Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Post Card Shebang?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i was reading the typed vs. handwritten thread and saw some comments where people were saying how much they enjoyed receiving handwritten snail mail and got thinking about how maybe some kind of post card shebang deal might work. anyone who wanted to be included could say so (with no obligations) and others could mail a couple of post cards to others in the group. i realize this gets into personal info and such (that doesn't bother me at all but it may make some of you uncomfortable) but somehow it works for the CD shebangs. any thoughts on this...?? good, bad, dumb?

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateharper) | 206 comments Hi, I'm brand new to the group but I really like this idea, especially considering that a post card can be made of lots of different materials such as polymer clay or cardboard, whatever. I’m in even though I’m not sure exactly how it will happen.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Welcome to TC Kate.

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I like the concept Kevin, but unlike the music that I will listen to over and over, I doubt that I would read a post card more than a couple of times, and I don't collect post cards like some people do either, but I would like the idea of getting unique post cards.

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i envision it to be more of nice surprise in the mailbox when receiving a handwritten card. again, no obligations to pass it forward or anything. just an idea

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I would do it, but I am too much of a collector. I would want to keep them, and that would be bad.

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'm in!

message 8: by Jan (new)

Jan | 241 comments >>I would do it, but I am too much of a collector. I would want to keep them, and that would be bad.<<

My daughter tells me to send only cheap greeting cards. If I send her a beautiful, expensive one, she has a hard time tossing it out. (She's not a collector.)

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I see her point. My mother only sends me hand made cards, and I've never thrown one out.

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments how do we implement?

sarah, i guess it does not have to be a rotating card. everyone could pic a few out and send them to someone else

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments We'll see. I do like mail :)

The other thing that had flitted through my head last year was a TC gift exchange.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments This sounds lovely. I'm in!

message 13: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Kevin doesn't like the "Shift" key...

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments the what/

message 15: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Zactly, you've got something against capital letters, my friend.

message 16: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments maybe i just have the upper hand on lower case

message 17: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) That could be.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like to be included in this one. :D

message 19: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments What if we did the post cards like the shebangs? In other words, send them all to the same person in a package, with an SASE, and then that person divides them up and sends them back to people? You could choose to write on the postcards or not. I would.

message 20: by Lori (new)

Lori Unlike the shebangs, I am totally into this! I think the gift thing is a cool idea too, like a Secret Santa maybe? And under 10 bucks? But not just ornaments, some of us don't have trees.

message 21: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
Oh man, I'm in like flynn. I like displaying post cards as mini pieces of art at school behind my desk.
If I got enough cool ones I'd even take a picture of my classroom and post it online for you to see.

message 22: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ok, is it in like "flynn", or in like "flint"? Have I been misinterpreting this phrase my entire life?

message 24: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments SHIT. I've been saying that wrong my entire life.

message 25: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24360 comments Mod
You mean people under 70 are actually saying it?

message 26: by ms.petra (last edited Oct 11, 2010 04:28PM) (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) I love this idea, however the format used for shebangs sort of defeats the joy of random postcards in the mailbox.

message 27: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I'VE BEEN DOING SHIT LIKE THIS FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS.

In other words,

I'm in.

message 28: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments hey, i am just an idea guy not a practical application one. i love this idea (it's genius) and totally would do this. i like RA's idea and i also like the idea of random ones. how would we make our addresses available?

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Now that is going to be tough. I could give my address to Jim, he could pass it on to you, you could pass it on to .... It would be like Chinese whispers. In the end you might be sending a postcard to Gail in the Bahama's.

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i'll just give everyone mine:

1313 Mockingbird Lane
Mockingbird Heights

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay, I'll send you a postcard. Or is that a trick address that I should recognise but don't?

message 32: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateharper) | 206 comments I'm with Gail. Am I missing an inside joke? No state? No zip?

message 33: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments It's Herman Munster's address.

message 34: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments :)

message 35: by Sally, la reina (new)

random? no...I think we should be more organized.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks Cynthia, I thought I smelt a rat.

::shakes fist at Kevin::

message 37: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Okay, how I've organized these things in the past.

People sign up. Everyone sends their addresses to the organizer. Once everyone has signed up, the organizer messages the addresses to everyone, and then you send the cards.

message 38: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateharper) | 206 comments ::joins Gail in fist shaking::

message 39: by Sally, la reina (new)

::Stands behind Gail and Kate doing the fist pump::

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup!

::crosses Sally and Kevin off the post card list::

message 41: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments whah?

it was a joke...they're all jokes people :)

my real address is:

322 Maple
Mayberry, NC

message 42: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i sort of like britt's idea. sally? thoughts?

message 43: by Sally, la reina (new)

I like Britt's idea too. Sounds good to me!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

:D of course. You don't think I would really cross you of the list Kevin.

::Not trusting Kevin, googling new address::

message 45: by Sally, la reina (new)

And may I add that I'm completely psyched by this project?

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Google results, Taylor Family from the 'Andy Griffiths Show'. At least I knew who the Munsters were. :D

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Sally is being psyched a good thing or a bad thing?

message 48: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart So who is the organizer? And how do we make this thing official? I would be the organizer, but midterms are next week.

message 49: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i'm psyched that i psyched sally with this idea

i am actually getting some ideas for postcards. i feel like martha stewart (without the prison tats)

message 50: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) I like your solution Britt!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.