Meidell's PHS Reads! discussion

When to meet

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyle (last edited Jul 14, 2008 12:13AM) (new)

Kyle (kyle_meidell) | 5 comments Mod
At some point, I'd like to arrange a time for us to meet and discuss this book. It will be a little while yet( I haven't actually started reading the book in earnest yet).

I'm thinking either the first or last week of August, as I'll be out of the country in between that.

Mandolin Cafe, on S. 12th and Madison streets in Tacoma is a great place for such a meeting, and easy to get to from Highway 16. If people would rather meet on the other side of the Bridge, we could do that too, perhaps at Borders.

Please feel free to provide your input, as I'm very flexible.

I'd also like to see if we can coordinate our meeting with Mrs. Johannsen's group, as she's reading a very similar book.

message 2: by Taylor W. (new)

Taylor W. Rushing | 2 comments Try the pumpkin soup.

message 3: by Kyle (new)

May have to wait for October or so for that one...

message 4: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Miller | 4 comments I am out of washington until school starts. Mr Midel could you tell me what I should do.

message 5: by Kyle (new)

Since, I am leaving for Australia tomorrow, and have just started to read the book, it looks like the end of August will be our meeting time. I return on the 26th. the 27th and 28th are teacher days at PHS. The first day of school is the 3rd of Sept. This gives us:
a. Friday, 29th August
b. Saturday 30th August
c. Sunday 31st August
d. Monday 1st August
e. Tuesday 2nd August

I'm open to any of them, but I'd like to choose by the 20th of this month. Let me know what you are interested in.
Aaron- are you going to be back in time for any of these dayes?

message 6: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Miller | 4 comments Unfortintaly No. I have read the book but, I can not make it.

message 7: by Kyle (new)

Sorry for the short message- I'm parked in front of the Apple store, the only place I could get free wireless in Sydney. I'd like to meet at Friday the 29th about lunchtime at Mandolin Cafe. Any takers?

message 8: by Taylor W. (new)

Taylor W. Rushing | 2 comments Unfortunately, I will be spending three days with Mr. Dave Matthews at The Gorge and will not be able to attend.

I will be there in spirit and greet you all with early-season pumpkin soup in hand.

message 9: by Andy (new)

Andy (awolf) | 7 comments I will be at PAX (Penny Arcade Convention) with a bunch of cool nerd guys from school. I AM open Wednesday and Thursday for Tacoma. I work downtown...

message 10: by Kyle (new)

In light of most people not being able to meet tomorrow, we'll definitely meet again after school starts. I'm still going to be at Mandolin Cafe tomorrow (3923 S 12th St in Tacoma) at about noon. If anybody else is there, we can talk about the book or other things, perhaps over lunch. If not, I'll enjoy a cappuccino and go set up my classroom.