Amazon Kindle discussion

Chose My Kindle Over A Redbox Rental Tonight

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David (wareagle) | 13 comments I must be becoming addicted to my Kindle because tonight when I went out for snacks and plans to get a redbox movie rental I decided instead just to get my snacks and go home and get my book out on my Kindle 3. Kindle is turning me into a geek I think lol.

message 2: by Dani (new)

Dani | 3 comments That's excellent.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Hartline (kaffeinekati) | 5 comments So, we may become a "Thinking" society. WOW! Wouldn't that be awesome! Welcome to the world of GEEKS!! It's a good thing!

message 4: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments I multitask. I read my kindle while watching my netflix watch instantlies.

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 4 comments I have a DVR full of shows, but I can't seem to put my baby,er Kindle down. Yes, I'm an addict, my credit card is my proof!

message 6: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) My hubby went out last night and after I had dinner I curled up with my kindle until he came home. There's nothing wrong with that!!! I'll admit, I'm an addict too! But lately I have been stocking up on freebies. Check them out here:

http://www.ereaderiq.com/free/

The newest ones are listed first so if you watch this website regularly it is easy to see what is available. I hope this helps your credit card a little bit!

message 7: by Nicole (last edited Oct 13, 2010 08:12AM) (new)

Nicole | 4 comments Thank you Diane U! I definatly need to check that out. My credit card and husband thank you too!

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 1 comments I have a 1st generation kindle. I've had it for 13 mons now, and i've read about 250 books.....when people ask me questions about my kindle I start to talk like a sales-person...when I find myself with a few moments of downtime I pull it out and read...if i lost my kindle tmro I would need to replace it within 24 hours....does this make me an addict?...yep.

message 9: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) Rebecca wrote: "I have a 1st generation kindle. I've had it for 13 mons now, and i've read about 250 books.....when people ask me questions about my kindle I start to talk like a sales-person...when I find myself ..."

Wow, that is exactly what I do too! It is with me all the time and I read whenever I have a moment.

message 10: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) Table4Six wrote: "Thank you Diane U! I definatly need to check that out. My credit card and husband thank you too!"

I love it because I get to try different genres that I never would have chosen myself. My opinion, I download all of them (except for erotica) and if it stinks, I delete it! You cannot go wrong for the price!

message 11: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) Diane U wrote: "My hubby went out last night and after I had dinner I curled up with my kindle until he came home. There's nothing wrong with that!!! I'll admit, I'm an addict too! But lately I have been stocki..."

There have been so many lately.....I love free. We are even seeing books like The Clan and the Cave Bear $1.59 and Outlander FREE. Sure keeps the costs down.

message 12: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) Diane U wrote: "Table4Six wrote: "Thank you Diane U! I definatly need to check that out. My credit card and husband thank you too!"

I love it because I get to try different genres that I never would have chosen..."

I totally agree.

message 13: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephbelch) | 43 comments I don't have an actual Kindle, I have the app on my BlackBerry, but I find myself sitting and reading almost every night after the chores are done and the kids are in bed, since I got the thing. I love it!

message 14: by Ann (new)

Ann | 83 comments Shirley wrote: "Diane U wrote: "My hubby went out last night and after I had dinner I curled up with my kindle until he came home. There's nothing wrong with that!!! I'll admit, I'm an addict too! But lately I ..."

Thanks for the heads up, been dying to re-read the Clan of the Cave Bear. It must have recently been released in Kindle format, because I had looked before, and it wasn't. And for only $1.59.

message 15: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (ladyval) | 2 comments Stephanie wrote: "I don't have an actual Kindle, I have the app on my BlackBerry, but I find myself sitting and reading almost every night after the chores are done and the kids are in bed, since I got the thing. I ..."

I have the app for my Android and have found myself reading a lot more. I like that my "book" is always with me!

message 16: by Jan (new)

Jan | 23 comments I like having my Kindle handy when the TV show I'm watching isn't DVR'd. That way I can read during the commercials. With the ones on DVR, I just fast-forward.

message 17: by Lahni (new)

Lahni My kindle is saving us money. I used to spend a lot of time watching t.v. Now I'm reading instead so we have gotten rid of cable.

message 18: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 6 comments Jan wrote: "I like having my Kindle handy when the TV show I'm watching isn't DVR'd. That way I can read during the commercials. With the ones on DVR, I just fast-forward."

Jan, that is exactly what I do!

message 19: by Jan (new)

Jan | 23 comments Tonight was movie night at my house. Two of my daughters, my grandson, and his friend came over and we watched Toy Story 3. It was goooood. There was a hilarious line in there that cracked me up, and I repeated it to my daughter but now I forgot what it was. Darn!