twilight lovers! discussion

Misc Twilight Stuff!!!! > Midsummer Night's Nightmare

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 34 comments So, ever since Meyer said that one of the books that she was using as inspiration for BD is Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream," and I am freaking out! I mean everyone in that plays hormones get messed up and they start liking the wrong people! Help! Does anyone else have a good explanation for this besides the one that I have concluded: Bella will be with Jacob for a while?? Please say so, I despise the thought of Bella with Jacob. Thanks PS:I wonder why she won't say the other books title??? Would it be TMI? or is it something else?

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex Gates (savvyvampireluvr) | 43 comments No, I think it is going to be more of Edward falling in love with Bella and him thinking that he cant love her because of what he is and I think it will mainly be about Edward relizing he cant not love Bella.

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 34 comments THAT CANT HAPPEN!!!

message 4: by Alexis (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:35AM) (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) I would die! Didn't Stephanie notice that most people were pretty pissed that Edward wasn't in most of New Moon? He CAN'T not be in Breaking Dawn especially if it's the last book in the series!!! I'd be so upset. ALl this anticipation and all the ideas are making me too anxious to wait for the release. I wonder if all these ideas and theories will make the book more interesting or a little disappointing once we find out what really happens??

message 5: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) I wish people would stop freaking out, cuz then I freak out. And I don't like freaking out. I would freak out w/ u on this, if I knew what happens in midsummer's. No one I know seems to know.

message 6: by Brinkley (new)

Brinkley | 7 comments I do know and it better not happen in breaking dawn, there are two girls and two guys and the two guys like this one girl and she likes on of the guys and her freind likes the other guy and then this stupid fairy comes along and mixes the whole thing up and they all end up liking different people

message 7: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) THAT-WOULD-SUCK. blah.. I can't event think about it.

message 8: by Brinkley (last edited Jul 17, 2008 09:55AM) (new)

Brinkley | 7 comments i KNOW, right

message 9: by Melgado (new)

Melgado | 10 comments I wonder how loosely it will be based upon "A Midsummers Night's Dream." Whose relationships will get twisted around? Edwards and Bellas? Whom else will be involved. I hate to say Mike, he doesn't seem important enough. But then there is that quote of the day...

Bella: "Oh, Mike! How will I go on?"
But then Jacob seems to obvious. We already know that doesn't really seem to work out. In Eclipse, Jacob and Bella are standing in her kitchen talking about imprinting. Jacob is standing there holding his breath staring at her hardly. Like he is trying to imprint on her. Jacob did say in the book that the pack was imprinting at different times from another. Does he imprint on Bella in Breaking Dawn? Uh ohhhhhhh. I dunno, it's anyone's game.

message 10: by Eleven (new)

Eleven Listen to me, and listen close.

Midsummer isn't just about people going around liking everyone else around them. There's a cast of characters that get mixed up in a very specific way:

Lysander, who is in love with Hermia, runs off to get married to her. Based on this, we can assume that Lysander is "played" by Edward.

Hermia would of course be Bella, and she loves Lysander back. Her love never falters through the whole show, guys!

Demetrius is a young man in love with Hermia and goes to persue her. This must be Jacob.

Helena is a woman in love with Demetrius, and who knows who that is yet? (I'm rather hoping Stephenie adds another layer to this story, and makes the vamp skank (name escapes me right now) into the Helena character)

THIS IS HOW IS GOES DOWN. The fairies get involved and force both Lysander and Demetrius to fall in love with Helena, who rejects them thinking that they are mocking her. Basic chaos breaks out at that point, because Hermia is understandably hurt and everyone is mad at everyone else. It's only a matter of time, however, that Puck straightens everything out, and Lysander ends up with Hermia and Demetrius ends up with Helena, and it all ends neatly and happily.

So I wouldn't be worried. Except that Edward might get a *little* distracted by vamp skank - but I have confidence that there will be a good reason for that, if it happens.

message 11: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Hmm...what if Helena was Tanya the vampire? Edward might get distracted by her...

But wait no, that would be weird for a vampire to fall in love with a werewolf...so I think that maybe Helena will be Leah...but then why would Edward get distracted by a werewolf? It's won't work either way, if it's vampire OR werewolf! Unless inter-mixted relationships are okay...

message 12: by Eleven (new)

Eleven Well, when Meyer was answering questions about BD, there was one that said

"Can a werewolf imprint on a vampire?"

and she said that she didn't want to ruin anything from BD... so I figure Jacob is going to HAVE to imprint on a vampire, and Tanya is a perfect candidate as far as I'm concerned! It would wrap everything up so neatly.

message 13: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Oooh!! Yeah!!

You know, I think that Edward DID have a fling with Tanya, despite what he told Bella. Because when Bella asked him, he wouldn't look her in the eye when he said no, and he went all silent and evasive...

What if Edward still has tiny feelings for Tanya?

Heck, what if Edward left Bella for Tanya?

No, that's going to far...I don't think he would. But I still think he has feelings for her.

And obviously he's going to see her in BD:

Tanya: Ah, Edward, how I've missed you!

That was a quote taken directly from BD. So...I sense a major Bella jealous scene coming on!

message 14: by Eleven (new)

Eleven I wouldn't be surprised if Edward had a fling with her - I mean, as much as we love him for being an immortal gentleman, the guy could have been pretty lonely at one time, and although he probably wasn't/isn't crazy in love with her or anything, it's possible he could have shared a closeness with Tanya. I don't think I could blame him. Bella wasn't even born yet, probably!

message 15: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Yeah. And from what we hear, Tanya is really pretty...

But what if he still has feelings towards her? Do you think that could be possible?

Does he still think of her sometimes?

message 16: by Eleven (new)

Eleven Sure, if they were involved. I mean, why wouldn't it be just like any other involvement... I mean, when you're reminded of your ex, you think about good memories, even though you wouldn't be caught dead with them again, you know?

message 17: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) Well in the book, Edward didn't say that they had ever dated he actually said that Tanya showed some interet and he politely and courteously told her he wasn't interested. BUT he could have not given Bella the whole story (he was reluctant to talk about it in the first place) but I don't think that he would do that to Bella. He has been able to be with Tanya for decades and he hasn't so why start now??

message 18: by Melgado (new)

Melgado | 10 comments Ohhh, I wonder about Tanya being Helena. That whole idea Eleven would make sense. I mean it could happen. Jacob imprinting on Bella would be too obvious.

message 19: by Lulliannie (new)

Lulliannie (lullisbooks) Although I think that Bella will be jealous of Tanya, and that Tanya will make a move on Edward, I don't think Edward was ever or will ever be involved with her.

message 20: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) I agree.

message 21: by Lulliannie (new)

Lulliannie (lullisbooks) Thank you

message 22: by Armina (new)

Armina Ya, I don't know...anything could happen... I think that Edward might have had something with Tanya before, but not anymore. And I'm positive that Jacob with HAVE to imprint on someone at one point in BD. It might be Tanya. But, Edward won't do anything to hurt Bella. I think that Bella and Edward WILL get married. So, no worries. But there's always a doubt that that might not happen. I can't wait until BD!!!!! 14 more days!!! ahhhhh!!!!!!!

message 23: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) That would be really weird if Jacob inprinted on Tanya. They're mortal enemies who think that each other stink like heck. I think it might be funny but either way I hope it all works out in the end.

message 24: by Lulliannie (new)

Lulliannie (lullisbooks) If Jacob were to imprint on a vampire, it would be hilarious! Her smell would trigger the need to kill and the need to love and adore at the same time, that's something I really want to see but from Paul not Jacob!

message 25: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) Why Paul?? Yeah I agree that it would be better if Jacob weren't in her world after she turns vampire, I think it would be a constant reminder that she hurt him. It should be a clean break and Jacob should imprint on Angela :)

message 26: by Lulliannie (new)

Lulliannie (lullisbooks) Because Paul is the one with the shortest temper, and the smell of a vampire probably makes him phase, so it would be hilarious if he tried to make a relationship with a vampire work while having to deal with his temper and hate for them.

message 27: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) Yeah that's true, it would be pretty funny. But he wouldn't hate her, when they imprint, they would do anything for that other person and love them unconditionally. He may think she stinks though lol

message 28: by Lulliannie (new)

Lulliannie (lullisbooks) Yeah, you're right, he probably wouldn't want to kill her even as a wolf

message 29: by Julie (new)

Julie (onetrooluff) Huzzah to Eleven for her clarification post. :D Midsummer is a great play. I haven't been worried too much about its connection to BD since I know everything does turn out fine in the end of Midsummer. :D

message 30: by Susanne (new)

Susanne I want to thank Eleven for straightening Midsummer out earlier.
I have to be honest, I've given up on the the 'what will happen', 'what about the quotes' kind of thing... the anticipation was killing me... and

there is NOTHING I can do to change the book, I didn't write the book, I'm not gonna get the book until midnight on the 2nd...

I think it's the anticipation that worries us all. We all have our own ideas of how we want the story to turn out.... and Stephenie has written 3 glorious books,(4 if you count The Host) she hasn't let us down yet, I don't think she will with this one either.

message 31: by Armina (new)

Armina I agree, Susanne. I think we're all so anxious about what will happen, but I guess we don't have a reason to be becuase of a few things
1.) Stephenie hasn't let us down yet
2.) A Midsummer Night's Dream turns out good in the end
3.) The author said in a video on the Barnes and Noble Website that the ending she gave the series was the ending she always thought was meant to be.
4.) The last sentence of Eclipse (if you want Bella and Edward to end up together)

message 32: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) I'm sure it will be amazing either way.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe, Jacob does imprint on someone in BD and it makes Bella feel a bit jealous that he actually found someone else....

message 34: by Lulliannie (new)

Lulliannie (lullisbooks) Maybe, but she wouldn't do anything irrational I don't think...

message 35: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) Bella wants Jacob to find someone. She even said she might be jealous but she would also be happy for him.

message 36: by Lulliannie (new)

Lulliannie (lullisbooks) That's right