European Royalty discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mandy (last edited Oct 09, 2010 12:57PM) (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments Checking out at Walmart today I noticed a magazine with Princess Diana on the cover...
LIFE Magazine has just published a special edition all about "the royals"
It looks awesome!
I bought one, but haven't read any of it yet. Just skimming, though, it looks like it's going to be lots of fun!

Not sure if this will work or not, but here's a picture...
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s2...

message 2: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments O...M...G!!!

That looks amazing! Ha ha, I was at Walmart today too - didn't see the magazine though (wasn't really looking - will definitely have to keep an eye out for it next time!). Picture looks great!

message 3: by annie (new)

annie (tellsnoemotion) | 24 comments UMMMMM I MUST OWN THIS

BRB LOOKING OBSESSIVELY IN CANADA FOR IT

message 4: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments It's so much fun, girls! I read to page 46 last night and I am enjoying it so much!
It's got a very simplified history of the reign of several British monarchs - like an introduction. There hasn't been anything in it that I didn't already know, but I love the way it's written.
The pictures/illustrations are the best part! There are some awesome ones of Victoria :)

They skipped several monarchs that I would have liked to have seen, of course, but I suppose they can't do them ALL.

Anyway, I love it. Definitely worth the $

message 5: by Kelly A. (new)

Kelly A. | 20 comments I just picked this up at Publix and took a peek inside - it looks AMAZING! Totally worth the money! :)

message 6: by Helen (new)

Helen Azar (helenazar) Wow, sounds like Diana is still selling magazines - 15 years after her death!

message 7: by Manuel (new)

Manuel | 85 comments Not very impressed.
They seem to have rehashed a lot of stock photography from the archives. Not much detail or history or explanation and definitely nothing original