The Agogian Academy for Young Warriors discussion

Roleplaying > Advanced Strategy and Tactics Class

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LungHuo* 龍火 * | 80 comments "Tactics are essential for every battle. Either when commanding an army or fighting alone, or when fighting with a weapon or without. Sun Tsu says; you must know the end of a battle before it even started. In my class you will learn how."

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (normalgirl) New rolls her eyes. This man was good.

LungHuo* 龍火 * | 80 comments "In the first lessons we will deal with some basics where you will hopefully use your knowledge from the lower class and complete these basics with the ones I'll teach you. All in all these lessons won't be too hard. After that you will learn about commanding subordinates either if it is an army or a small group. Other things will come later and you should concentrate on the present anyway."

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (normalgirl) (So is the other class first before this one?)

LungHuo* 龍火 * | 80 comments (yep......you can attend this one directly if you feel prepared enaugh ^^)

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (normalgirl) (K.K. Ill b in both.)

message 7: by Ace (new)

Ace (xxflyingramenxx) Violet raised her hand. "Ah, Excuse me sir, but is there a sylabus for this class?"

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten ((about that... I couldn't come up with one for the "beginner" class of this.... is that OK? I can try and come up with something...))

message 9: by Ace (new)

Ace (xxflyingramenxx) ((Well, what I did was break down all the components of the subject into units. For example:
You could do a unit on the dynamics of an army, then a unit on Basic strategies.))

message 10: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (normalgirl) (Slybi are for losers. Ima winner. Im quoting ND

message 11: by Ace (new)

Ace (xxflyingramenxx) (ND?))

LungHuo* 龍火 * | 80 comments ((sry to keep u waiting......I'm searching for universities at the moment......))
"I already told you what we will do in the next lessons. I will choose what to do next after I've seen how you all get along with my class. That's also a basic: You can't force your weakest troups to fight like your elite ones."

message 13: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (normalgirl) (Nepolian Dynamite)

LungHuo* 龍火 * | 80 comments ((who or what the heck is that O_O?))

message 15: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (normalgirl) (Wow........)

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Brianna-chan, Daughter of Zeus! (New Account!!!)) wrote: "((Well, what I did was break down all the components of the subject into units. For example:
You could do a unit on the dynamics of an army, then a unit on Basic strategies.))"

((I know... but there isnt enough... and that's not Mr. Ballista's teaching style.))

message 17: by Ace (new)

Ace (xxflyingramenxx) ((You don't have to have a new unit each quarter, you can devote semester 1 to Tactics, and Semester 2 to Strategies, idc. Do what you want. XD))

Violet nodded. "Or else the whole army will fail." She said wisely.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten ((Hm.....))

LungHuo* 龍火 * | 80 comments "Correct.",Mr. Jiang said and wrote something in a little book."Well, is there anyone who can tell me the five rules for strategic calculations?",he then asked the class.

LungHuo* 龍火 * | 80 comments ((shouldn't I better wait for ur class to start, Lynx?))
"Nobody?"

message 21: by LungHuo* 龍火 * (last edited Oct 10, 2010 03:43PM) (new)

LungHuo* 龍火 * | 80 comments Mr.Jiang sighed."Let's make it easier. Which one of two armies which are same in strength and number and both with excellent organization would win? One of the armies is on its retreat and almost back home. Think for a bit and tell me your opinion then."

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten ((I don't think it matters...))

message 23: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (normalgirl) New raised her hand, which was new for her. She almost never spoke in any of her classes.

LungHuo* 龍火 * | 80 comments "New? Well, tell us what you think."

message 25: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (normalgirl) "I believe the army on the offense has the greater power because they are hunting not retreating. The retreating party is playing defense and trying to get to safe ground. Their minds are occupied on two things whereas the offensive army has only one objective. Kill and conquer." New tucked a stray piece of blue hair out of her eyes.

LungHuo* 龍火 * | 80 comments "Wrong!",Mr. Jiang said."The retreating army would win. Why you ask? Well, the first and most important thing about an army or a troop is the morale of the soldiers. The hunting army is far away from home and is going deeper into enemy territory, while the retreating army knows their home is near with their houses and families, they know it is their land that would be destroyed if they lost. The retreating soldiers would turn around immediatly on just a wink of their commander and fight like a tigress protecting her cubs." Mr. Jiang paused for a bit."You see, the morale of the army is the first thing you have to consider when you think about a strategy. Your men can't fight properly when their morale is down. You're duty as a commander is to know your soldiers and to keep their battle morale as high as possible. That would be the topic of our lesson today. The morale."

message 27: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (normalgirl) New tried to hide her smile. She loved giving teachers the wrong answer and watching them get all uptight about it.

LungHuo* 龍火 * | 80 comments "Can you tell me some methods to raise the morale of a troop or an army?",Mr. Jiang asked the students.

message 29: by Ace (new)

Ace (xxflyingramenxx) Violet crossed her arms over her chest. "Encouragement."

LungHuo* 龍火 * | 80 comments "That's a bit too general. What exactly do you mean by encouragement? How do you want to encourage your soldiers?"

message 31: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (normalgirl) "Boost moral by chanting/singing war songs." New answered without thinking and wished that she hadn't. She had a reputation to keep.

LungHuo* 龍火 * | 80 comments Mr.Jiang didn't look very amused."Not at all. You can raise the mood a bit by it but not the morale! If you want to keep the morale up you have to know your soldiers. March with them, fight with them, eat with them and sleep with them. They have to see that you are caring about them, that you wont be the kind of commander who uses them as canon fodder. But even you live with them they have to always keep in mind that you're higher than them. That would be one of the next topics so we wont bother with it now.
You have to know them and then you have to give them something they would apreciate. Let them loot as much as they need but as little as it isno danger for the population. Give them rewards for hard work and many prisoners so they will work harder. Do you understand what I mean?" He looked at New.

message 33: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (normalgirl) New tried not to giggle when he said to sleep with them. New glared at the teacher a challenge brewing in her bright blue eyes.

LungHuo* 龍火 * | 80 comments "I see the topic disciplin is something we should deal with very detailed.",he answered New's glare. He then turned to the class again:"Your homework will be to think of a strategy to brake the morale of the enemy troop or army. That would do it for today."

message 35: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (normalgirl) New stood up and promptly turned to leave.