The Romance Reviews discussion

Books (Spoilers) > Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paige (new)

Paige (anauthor) | 67 comments Mod
Discuss the book Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt here. Spoilers are welcome in this thread.

Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1) by Elizabeth Hoyt

The Romance Reviews (Carole) (The_Romance_Reviews) | 32 comments Mod
Hey, who do you think the Ghost of St. Giles is? I was thinking either Winter, St John or Asa (is this the brother's name, I kinda forgot, the one who has mysterious goings-on). I'm betting on Asa. :)

message 3: by Paige (new)

Paige (anauthor) | 67 comments Mod
LOL I so thought it was Asa!
The foreshadowing about his mysterious career was very intriguing and almost shouted at me that he was the ghost.

We shall see though.

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) I'm reading this at the moment and agree that Asa seems to be the most likely candidate for the Ghost. But Elizabeth Hoyt may just surprise us!

message 5: by Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (last edited Apr 30, 2011 02:57PM) (new)

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) Just finished reading this and loved it. I was fascinated by Lazarus and Temperance - such complex characters.

I believe that Lasarus's problems are probably psychological and manifested themselves as the result of his loveless childhood and the guilt over his sister's death.

Temperance's desire to suppress her sexual desires I think reflects the attitude to female sexuality in the 18th century which is confirmed by her husband - He made it clear that a woman who sought sex was to be pitied.

I love the dynamic between Lazarus and Temperance and the way he arouses her by whispering all those suggestive things to her. The scene in the brothel left me hot under the collar, I can tell you!

Nobody writes love scenes quite like EH!

I liked the darker tone of the book and how EH manages to bring the atmosphere of St Giles to life.

I want to know who the Ghost of St Giles is and can't wait for Scandalous Desires. How EH is going to redeem Charming Mickey in Silence's eyes I can't wait to find out!

In the meantime, I will enjoy Notorious Pleasures. I sneaked a peek at the excerpt at the end of Wicked Intentions and Lady Hero's first meeting with Griffin Reading is certainly different!!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wicked Intentions (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Elizabeth Hoyt (other topics)