All The Books You've Never Read discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives :D > City of Ashes BuddyRead

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Yep! We are deciding to continue with this series! It has been 3 months since Elyssa and I held a BR for the series debut, City of Bones. We have been longing to read the sequel, and now we will! :D

Reading starts on October 15th (this Friday); please post your name below if you will be reading with us. Elyssa or myself will send a message to you reminding you to check for the first "assignment." :)

message 2: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) October 16th & 17th: Chapters 1 - 3. Be ready to discuss on the 18th! If you can come up with questions to spark the discussion, please post them! :D

message 3: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) October 18th & 19th: Chapters 4 - 6. Haven't finished reading Chapter 3, but will come up with some questions as soon as I'm done. Feel free to post some that you have to start a discussion :D!

message 4: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) October 20th & 21st: Chapters 7-8. Will try to discuss on the 22nd!

message 5: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) October 22nd - 23rd: Chapters 9 - 12. Questions are coming soon :).

message 6: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) October 24th - 25th: Chapters 13 - 14.

message 7: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Here are some questions that I can ask off the top of my head. Answer them when you get a chance!

1. Out of what you've read so far (Chapters 1 - 12), what's your favorite part?

2. Simon has turned to a Child of the Night. Do you think you would be able to handle your best friend/ boyfriend being a vampire?

3. Jace and Clary kissed in the Seelie Court because of a requirement by the Seelie Queen. Even though that might have been what they wanted, I don't think it's fair. Your opinion??

message 8: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Answers to above questions:

1. I don't really have a favorite part. The book is too good. Maybe the part where Simon called Clary his girlfriend (and then they went and made out; aww!). Or the scene where Jace and Clary kissed. I mean, Jace said it was "just a kiss," but it was really so much more than that. LOL.

2. I doubt that, if all this was real, I would be able to handle my best friend/ boyfriend turning into a vampire. It was make me pass out ofthrow up whenever someone told me. Then again, I wouldn't believe them until I saw it for myself.

3. Okay, so this was one of my favorite parts in #1, but I really don't think that was fair. The Shadowhunters wouldn't have made her kiss someone before she could leave the Institute. Gosh, faeries are so evil in this series. I'm so glad that this stuff isn't real because some of it is simply ridiculous. *tsk tsk tsk, shakes head*

message 9: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) October 26 - 27th: Chapters 15 - 17!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Ashes (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cassandra Clare (other topics)