Goodreads Tea Party discussion

Promotions > Hell & Gone by Henry Brown

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Henry (new)

Henry Brown (machinetrooper) | 23 comments Hello fellow Tea Partiers. I'm still learning how to use Goodreads (it's not idiot-proof, lemme tell ya!), so I haven't done much here yet. But I want to plug my military thriller Hell And Gone, in case any of you like to read in that genre. Here's a mini-blurb:

When a bloodthirsty jihadist is given a nuclear weapon and a chance to forever alienate Israel from American support, all hope rides on thirteen expendable SpecOps veterans almost as insane as the suicidal plan they're given to stop him.

It's received all 4 and 5-star reviews, so far. The latest 5-star award is from Midwest Book Review...so as you can imagine, I'm tickled about that. One thing that really pleases me is that even folks who strongly disagree with me ideologically have liked the book.

I hope you'll consider visiting my website at www.hell-and-gone.com to determine if it's the sort of fiction you or somebody you know might enjoy reading. There are excerpts on the site, character profiles, a glossary, short essays about elite military units...a whole bunch of stuff.

It's available in paperback or ebook in all the major formats. It's easy to find at any of the online retailers' sites, or your local brick-and-mortar bookstore can order it.

BTW, it is not about the deployments to Iraq or Afghanistan.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Oh yeah--I also have a blog: http://twofistedblogger.blogspot.com

message 2: by Jpavalock (new)

Jpavalock | 2 comments Interesting. Thanks for the notice.

message 3: by Henry (new)

Henry Brown (machinetrooper) | 23 comments ;-) Thanks for noticing!

message 4: by Nina (new)

Nina Congratulations on your book rewards. You should be proud. nina

message 5: by Henry (new)

Henry Brown (machinetrooper) | 23 comments Thanks, Nina. I just got another one from New Podler Review of Books--most detailed review yet.

message 6: by Juliet (last edited Dec 25, 2010 02:49AM) (new)

Juliet Ezati | 3 comments Hello,to all. my name is Juliet and I`m book lover
I think I can`t live without book. I can`t find all the book that I read It`s need too time and I already lern how to use goodreads .....
good luck

message 7: by Henry (new)

Henry Brown (machinetrooper) | 23 comments Hi Juliet. I can't live without reading either. Thanks for saying hi.

message 8: by Juliet (new)

Juliet Ezati | 3 comments Hi Henry , your website is very good and intresting.
good luck

message 9: by Henry (new)

Henry Brown (machinetrooper) | 23 comments Thanks! And have a great Christmas.