Jackie's Delicious Delights discussion

My Query Letter!!!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Hey everybody! I'm trying to get my book, Soul Stealer published, and I'm sending my query letter today to the literary agent Rachel Vater. (She was the agent for Wicked Lovely! :D) Tell me what u guyz think...

Dear Ms. Vater,

I understand that you are looking for young adult urban fantasy: something edgy and original, with touches of humor and romance--all elements that can be found in my novel, Soul Stealer. Soul Stealer is a modern-day, urban fantasy, currently 107, 935 words in length. Like Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, Soul Stealer has a modern setting, yet a traditional fantasy twist.

Eva died at the age of sixteen. She is partly bitter over her death, which makes her job as a Soul Stealer -- an undead being who releases the souls of dying people into the spirit world -- difficult. Then, suddenly, her existence is threatened by a new force: a Soul Saver, whose name is David. David, a thoughtful and sensitive seventeen-year-old, has the ability to save people with his mind. Both teenagers have been suffering as they adjust to their new “lives”, constantly discovering the extent and importance of their powers, but each considers the other an enemy-- until the night that David’s life is the one in peril, and Eva makes a dangerous choice.

As seen through the alternating perspectives of Eva and David, the story is about their struggle to understand life, death, and their feelings for each other, while countless human souls hang in the balance. Soul Stealer will appeal to readers ages twelve and up, especially those who read urban fantasies, like those of Scott Westerfeld, or paranormal romances by authors like Stephenie Meyer.

Soul Stealer is my second novel, but it is the first one that I am trying to get published. I hope that you will give it consideration, for it acknowledges an important representation of how teenagers try to make sense of the complexity and irony of life and the significance of death.

Thank you very much for your time. Enclosed is the first chapter of Soul Stealer. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Brigid Gorry-Hines

message 2: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Awesome Brigid! I really liked it. It would definitely get my attention.

message 3: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ haha. good. XD i just mailed it today...

message 4: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Good luck! I really hope she likes it!

message 5: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Wow! That's a really good query letter! Good luck! I hope it appeals to her!

message 6: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ thanx. :D