Betsy-Tacy discussion

Heroes and Villians

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Stephanie | 6 comments Who are your favorite characters in B-T and why? Whom do you loathe?

I've always adored brave Miss Cobb, who calmly broke her engagement to raise her sister's TB-laden children.

Isobel from CARNEY'S HOUSE PARTY annoys me to no end. She thinks she's so great, just because she's from Long Island! Well, I've got news for you, honey: So is Joey Buttafuoco. That ain't nothing to be proud of.

message 2: by Sallie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Sallie | 6 comments Hard to pick a favorite out of so many great characters, but my first thought was Tacy. I love how she is the calming influence on Betsy in many ways, and such a loyal friend. She knows Betsy's faults and loves her anyway. To be good friends for that long is amazing!

Whom do I loathe? Again first thought is Don from EoDV. I so want Emily to give him the heave ho early on in the book, like when we first meet him. Isobel is different from all our friends in DV, but I don't loathe her like I do Don. Of course, he is quite easy to hate ;-}

message 3: by Tacykelly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:41PM) (new)

Tacykelly | 1 comments I agree that Don is a villian.
Of course Tacy is my favorite character. Besides the red hair I also grew up in a large Irish family.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 2 comments Guys...my favorite character is a no-brainer: Betsy. Yes, I know she' the main character but I love her! I like to think she and I have the most in common. AS a second-favorite, I would have to say Joe.

Villains? That's harder. I must say Mr. Gaston annoyed me. Especially the apple blossom incident. I fumed about it for a while before I saw it the way Betsy did and laughed.