Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > College Football 2010

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Oct 10, 2010 05:43PM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments For the third year in a row, my Spartans pecker slapped those arrogant bastards from Ann Arbor, exposing that whole Denard-Robinson-as-Heisman-hopeful shit as the house of cards it truly is.

I heard I-94 heading out of Ann Arbor is closed. Too many Wolverine fans fell off the bandwagon and are obstructing traffic.

message 2: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) so glad you started this thread! I was cheering for those Spartans. I was glad to see Coach Dantonio at the game and looking well. the Stanford v USC game was a barnburner. Harbaugh is quite a coach and Luck has them talking like he is the second coming of Elway. But living in Denver, we have had a second, third, fourth.....

message 3: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Dantonio is crazy. I know it's Michigan and all - it doesn't get any bigger than that around here despite what some in Ann Arbor may say about their yearly showdown with Ohio State - but interim coach Don Treadwell led the team past #11 Wisconsin last week (sorry, Jim) so Dantonio could have stayed away another week if he really wanted to. I was glad to see him there, though

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments No need to apologize Clark, the better team won. MSU looks like they might have turned the corner and will be able to win a lot of games against the upper echelon, where before it was a hit or miss type of thing. I also was cheering for the Spartans this weekend.

message 5: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) some awesome matchups today...Oklahoma v Missouri, LSU v Auburn,
Wisconsin v Iowa

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Sorry Clark, but for only the 2nd or 3rd time in my life I will be rooting for the Hawkeyes this weekend.

message 7: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Jim "Badgerilla" wrote: "Sorry Clark, but for only the 2nd or 3rd time in my life I will be rooting for the Hawkeyes this weekend."

I don't blame you, Jim. After this, I'm not so sure about Mark Dantonio any more:

http://www.freep.com/article/20101029...

message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments The follies of big time athletics. Sadly he isn't the first and won't be the last to go down this path.

message 9: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) GO MIZZOU!!!

message 10: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments ms.petra wrote: "GO MIZZOU!!!"

Heh. How'd that work for you, Petra?

message 11: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Go Big Red.

message 12: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Oct 31, 2010 08:12AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments It would've been nice if Michigan State showed up for Iowa.

message 13: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Yeah, that wasn't much of a game Clark. I missed watching it, but they kept giving scores at my sons playoff game.

message 14: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) RandomAnthony wrote: "ms.petra wrote: "GO MIZZOU!!!"

Heh. How'd that work for you, Petra?"

not well... my support for a team seems to be a jinx...:(

message 15: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Joe Paterno gets his 400th win! that is a long career.
so my daughter calls me at half time of KU v CU. she says, mom CU you is killing - 35-10. A little while later she calls and says KU won 52-45! now that is a come back!

message 16: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Coach Hawkins is being fired from CU this morning. He will leave with a $1.8 million buyout.

message 17: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Great season Clark. I hope that MSU gets a nice bowl, they deserve it, they were good enough to beat us.

message 18: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Jim wrote: "Great season Clark. I hope that MSU gets a nice bowl, they deserve it, they were good enough to beat us."

Thanks, Jim. It's not always easy being green.

message 19: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments The Badgers have surprised me. I thought they were going to crash and burn.

message 20: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments They actually have surprised me too. But they have come on like gang busters since the Michigan State game.

message 21: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I realize that no one else will care, but Congratulations to the UW Whitewater Warhawks on their Division 3 National Championship. Sixth year in a row that they have played Mt Union in the Championship game, and they have each won 3.

message 22: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) is anyone doing the college bowl pick'em? A guy at work organized it and of course, being the sucker I am, I filled out a sheet and put in my money. I am rooting for Oregon and Michigan State to upset. :)

message 23: by Jim (last edited Jan 01, 2011 09:06AM) (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Rose Bowl party at our house if any one cares to stop by.

Big day for the Big 10.

message 24: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yes, tons of big ten games today.

Petra, since you've been sucking up your pro pools lately, should we pick against yours as a guaranteed path to success?:)

I'm making rose bowl donuts.

message 25: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) basically, that is a good strategy.

message 26: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Horrible day for the big 10. The Badgers played well, but congrats to TCU.

message 27: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments The Big 10 demonstrated major suckage across the board.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.