN'T DECIDE WHO NATHAN IS...IT IS SOOOOO DIFFICULT."


You are a Ravenclaw, maybe a touch of Gryffindor ^-^
And Nathan's a mix of Ravenclaw and Slytherin. He's not mostly aggression though, Rachel, he backs himself up :P


*Mrs. Brightside* What about moi???


Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 297 comments ♥ Rachel♥ wrote: "Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "♥ Rachel♥ wrote: "Butbut...I'm...not...smart...."

Don't be modest! You're a very logical person and are very articulate in your opinions. :D You're a Ravencl..."


Maybe I've just seen him in too many debates that devolve into "Your an idiot" "Well your a bigger idiot!1" "You're an idiot with bad grammar who can't think of comebacks"


message 21: by Courtney (last edited Oct 11, 2010 08:35PM) (new)

Courtney | 336 comments Girl I see you as a Ravenclaw


*Mrs. Brightside* Girl4beluga wrote: "*Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "What about moi???"

I see you more as the friend of everyone so I would go with gyfidor (or however you spell it)."


Hehe. I'll read to see what that means XD

Courtney wrote: "Girl I see you as a Ravenclaw"

Who??


message 23: by Courtney (last edited Oct 11, 2010 08:52PM) (new)

Courtney | 336 comments ^Girl4Beluga
, MrsB i see you as gryfandor


Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 297 comments *Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "Girl4beluga wrote: "*Mrs.Brightside* wrote: "What about moi???"

I see you more as the friend of everyone so I would go with gyfidor (or however you spell it)."

Hehe. I'll read to see what that me..."


I would go with Hufflepuff for you.


message 25: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Maybe I've just seen him in too many debates that devolve into "Your an idiot" "Well your a bigger idiot!1" "You're an idiot with bad grammar who can't think of comebacks"
"


xD Oh, definitely. But that's mostly because his logic is doing absolutely nothing to convince his opponent of his side of the argument xP

Mrs. Brightside is definitely a Hufflepuff ^-^


message 26: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments xD There's a bunch of debaters like that on Goodreads.


message 27: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) Girl4beluga wrote: "*sigh* that is what they all say"

no really I didn't lie I am going to watch it right now which video is it.... and has anyone decided what type of poster I am.


message 28: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) oh ok


and I will go watch it now


Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten lol. Which one am I???


message 31: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments xD "a hint of"


Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten O.o Are you trying to be sarcastic, or not... or am I just confusing myself...(I have a social cue issue, sorry. lol. I get confused easily as a result...)


message 33: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments I'm laughing at the fact that G4b used the phrase "a hint of" :P


message 34: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments It just...reminds me of wine descriptions or something xD


Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten ooooh.... lol.


message 36: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 336 comments what vintage of poster do you guys think i am?


back to top