Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Previous BRs - Authors; A - D > Cashore, Kristin - Graceling (Seven Kingdoms #1) October 11 2010

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments This topic is open for discussion of Graceling by Kristin Cashore. Be prepared for SPOILERS.
Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms, #1) by Kristin Cashore

message 2: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments This was one of those books that when I started reading I couldn't put it down. It seemed so original and I loved the blue and green eyes. My books cover had a picture of them and now I wish my eyes looked like that.

I loved the growth of the relationship of Katsa and Po. How Katsa went from thinking of herself as a monster to realizing that she wasn't. Realizing she'd been manipulated, probably not a hard thing to be when it starts at 8, and that she could be the person she wanted to be. How she goes from someone who doesn't really know how to think to someone who all of sudden sees possibilities.

As for not marrying Po I have to admit it made me sad. Then I started thinking she's not that old and she has spent most of her life thinking she never wanted to get married or have kids. That kind of thinking is hard to change and just like all the other things she's had to emotionally work through it might come with time? I just keep thinking what a number that King Randa did on her. Has she ever seen a functional loving family??? Also, what about the time period she is living in? I think it's much different from today. She said something also about not being able to visual her future at the end of the book if I'm not mistaken. Forever seemed like something she couldn't commit to. I don't have the book in front of me at the moment. Maybe she never considered her future before?

Also, I'm not convinced her grace is survival. I think it is protecting. She doesn't seem to notice the obvious yet she seems to have some instinct to want to help people and started the secret council. When she reached Po's castle she didn't seem to be able to get out from under King Leck spell until there was something to protect - Po and the secret of his Grace. I really wish Kristin Cashore would write another book about Katsa because her story seem unfinished

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather | 504 comments I finished this one a few weeks and enjoyed it. It made me sad as well that Katsa didn't want to marry Po but at least she is with him and who knows what the future holds, as we change it all the time.

message 4: by Sashana (new)

Sashana I love this book, but there are many things that I hate about it too. I agree with you, Lisarenee. This book needs a sequel because Po and Katsa need to get married and Po needs to get-erm-unblind(?). I can't wait to read Bitterblue though!

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather | 504 comments I still have the 2nd one to read. Hey Sashana, what is the title of the 2nd one and when is Bitterblue coming out?

message 6: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Heather, the second book is Fire (Seven Kingdoms, #2) by Kristin Cashore and Bitterblue will be out in April 2011.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather | 504 comments Ahh, OK, Fire, must write down..

message 8: by Sans (new)

Sans Man, I need to read this book again.

Lisarenee wrote: "Also, I'm not convinced her grace is survival. I think it is protecting. She doesn't seem to notice the obvious yet she seems to have some instinct to want to help people and started the secret council. When she reached Po's castle she didn't seem to be able to get out from under King Leck spell until there was something to protect - Po and the secret of his Grace."

Very good point! When she's trying to get Bitterblue through the mountain pass, she's still protecting someone. At first I thought it really was about survival. After all, how could she manage to stay alive in such conditions? But. She was on a mission to help someone.

As for the marriage part? I actually respected her more for not marrying Po. Even though I'd marry him if I could. ^o^ No, in all seriousness, she already made a commitment to him. Why do they need a full ceremony and some paperwork? Given the way Katsa was raised and how she's handled her life, I just don't see her as the marrying type. The fact that they know they love each other is enough for them and that makes their time together all the sweeter.

Even the concept of "love" is a huge leap for Katsa. For her to admit to it and commit herself to Po is more than anyone really expected her to be capable of.

I'm starting to ramble. Sorry.

message 9: by Sans (new)

Sans Ladies, are we still on for this as a buddy read on 1 June?

message 10: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Sans, I found you! Yes, as far as I'm concerned, I am still interested in a buddy read staring June 1st.

message 11: by Sans (last edited May 31, 2011 10:03PM) (new)

Sans Any opinions on how many chapters we should read each day?

message 12: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments I'm open to whatever you suggest. There are 39 chapters and an epilogue. About five or six a day? Is that too much?

message 13: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jun 01, 2011 02:29PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Okay, here is a breakdown of chapters. I think, regardless of what we decide, I would like to have the parts end cleanly (as in not having just one chapter left to read b/f the start of the next day's reading for end of Parts 1 & 2).

The first is pretty equitable, with the heavier days on Friday & Saturday.

Five chapters each day (8 days)
Chp. 1-5=51 pages Wednesday 6/1 Sans
Chp. 6-10=53 pages Thursday 6/2 Lisarenee
Chp. 11-15=64 pages Friday 6/3 End of Part 1 Lisa Kay
Chp. 16-20=70 pages Saturday 6/4 Sans
Chp. 21-25=55 pages Sunday 6/5 Lisarenee
Chp. 26-30=57 pages Monday 6/6 End of pt 2 Lisa Kay
Chp. 31-35=64 pages Tuesday 6/7 Sans
Chp. 36-Epilogue=45 pages Wednesday 6/8 Lisarenee

Or we can make the last two days
Chp. 31-34=49 pages Tuesday 6/7
Chp. 35-Epilogue=60 pages Wednesday 6/8

Three to Four chapters each day (11 days)
Chp. 1-4=39 pages Wednesday 6/1
Chp. 5-8=38 pages Thursday 6/2
Chp. 9-12=43 pages Friday 6/3 End of Part 1
Chp. 13-15=44 pages Saturday 6/4
Chp. 16-18=49 pages Sunday 6/5
Chp. 19-22=43 pages Monday 6/6
Chp. 23-26=39 pages Tuesday 6/7
Chp. 27-30=50 pages Wednesday 6/8 End of Part 2
Chp. 31-33=41 pages Thursday 6/9
Chp. 34-36=33 Friday 6/10
Chp. 37-Epilogue=34 pages Saturday 6/11

message 14: by Lisarenee (last edited Jun 01, 2011 05:07AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I knew there was a book somewhere that started June first that I had forgotten about. Gah! I'm in.

message 15: by Sans (new)

Sans I like the first option. How about you guys?

message 16: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jun 02, 2011 04:49PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments I prefer the first option also, Sans & Lisarenee.

message 17: by Sans (new)

Sans Who would like to take point on questions for chapters 1-5 today?

message 18: by Lisarenee (last edited Jun 01, 2011 11:56AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Sounds fine to me.

message 19: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I can do tomorrow

message 20: by Sans (new)

Sans I can take today.

message 21: by Sans (new)

Sans Sans' questions for Chapters 1-5

1. Action from the get-go! Initial impressions of Katsa? Of her Grace?

2. Why do you think the mystery Lienid was going to let Katsa go?

3. Did some of the chapters feel info-dumpy to you?

4. "You would have saved us like you do everyone else." Does this seem like an unfair statement?

5. Were your surprised that Katsa founded the Council?

6. Why do you think Katsa is still working for Randa if he makes her do such horrible things?

7. Katsa doesn't seem to have a large range of emotions. Thoughts?

message 22: by Sans (new)

Sans Sans' answers for Chapters 1-5

Man, this is hard since I've read this before. I'm trying to remember what I thought back when I first read it. I felt sorry for Katsa and did not envy her that Grace.

He must have known why she was there.

It's necessary for the world-building and it didn't bog the story down too much. I was glad it was broken up a bit.

4. "You would have saved us like you do everyone else." Does this seem like an unfair statement?
That's a lot of responsibility for a 17 or 18 year old girl and a lot of assumption on his part.

Not really. She had to do something to keep from drowning in torture and killing.

6. Why do you think Katsa is still working for Randa if he makes her do such horrible things?
I'm really stumped by this. She could still do her good deeds. The Council is large enough that someone could get information to her.

I'm thinking she had to stunt her own emotional growth to cope with what her life has been since she was 8 years old. I think she's also afraid to let that part of herself grow up.

message 23: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Lisa Kay’s Answers to Sans Questions – Chp. 1-5

I truly felt for her. She has a “blessing and a curse” – with more accent on the “curse” with her Grace. She is shunned and an outsider, despite being royalty. Love that she founded the Council. This looks to be a story of a young heroine that undergoes a transformation, realizing personal strength of character to equal her physical strength. I look forward to the adventure!

You mean the young male Lienid Graceling? Hummm…maybe b/c he was there for the same reason she was and wanted to get on with his task? Maybe b/c he’s basically a nice guy? I don’t think he knew of the trail of downed guards she was leaving in her wake, LOL!

Nope. Well, the section about which king was in charge of which country…I’ll need to re-read, I’m sure. Mostly, I wanted a little more info – like WTH is a Lienid? Love that there is a map! :)

Kind of a double edged compliment, right? Quite a bit of pressure with that accolade.

5. Were you surprised that Katsa founded the Council?
Nope. Love it! Good for her.

Fear, intimidation, manipulation? Something as yet to be revealed? Probably. Or maybe b/c he’s King Big F*cker in this story and she’s no dummy? Plus, she’s been doing this since she was a child.

Par for the course. I can’t blame her on that one, ostracized as she has been. I’d keep my own feelings and my own counsel also, though it looks as though she has sought out Oll’s guidance.

message 24: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments @Sans #2 - Really? Hummm...
#7 - True. "she had to stunt her own emotional growth to cope" Interesting.

message 25: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Sans' questions for Chapters 1-5

I thought she was awesome and gosh darn what a way to hook your audience. Ititial thought of her Grace? Well, I don't know if I'd want it. Sounds like she has superman's strength and Flash's speed?

I'm not sure. Maybe he didn't intend to and was taken off guard or they both had secret agendas that didn't involve taking prisnors?

A little, but I think we kind of needed it.

Yes. Considering what she can do that is a really good thing to do.

Considering that she was raised to be a weapon, yes.

Fear of the unknown?

I think she does she just never learned how to express them maybe?

message 26: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments @Lisarenee, #2 - as in attraction?
#7 - very good point! I would imagine she would be lacking in that area.

message 27: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments No not as in attraction. Just surprised that she wasn't the boy everyone thought.

message 28: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Sorry I'm so late with these. Chapters 6 - 10

1) Interesting how nobody seems to mind that Katsa goes on long trips with a bunch of men. I don't recall any other females being present. Anyone else wonder about that?

2) Thoughts on Giddon? He's an underlord and seems to have a thing for Katsa.

3) What are your first impressions of Raffin and his blue hair? lol

4) Someone once mentioned their gaydar went off with the relationship between Bann and Raffin. Did you get that vibe or did you just consider them to be good friends like me? (mentioned in chapter 9)

5) Thoughts about Po? Did you like his name? Anyone else think of teletubbies?

6) First thoughts about what Katsa's and Po's graces are? Do you think they are the same?

7) What did you think about the fight between Po and Katsa? Do you think she was to fast at trusting him?

8) Any thoughts as to why the grandfather was kidnapped?

9) What do you think about the Graceling eyes? Seems so far they're never normal colors. Seems they're always extraordinary.

message 29: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments 1) Interesting how nobody seems to mind that Katsa goes on long trips with a bunch of men. I don't recall any other females being present. Anyone else wonder about that?

I wonder if he could turn into a potential problem.

He makes me laugh and I really like him. I think he should have his own book.

4) Someone once mentioned their gaydar went off with the relationship between Bann and Raffin. Did you get that vibe or did you just consider them to be good friends like me? (mentioned in chapter 9)

I really like him so far except for his name. *she says while darn teletubby theme song starts playing in her head.*

6) First thoughts about what Katsa's and Po's graces are? Do you think they are the same?
At this point I do think they are similar but a little different. She doesn't seem to feel pain, tire, or need a lot of food.

7) What did you think about the fight between Po and Katsa? Do you think she was to fast at trusting him?
I thought it was fun, but I think she trusted him a little quickly.

None at this point.

9) What do you think about the Graceling eyes? Seems so far they're never normal colors. Seems they're always extraordinary.
I love the 2 different color of eyes. I saw a front or back cover that had Katsa's eyes and I loved them. I can't find it now however. :(

message 30: by Sans (new)

Sans Sans' answers for Chapters 6 - 10

1) Interesting how nobody seems to mind that Katsa goes on long trips with a bunch of men. I don't recall any other females being present. Anyone else wonder about that?
Well, despite her title, no one really sees her as a royal lady, so I'm guessing no one really cares that much?

Oh yeah. He seems really possessive of her. While he seems nice enough, he's more of an annoying older brother to Katsa I think.

I love Raffin! I agree, it'd be lovely to see more of him, even his own book!

That was probably me. ^o^ I'm always seeing the slash side of relationships. I still think they're a couple.

Yet one more reason to be thankful that I don't have children: I was never forced to have anything to do with that show. I didn't even know that Po was the name of one of them until I saw Michelle's review!

I love Po. To an alarming degree. *_*

I don't think "killing" is her Grace like her uncle keeps saying, but I don't think fighting is it either. She's got too much energy to just be a fighter. And Po is too quick to read situations to just be a fighter too.

That was pretty amazing. At first I was worried about the whole "men shouldn't hit women under any circumstances" rule I was raised with, but I have to admit that Po is really getting the short end of the stick here!

Interesting point about her being too quick. She doesn't have friends outside of her Council associates but she connected so quickly with Po that it made my eyebrow raise. I think she's fascinated with him (and infatuated, though she doesn't know enough to recognize it as that) and that her instincts, aided by her Grace told her he was ok to trust.

To get to Po maybe? He's certainly one of a kind!

Good point. I think it's another level of proof of how different they are.

message 31: by Sans (new)

Sans @Lisa Kay, #6 - Or maybe b/c he’s King Big F*cker in this story and she’s no dummy? Plus, she’s been doing this since she was a child.
Good point! We need to be on the lookout for the f*ckers in these books. ^o^

message 32: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jun 02, 2011 11:30PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Lisa Kay’s Answers to Lisarenee’s Questions - Chapters 6 – 10

Good point. I hadn’t really thought about it. She is royalty after all and of marriageable age. Not quite Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, but close here, LOL! Seems like some things are neglected with her though – like with not having a maid (though that was explained).

Yes, he definitely has a thing for Katsa. I keep wondering if he is going to turn out to be a bad guy. I don’t know why.

He seems lighthearted. Kind of a “goes with the flow” person.

My “gaydar” definitely went off. Or at least a strong “bromance” going on there so he’s not much interested in Katsa "that way".

Didn't ring any bells with me. Never watched Teletubbies and don’t know all the characters; if it wasn’t for Jerry Farwell “outing” Tinky Winky in the late nineties, I probably wouldn’t know his name either - nor paid them that much attention.

At first I thought they were the same, but now Po has been pointing out the subtle differences.

7) What did you think about the fight between Po and Katsa? Do you think she was too fast at trusting him?
I was surprised she was so fast at trusting him. I’ve always known he is the love interest in this book, so that contaminates my answer.

I figure he has some ability (Grace) or knowledge that has yet to be revealed. What it is? Don’t know. Something to help with the Council, maybe? Finally figured out “Lienid” is the name of their island. When I kept reading “the Lienid” I was interpreting it as “The Lienid” (I know, I know, a little slow on the uptake).

Actually, I think it is pretty cool. Good word: extraordinary.

message 33: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jun 02, 2011 11:27PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments @Lisarenee #2 - Yes, much better way to say it than I. Maybe he won't be the bad guy so much as a "potential problem".

#5 - Glad I don't know that tune, LOL!

#9 - Yes. I had a friend with one blue and one green eye. Quite attractive, really. She always had plenty of guys interested in her. And she had the added advantage of knowing they had noticed her eyes, since the color change was subtle, LOL!

back cover of hardcover book

message 34: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments @Sans - #2 Really? I don't think he sees himself as her "older brother".

@Lisarenee & Sans - #3 Okay, you two talked me into it! I'd read it. :)

@Sans:
#4 Yes! I think you influenced my view on this one too, after hinting at this with Ari and Janco in Poison Study, LOL!

#6 - Wow! Now see, I know you've read this book so now I am really wondering.

#7 - Yes, the whole "men don't hit women" think flashed through my mind, but then I got caught up in the fight and the fact that she was trouncing him...and them both appreciating each others skill.

#8 - Now there's a thought!

#9 - Unique. :)

message 35: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jun 02, 2011 11:31PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Sans, one last thing! I loved the way chapter 10 ended. See, M.V.S. could take some pointers here. Not every chapter needs to end in a cliffhanger. It was nice to go to sleep with thoughts of all that ocean view in my brain.

message 36: by Sans (new)

Sans Lisa Kay wrote: "@Sans - #2 Really? I don't think he sees himself as her "older brother."

Oh, he definitely doesn't! And I think that's part of what's pissing him off. She would never think of him as a romantic prospect and he really wants to fill that role. ^o^

RE: #8, That was just my initial reaction when I first read the book! Not gonna say if I was right or wrong. XD

message 37: by Sans (new)

Sans Lisa Kay wrote: "Sans, one last thing! I loved the way chapter 10 ended. See, M.V.S. could take some pointers here. Not every chapter needs to end in a cliffhanger. It was nice to go to sleep with thoughts of a..."

OMG, seriously!!

message 38: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Sans wrote: "RE: #8, That was just my initial reaction when I first read the book! Not gonna say if I was right or wrong. XD "

I didn't know you had a mean devious steak inside of you, Sans! Snarky, yes. :)

message 39: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jun 03, 2011 01:21PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Lisa Kay’s Questions for Chapters 11-15

1) Ah ha! I knew Giddon had the hots for Katsa. Think this will lead to problems down the road?

2) I thought Katsa’s reaction when Po told her about Giddon proposing was cute; however, was I the only one who thought Katsa putting Bann & Raffin between her and Giddon at the Council table LOL funny?

3) What was Po “daydreaming” about at the Council table?

4) Were you surprised that Katsa hit Po in anger at the dinner table? Comments about his insights into her anger?

5) When you first read it, what did you think the cryptic comment “Don’t feel too kindly toward me, Katsa. Neither of us is blameless as a friend.” was all about?

6) Have you ever had a friend you didn’t have to explain yourself to?

7) What did you think about Katsa’s decision to not enforce King Randa’s instructions? Were you worried about the consequences.

8) The “lie” of omission argument is old as time. Is “misrepresenting” a Grace the same as lying?

9) I’m so loving Po. (Hummm…sorry, not really a question was it, LOL!) What did you think of the way Po talked with Katsa in her room about his Grace?

10) What were your thoughts when Katsa confronted her uncle?

11) Do you think King Randa will go after Katsa? Or do I need to change his name from King Big F*cker to King Big Bully?

message 40: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jun 03, 2011 01:29PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Lisa Kay’s Questions for Chapters 11-15
1) Ah ha! I knew Giddon had the hots for Katsa. Think this will lead to problems down the road?
Could be a possibility. I think she will still have interaction with him if she continues with the Council’s work.

2) I thought Katsa’s reaction when Po told her about Giddon proposing was cute; however, was I the only one who thought Katsa putting Bann & Raffin between her and Giddon at the Council table LOL funny?
I’m trying to think of a word to describe it. Not quite a “childish act”, but something. Her frustration at having to look around their big shoulders to talk to him really made me laugh.

3) What was Po “daydreaming” about at the Council table?
Okay, I went back and checked. While the others were exchanging stories, “Katsa’s thoughts wandered to Murgon and his dungeons, to the Sunderan forest that likely held the secrets of the kidnapping.” This is when she felt his gaze on her. Hummmm…if he’s reading her thoughts, then she has made him think of something, true?

4) Were you surprised that Katsa hit Po in anger at the dinner table? Comments about his insights into her anger?
I was a bit. That girl has a temper. I just loved his insights into her anger. When I was studying violent behavior in nursing school, I remember reading when people most often hit is when they feel a “loss of control over the other person.” Man-oh-man! She didn’t like what he was saying about her having control and obviously wanted him to SHUT UP! (She did hit him in the jaw!)

5) When you first read it, what did you think the cryptic comment “Don’t feel too kindly toward me, Katsa. Neither of us is blameless as a friend.” was all about?
My heart certainly squeezed tight; I was worried that he had nefarious plans for her.

6) Have you ever had a friend you didn’t have to explain yourself to?
Yes. I have been fortunate to have several in my lifetime. It is such a wonderful feeling. We just “get” each other and still find things to discover about each other too. No judgments when one of us veers off onto a new path, just a kind of “do you want to come along?” attitude. If the other doesn’t, no problem; if they do – great!

7) What did you think about Katsa’s decision to not enforce King Randa’s instructions? Were you worried about the consequences.
I was really going the riddle route with this one, wondering how they were going to get out of this jam. I thought of my dad (who had an I.Q. of 150 – I was adopted, so it didn’t rub off) and how he would have solved it. Didn’t realize Katsa was going to have to take a stand. Which, now that I think on it, would have been how my dad solved it.

8) The “lie” of omission argument is old as time. Is “misrepresenting” a Grace the same as lying?
Hummm…grey area here. It is not like she asked him outright and this “outing” of his Grace would have ruined his life. I didn’t think their relationship had progressed to that point, especially when you consider his brothers don’t even know. Still, I understand her hurt and fear. I remember she wanted to/planned to stay away from the little girl Graceling who was a mind-reader.

9) I’m so loving Po. (Hummm…sorry, not really a question was it, LOL!) What did you think of the way Po talked with Katsa in her room about his Grace?
Ahhh…I think you have found your “Beta Hero” for the Hero Challenge, Sans! Loved everything he had to say. Definitely a “gentle” soul. (No wonder I’ve been thinking about my father; he was one of the gentlest men I’ve ever known. Geeze! How come I ended up with so many Alpha Males in my life?)

10) What were your thoughts when Katsa confronted her uncle?
I really felt her struggle. I was proud of her. I thought he was a chickensh!t.

11) Do you think King Randa will go after Katsa? Or do I need to change his name from King Big F*cker to King Big Bully?
Don’t know yet. Leaning toward thinking I am going to have the change his name.

message 41: by Sans (new)

Sans Lisa Kay wrote: "I didn't know you had a mean devious steak inside of you, Sans! Snarky, yes. :) "

I have hidden depths. ^o^

message 42: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jun 03, 2011 01:38PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Sans wrote: "I have hidden depths. ^o^"

Yes, you do!!

I was sitting here laughing and then I realized I typed “steak” instead of “streak” – oh dear! Glad you figured it out. Now I'm hungry, LOL!

message 43: by Sans (last edited Jun 03, 2011 01:39PM) (new)

Sans I do have a devious steak inside me too! It was taunting me, sitting atop my spinach salad, so I gobbled it up. ^o^

message 44: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jun 03, 2011 01:40PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments OMG! Now you are being mean, LOL! (Fax me some!)

message 45: by Sans (last edited Jun 03, 2011 03:10PM) (new)

Sans Even better, there was goat cheese, broccoli, edamame and toasted pumpkin seeds in the salad. I'll take a picture of it next time and send it to you! >:-D

message 46: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Sans wrote: "Even better, there was goat cheese, broccoli, edamame and toasted pumpkin seeds in the salad. I'll take a picture of it next time and send it to you! >:-D"

Yes, with your cell phone? Did you treat yourself to lunch out? Or did you make that yourself?

message 47: by Sans (last edited Jun 03, 2011 03:48PM) (new)

Sans There's a great place called Sprout Cafe down the street from my work. They specialize in salads. You can choose a menu salad or a build your own option. I built my own (though they put everything together). It's awesome!

message 48: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jun 03, 2011 03:58PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Ohhhhhh....just found it on the internet. Yummy! Still haven't eaten!

message 49: by Sans (new)

Sans Still?? Woman, step away from the computer and get food!

message 50: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments I know, now I have a migraine too. **sigh** Do you ever just get sick and tired of taking meds?

« previous 1 3