Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Previous BRs - Authors; I - L > Kenyon, Sherrilyn - Born of Fire (The League #2)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments This topic is open for discussion of Born of Fire by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Be prepared for SPOILERS.
Born of Fire (The League, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 2: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Have the next book already and can't wait to read it. This one is about Syn and Shahara. He is a man shadowed by his father's sins and is wanted by several governments. She is a futuristic bounty hunter with a mission to bring him in not knowing he is her brother's best friend.

Love how Syn's character and background is slowly revealed. Don't think it would be possible for a person to be incarcerated at such a young age for just being related to a criminal even one with Syn's father's reputation. But I suppose in a different country so why not in a futuristic world?

Was glad to finally get a look at the whole picture of what happened between Syn and his ex-wife. Really liked it when Shahara stood up for Syn. His ex was such a witch. To have had a guy who thought the moon and sun rose with her and then cheat on him. Passing off another man's son as his and then telling him he wasn't worth anything. Truly awful. I love how Kenyon puts a character's thought process into words, thereby, revealing their fears. Don't we all at times have some pretty silly thoughts about what others may think of us for something we may or may not have done?

I kept wondering who Syn's mom was going to be and Kenyon didn't disappoint. Yikes! How sad. Not quite as happy a reunion as Nykyrian's was.

Got teary eyed when the ending revealed that Syn put his doctor skills to work and the two were going to end up having a baby. *SIGH* I love happy endings.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Born of Fire (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sherrilyn Kenyon (other topics)