The Manhattan Hunt Club discussion

Other Authors > Other Authors Who Use Children

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, Group Creator (new)

Jenna (bookworm12186) | 77 comments Mod
There are other authors who use children in their books as villians, or use them as catalysts, victims...or childhood like themes in a sci fi-mystery-thriller type genre.

Who are some books?

message 2: by Erica (new)

Erica (bookpsycho) | 82 comments Stephen King has used kids as victims a few times. Christine is a good example. The main character starts out as a kind of weakling getting bullied, and ends up being an aggressor due to his car.

message 3: by Jenna, Group Creator (new)

This is true. Do you like the use of children as victims or villians in books?

message 4: by Erica (new)

Erica (bookpsycho) | 82 comments I hate kids as victims and villains. When they are victimized, I want to beat the victimizer, and when they are the villains, I want to beat them. It's a no win situation for me.

message 5: by Jenna, Group Creator (new)

Victims are a no go for me, but I understand making them so because it does exactly that ticks people off.

As villians, I love it.

message 6: by Erica (new)

Erica (bookpsycho) | 82 comments What I hate is when the child is the villain and no one knows until it is too late. They act all sweet and innocent, then stab you in the back. I yell at my book a lot when that happens.

message 7: by Jenna, Group Creator (new)

Erica wrote: "What I hate is when the child is the villain and no one knows until it is too late. They act all sweet and innocent, then stab you in the back. I yell at my book a lot when that happens."

lol. This happens alot. I think it freaks adults out. haha.