Quotes discussion

Quotes from Movies > Quotes from TV

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GSGS, heeeeeeeeey (new)

GSGS | 242 comments Mod
Please say quote, who said it and which show it came from. If at all possible, say what episode/season it was.

message 2: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire YESSS! :D

message 3: by GSGS, heeeeeeeeey (new)

GSGS | 242 comments Mod
*rolls eyes* Now that I've actually done it, can you quote some good movie quotes?

message 4: by GSGS, heeeeeeeeey (new)

GSGS | 242 comments Mod
Get Smart
Agent 99: Oh, Max, how terrible.
Maxwell Smart: He desereved it, 99. He was a Kaos killer.
Agent 99: Sometimes I wonder if we're any better, Max.
Maxwell Smart: What are you talking about, 99? We have to shoot and kill and destroy. We represent everything that's wholesome and good in the world.

message 5: by GSGS, heeeeeeeeey (new)

GSGS | 242 comments Mod
((Sorry. I love Get Smart, so you'll be hearing heaps of quotes from there))
Maxwell Smart: You can't do that, Chief. Hymie's my friend.
Chief: Your friend busted into my office, said he was going to kill me, smashed my desk to pieces, and almost strangled me with his bare hands!
Maxwell Smart: Well, I said he was my friend, not yours.

message 6: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 40 comments quotes from the show the big bang theory.

Sheldon: Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

Sheldon: Why are you crying?
Penny: Because I'm stupid!
Sheldon: That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.

Raj: I don't like bugs, okay? They freak me out.
Sheldon: Interesting. You're afraid of insects and women. Ladybugs must render you catatonic.

Sheldon: I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Penny: I give up. He's impossible!
Sheldon: I can't be impossible; I exist! I think what you meant to say is, 'I give up; he's improbable'.

Sheldon: *knock knock knock* Leonard? *knock knock knock* Leonard? *knock knock knock* Leonard?
Leonard: *opens door* What Sheldon! What Sheldon! What Sheldon!
Sheldon: Tell me what you see here. (Holding his laptop.)
Leonard: The blunt instrument that will be the focus of my murder trial?

Leonard: Why are you learning Chinese?
Sheldon: I believe the Szechuan Palace has been passing off orange chicken as tangerine chicken, and I intend to confront them.
Leonard: If I were you, I'd be more concerned about what they're passing off as chicken.

message 7: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire GSGS wrote: "*rolls eyes* Now that I've actually done it, can you quote some good movie quotes?"

You mean TV? XD And since I watched Project Runway yesterday...

Mondo: Stakes are high... I don't even like steak.
Christopher: That was deep, Mondo.

Reason #394 why Mondo should win. XD

message 8: by GSGS, heeeeeeeeey (new)

GSGS | 242 comments Mod
WHATEVER.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

GO MONDO.
Tin Gunn OWNS.
"Make it work!"
- Tim Gunn

message 10: by Rosie (last edited Oct 10, 2010 11:07PM) (new)

Rosie (rosielight) Cody wrote: "quotes from the show the big bang theory.

Sheldon: Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard ea..."

lmao I love BBT XD

message 11: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire And now for Lost quotes... XD

Sawyer: Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Charlie: So... first plane crash?
Claire: What gave it away?
Charlie: Ah, you can always spot the newbies.

Charlie: They'll find us. They have satellites in space that can take pictures of your license plate.
Sayid: If only we were all wearing license plates.

Ana-Lucia: You do what I tell you. When I say, "move" you move. When I say "stop" you stop. When I say "jump", what do you say? 
Sawyer: You first.

Kate: Do you really expect me to work in this dress?
Pickett: You can take it off if you like.
[Sawyer grins at Kate suggestively and Kate gives him a nasty look]
Sawyer: (to Pickett) How dare you!!

Kate: It's strange, huh?
Jack: What's that?
Kate: Being back, not looking for a way out of a cage. Not finding a reason to go running off into the jungle again. I almost don't know what to do with myself.
Jack: Well, enjoy it. I'm sure something will go wrong soon enough.

Sawyer: Wait, what's going on?
Walt: Charlie and Claire. They think Ethan took them.
Sawyer: Ethan took 'em, huh? Took em' why? And who the hell is Ethan? And why am I getting the evening news from a 6 year old?
Walt: I'm ten.
Sawyer: (sarcastic) Alright. Then it must be true.

Hurley: Maybe the dog can find water. I mean, dogs can find pot and bombs, so I'm sure they can find water.

Benjamin Linus: Of course, if I were one of them -- these people that you seem to think are your enemies -- what would I do? Well, there'd be no balloon, so I'd draw a map to a really secluded place like a cave or some underbrush. Good place for a trap -- an ambush. And then when your friends got there, a bunch of my people would be waiting for them. I guess it's a good thing I'm not one of them, huh? You guys got any milk?

The Man in Black: They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.
Jacob: It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

^ I had to end with a deep quote. :3

message 12: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 40 comments Rosie wrote: "Cody wrote: "quotes from the show the big bang theory.

Sheldon: Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates li..."

lol its such a good show

message 13: by Rosie (new)

Rosie (rosielight) Yes, yes it is indeedy

message 14: by RCRC (new)

RCRC  (rcrc) | 115 comments Damon Salvatore: I do believe in killing the messenger, you know why? Because it sends a message.
"The Vampire Diaries: Isobel " (2010

message 15: by RCRC (new)

RCRC  (rcrc) | 115 comments Sayid Jarrah: Does anyone speak French?
Boone Carlyle: She does.
Shannon Rutherford: No I don't! What?
Boone Carlyle: What the hell are you talking about? You spent a year in Paris!
Shannon Rutherford: Drinking! Not studying!
"Lost: Pilot: Part 2" (2004)

message 16: by RCRC (new)

RCRC  (rcrc) | 115 comments Boone: It's about fifteen minutes since we've seen any sign. What are we following?
Locke: My gut.
"Lost: All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues " (2004)

message 17: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire :DD

message 18: by RCRC (new)

RCRC  (rcrc) | 115 comments I knew you would like the Lost quotes! >:D

message 19: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire I do! And is Damon played by the guy who played Boone? Or is that someone else?

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 88 comments Probably... otherwise RCRC wouldn't know those quotes.... or did you watch Lost RCRC?

message 21: by RCRC (new)

RCRC  (rcrc) | 115 comments No. Swiftfire is right. Damon played Boone, that's why I posted them...

message 22: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire Well, thank you! XD

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 88 comments Ian Somerhalder... *shakes head*

message 24: by Swiftfire (new)

Swiftfire *swoons*

message 25: by RCRC (new)

RCRC  (rcrc) | 115 comments *Screams! Then ask if can take a photo with then hugs then kisses then asks for number?* >:D hehe

message 26: by Swiftfire (last edited Oct 15, 2010 04:36AM) (new)

Swiftfire Even if that's not creepy at all because he's more than twice our age... XDD

message 27: by RCRC (new)

RCRC  (rcrc) | 115 comments True... well just the picture and hug...

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 88 comments *But secretly when you turn away, she'll kiss him Otherwise, she'll die.*

message 29: by RCRC (new)

RCRC  (rcrc) | 115 comments *Whispers to MST "How did you know!?" GASP? O.o?*

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 88 comments *Because I know you. XD*

Beauty and the Geek Australia

Beauty: I was in a job interview and they asked me what I would bring to the job daily. And I said, 'lunch'.

message 31: by RCRC (new)

RCRC  (rcrc) | 115 comments Beauty and the Geek Australia

Beauty: I was doing a bikini shot, so I thought long eyelashes, so I went to my eyelash box and I didn't have any eyelash glue, so I went to my nail box...

I glued my eye together...

ROFL!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

GLEE QUOTE TIME YALL!

"It's just like a male nurse; sin against nature."
-SueSlyvester

message 33: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (magikalstarz) "It's not that. It's just that most of us don't know how to bake. I find recipes confusing."
- Britany S. Pierce; Episode 1.9, "Wheels"; Glee

message 34: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (magikalstarz) "My pilot's license? It's out back in the Cessna. Or perhaps you're referring to my license to kill. Revoked - problems at the Kazakhstan border. I'd give you the details, but then I'd have to kill you... which I can't do because my license to kill has been revoked." -Psych

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 88 comments Yay Glee!!! Brittany is hilarious. :)

message 36: by RCRC (last edited Oct 19, 2010 12:44AM) (new)

RCRC  (rcrc) | 115 comments Leonard Hofstadter: I'm just saying that you can't approach this intellectually.
Sheldon Cooper: However do you mean?
Leonard Hofstadter: Remember when you tried to learn how to swim from the internet?
Sheldon Cooper: I did learn how to swim.
Leonard Hofstadter: Yeah, on the floor.
Sheldon Cooper: The skills are transferable. I just have no desire to get in the water.
Leonard Hofstadter: Then why learn how to swim?
Sheldon Cooper: The ice caps are melting, Leonard. In the future, swimming won't be optional.

Quote from The Friendship Algorithm, Big Bang Theory.

message 37: by RCRC (new)

RCRC  (rcrc) | 115 comments Rajesh Koothrappali: Gentlemen, I put it to you: the worst tapioca pudding is better than the best pudding of any other flavor.
Sheldon Cooper: First off, that is axiomatically wrong because the best pudding is chocolate. Secondly, the organic structure of tapioca makes it a jiggling bowl of potential death. It is extracted from the plant...
Howard Wolowitz: - Hey, I'm thinking of growing a mustache.
Leonard Hofstadter: Oh, no kidding. A Fu Manchu, a handlebar, pencil?
Sheldon Cooper: It is extracted from...
Howard Wolowitz: I'm not sure yet. You know, George Clooney has one now.
Rajesh Koothrappali: Really? I once saw him shopping at Ralphs. He was buying tequila.
Howard Wolowitz: You'd think a guy like that would have some kind of booze lackey.
[Sheldon's face and eyes are twitching]
Leonard Hofstadter: Alright, this is cruel. We better let him finish before his head explodes.
Howard Wolowitz: Alright, Sheldon why is tapioca?...
[at lightning speed]
Sheldon Cooper: Tapioca is extracted from the plant Manihot esculenta. Due to a high concentration of cyanide it is poisonous in it's raw form and lethal if prepared improperly.
[takes a drink]
Rajesh Koothrappali: Feel better now?
Sheldon Cooper: It also indigenous to Brazil, as is the cocoa bean from which we get chocolate. The best pudding.
[normal speed, to Leonard]
Sheldon Cooper: You promised you wouldn't do that anymore.

Quote from The Friendship Algorithm, Big Bang Theory.

message 38: by Rosie (new)

Rosie (rosielight) Haha... Beans...

message 39: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 40 comments lol I love that show

message 40: by GSGS, heeeeeeeeey (new)

GSGS | 242 comments Mod
Chief: How can we believe a man who would sell out his friends?
Siegfried: Dumkopf! Who else are you supposed to sell out? You can't betray enemies!!

Maxwell Smart: Pardon me while I get my shoe phone.
Get Smart

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 88 comments A Go! ad for the new season of Fringe.

Woman: I'm trying to help you get home
Olivia: This is not my home.

ISN'T THAT WHY SHE'S TRYING TO GET YOU HOME? Yeah, I have no idea what the series is about but this ad ticks me off. :)

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 88 comments Talkin' about your Generation.

Voiceover: This week's viewer question is; Who are the Olsen twins?
A. Ashley and Mary Anne.
B. Ashley and Mary Kate.
or C. Ashley and Super Mario.

message 43: by GSGS, heeeeeeeeey (new)

GSGS | 242 comments Mod
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Ahhh...

message 44: by GSGS, heeeeeeeeey (new)

GSGS | 242 comments Mod
Phil: You can insult a lot of things about me - my hair, my voice, my balance-board exercises - but don't insult my selling. That crosses a line. What line? Oh, you don't see it? That's because I just sold it

MOdern Family.

message 45: by Miss Silvertongue (last edited Nov 13, 2010 11:33PM) (new)

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 88 comments Damon: It's kill or be killed! You either suck it up or leave!

The Vampire Diaries: Plan B (#2.6) XD

message 46: by RCRC (new)

RCRC  (rcrc) | 115 comments Stefan Salvatore: What happened tonight when you thought she was Elena?
Damon Salvatore: It's risking another frown line encroaching on a very crowded forehead. We... kissed.
Elena Gilbert: And you thought it was me?
Stefan Salvatore: What do you mean you kissed?
Damon Salvatore: Well... you know, when two lips pucker and they go
[makes kissing noises]

"The Vampire Diaries: The Return (#2.1)" (2010)

message 47: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 40 comments Big Bang Theory again

Sheldon: I decided to take your advice and have arranged to go on a date with Amy Farrah Fowler.
Penny: Oh, that's great! Have fun.
Sheldon: Wait! You have to drive me.
Penny: What?!
Sheldon: You know I don't drive.
Penny: Well, go ask Leonard!
Sheldon: I did; he said, and I quote: "Ask Penny, it was her cockamamie idea."
Penny: Leonard said "cockamamie"?
Sheldon: Actually, I'm paraphrasing. Having been raised in a Christian household, I'm uncomfortable with the language he used. And to be honest, I'm not entirely comfortable with "cockamamie".

Howard: Women, you can't live with them. You can't successfully refute thier hypotheses.
Sheldon: Amen to that.

Leonard: What would you be if you were attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis?
Sheldon: Screwed.
Leonard: There you go.

Leonard: Have you considered telling her how you feel?
Sheldon: Leonard, I'm a physicist, not a hippie!

Leonard: I'm the Darth Vadar of Pasadena!
Sheldon: You're far too short to be Darth Vadar!

Sheldon: And here is my Justice League membership card, but that doesn't prove I know Batman.

Sheldon: Knock Knock.
Leonard: Who's there?
Sheldon: Hugh.
Leonard: Hugh who?
Sheldon: Hugh guys ought to listen to me.

Sheldon: Under normal circumstances I'd say I told you so. But, as I have told so with such vehemence and frequency already the phrase has lost all meaning. Therefore, I will be replacing it with the phrase, I have informed you thusly.