Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Previous BRs - Authors; I - L > Kenyon, Sherrilyn - One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter #16)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments This topic is open for discussion of One Silent Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Be prepared for SPOILERS.

One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter, #16) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

The Story of Stryker & Zephyra.

message 2: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I loved this one. Finally back to the Dark-Hunters. I so enjoy the Dark-Hunters to Dream-Hunters. So I'm hoping that Nick and Ash makeup. Looks like Ash is there but what in the world is keeping Nick from it? He keeps spying and missing what he once had and could have again if he just let go. Confusion for me...Ash had said at one time Nick was to have 10 or 12 children. How could he if he was Malachai who are only allowed one child? I can't wait to read Bad Moon Rising.

****from later post***
The fighting, and according to Savitar, with anyone unlocked Nick's power. That is why Savitar didn't train Nick. Fighting/training Nick would have unlocked his powers. Savitar wasn't sure why Ash's fighting with Nick while trying to train him as a Dark-Hunter didn't unlock his powers. He thought it was because Ash would never kill Nick, therefore, there was no real danger to him so no unleashed powers.So my question is why when he fought with Dark-Hunters while still a squire were his powers never unleashed? I can't remember for sure but I swear he joined in on the fighting every now and them. So I wonder if his powers wouldn't/couldn't kick in until after his father died?

***from even later post***

In Devil May Cry Ash hinted that Nick and Tabitha's sister, Tia, were supposed to get married and have 12 kids. When Tia died and Nick committed suicide that future died with them both that night. (So glad I posted comments or I wouldn't know which book this fact came from.) So that is why I wondered how that could be if he was only supposed to have 1 child. His Malachai background was hidden but I don't think it was taken away. Also, how could Ash have seen his future if he truly was Ash's best friend for all those years. Ash isn't supposed to see the futures of friends, family, or anyone who has some hand in steering his own destiny. I'm so confused. Did Menyara mess with Ash's head and project that future?

***from even later***

So I still have One Silent Night. So here is the passage where Manyara tells Nick about his lineage:

"I was there when you were born. I'm the one who delivered you and used my powers to keep you hidden from the rest of the worlds-those seen and those unknown. I knew the power you would one day wield and it terrified me even then. Why do you think I've watched over you so closely all these years?".....
"I do love you and I did love Cherise. She was a good woman with the heart of an angel. Never did she harm or think ill of a single person. It was why Adarian (Nick's Dad) was able to seduce her. Why he was so attracted to her even when he shouldn't have been. He chose her for the sacred honor of being the mother to his legacy. What he never counted on was me and the degree to which your mother's purity would affect you." Pages 135-136 in paperback

So does this mean Nick won't be like his ancestors- corrupt, angry, and bitter demons? He is, after all, half human.Also, Manyara doesn't say she changed him in any way just bound his powers? Also it is stated that, "They were created from the worst of the universe to fight against those who are pure and caring". Does this explain his hate for Ash? Is it in his nature?

So here's the passage about one heir as told to Nick by Manyara -

"Each Malachai is allowed only one single son to carry on his legacy. You are it." page 137

So maybe that means all but one of them were girls? So what really caught my attention when I reread through this part was:

Nick responded to previous passage, "And I killed myself, so it's all over."

Manyara's : She shook her head. "You have means to return from the dead. You can reclaim your soul and be reborn." pages 137-138

Ash has Nick's soul and he's the only one who can train Nick. Things are going to get interesting I think. So are we finally going to have a love interest for Nick? Isn't that the only way he can reclaim his soul? So what will be Nick's purpose?

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather | 504 comments Wow, Lisa, I hate this one with a passion and I wish I hadn't read it. Hated all the bad guys.. including the h/h.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

One Silent Night (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sherrilyn Kenyon (other topics)