SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Book-of-the-Month > Jaz Parks - We Love You

Comments Showing 1-50 of 286 (286 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Charlotte (Buried in Books) (last edited Dec 28, 2011 11:28AM) (new)

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 557 comments To celebrate the life of Jennifer Rardin, and the fact that the final Jaz Parks book is due out in June '11, I thought I'd re-read the whole series finishing off with The Deadliest Bite.

Whether you've never read one of her books, or if like me you've read and loved the series - who's with me?

**The length of the Challenge has been Amended to 1 Year**

1st January 2011 to 31st December 2011

Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Jaz Parks, #1) by Jennifer Rardin Another One Bites the Dust (Jaz Parks, #2) by Jennifer Rardin Biting the Bullet by Jennifer Rardin Bitten to Death (Jaz Parks, #4) by Jennifer Rardin One More Bite (Jaz Parks, #5) by Jennifer Rardin Bite Marks (Jaz Parks, #6) by Jennifer Rardin Bitten in Two (Jaz Parks #7) by Jennifer Rardin The Deadliest Bite (Jaz Parks, #8) by Jennifer Rardin

Participants
Kat
Sandra - 8/8 - Complete
AH (From #2) - 7/7 - Complete
Steph (From #2) - 2/7
Vivian - 3/8
Nairabell - withdrawn
Sallie
Amanda - 2/8
Charlotte (Buried In Books) - 5/8
Lory
Regina - 3/8
Michelle - 2/8
Shelleyrae - 1/8
Don - 3/8
Lis - 5/7

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 12, 2011 12:24PM) (new)

I'll join you Charlotte! I've been collecting this series of books for the last 2 or 3 years but never got around to reading any of them, and it just so happens that this was one of the series I was saving to read as a personal challenge for myself in 2011. I guess great minds think a like :) So I'm in!!!!

Jaz Parks-We Love you Challenge
Duration:January 1 2011 to June 30 2011
Goal: Read the Jaz Parks Series for Beginning to End

Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Jaz Parks, #1) by Jennifer Rardin Another One Bites the Dust (Jaz Parks, #2) by Jennifer Rardin Biting the Bullet (Jaz Parks, #3) by Jennifer Rardin Bitten to Death (Jaz Parks, #4) by Jennifer Rardin One More Bite (Jaz Parks, #5) by Jennifer Rardin Bite Marks (Jaz Parks, #6) by Jennifer Rardin Bitten in Two (Jaz Parks, #7) by Jennifer Rardin The Deadliest Bite (Jaz Parks, #8) by Jennifer Rardin

message 3: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23919 comments I'm in Charlotte. I was planning to add her to my buying spree when I heard the terrible news. I've already started gathering her books and should have them all by the start date.

message 4: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments I'll join you. I've read her first book earlier this fall.

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29297 comments I should be able to gather the rest of her books by go day. I've only read book #1 so far. I'm not a re-reader. Would it be okay for me to start with book #2?

message 6: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments I'll also be starting with book 2.

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 557 comments Starting from book 2 is fine.

message 8: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments I'm in! Haven't read the series yet, but looking forward to it :)

message 9: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (last edited Feb 14, 2011 01:10AM) (new)

Sandra | 23919 comments SOS Jaz Parks - We Love You Challenge
January 1 2011 - June 30 2011
1/8 Completed

1. Once Bitten, Twice Shy 14/2/11 ★★★★
2. Another One Bites the Dust
3. Biting the Bullet
4. Bitten to Death
5. One More Bite
6. Bite Marks
7. Bitten in Two
8. The Deadliest Bite

Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Jaz Parks, #1) by Jennifer Rardin

message 10: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Feb 02, 2011 12:18AM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29297 comments Duration: 1/1 - 6/30/11
Read: 1/7
Starting with Book #2

1. Once Bitten, Twice Shy Read 12/2009 4★
2. Another One Bites the Dust Read 2/1/11 3★
3. Biting the Bullet
4. Bitten to Death
5. One More Bite
6. Bite Marks
7. Bitten in Two
8. The Deadliest Bite

message 11: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 634 comments I'm in. I loved the first one, just never got around to reading the others :)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1129 comments Im in - I too read the first one but I wouldnt mind re-reading

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 557 comments Glad to have you, will you both be starting from the first book, or the second?

message 14: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 634 comments I'll most likely start with the first. It's definitely worth a reread :)

message 15: by Amanda A (new)

Amanda A | 812 comments I'd like to join in. I'll be starting with the first book.

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 557 comments Hi Amanda, thanks for joining us.

message 17: by Vivian (last edited Dec 18, 2011 03:00PM) (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments SOS Jaz Parks - We Love You Challenge
1.1.11 - 12.31.11
3 of 8 Completed

1. Once Bitten, Twice Shy 2.6.11 **
2. Another One Bites the Dust 6.22.11 ***
3. Biting the Bullet 12.18.11 ***
4. Bitten to Death
5. One More Bite
6. Bite Marks
7. Bitten in Two
8. The Deadliest Bite

message 18: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments A little side note. If the last book only comes out in June, will we not be prolonging this challenge to let's say August or September so we get a chance to get the book and read it?

message 19: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23919 comments I'm sure we will be AH. Charlotte will probably decide exactly when closer to the end.

message 20: by Charlotte (Buried in Books) (last edited Dec 11, 2010 05:42AM) (new)

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 557 comments Well, The Deadliest Bite is due out on 2nd June. So I thought we'd have enough time to cover it in the 6 months. If the publication date goes back then I was going to re-visit length of the challenge.

But I'm open to suggestions.

message 21: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23919 comments I've preordered it but you know Charlotte, sometimes that doesn't work, and sometimes we get it earlier. I thought perhaps we'd wait closer to the release date and see what happens.

Just a thought.

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 557 comments That's kind of what I was thinking too.

message 23: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23919 comments Glad we're on the same page :)

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 557 comments No problem ;)

message 25: by Charlotte (Buried in Books) (last edited Jan 08, 2011 04:10PM) (new)

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 557 comments SOS - Jazz Parks We Love You
1st January - 30th June 2011

1/8

Once Bitten, Twice Shy - 8th January *****
Another One Bites the Dust
Biting the Bullet
Bitten to Death
One More Bite
Bite Marks
Bitten in Two
The Deadliest Bite

by Jennifer Rardin

1 down, 7 to go.

message 26: by Amanda A (new)

Amanda A | 812 comments SOS Jaz Parks - We Love You Challenge
1/1/11 - 6/30/11
Read: 1/8

1. Once Bitten Twice Shy Finished 1/10/11
2. Another One Bites the Dust
3. Biting the Bullet
4. Bitten to Death
5. One More Bite
6. Bite Marks
7. Bitten in Two
8. The Deadliest Bite

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 557 comments What did you think of the first book Amanda?

message 28: by AH (last edited Mar 15, 2011 02:01PM) (new)

AH | 2271 comments Starting from book 2
4/7 Complete

1. Another One Bites the Dust Complete 1/16/11
2. Biting the Bullet Complete 2/18/11
3. Bitten to Death Complete 3/8/11
4. One More Bite Complete 3/15/11
5. Bite Marks
6. Bitten in Two
7. The Deadliest Bite

message 29: by Amanda A (new)

Amanda A | 812 comments Charlotte (Buried in Books) wrote: "What did you think of the first book Amanda?"

I really enjoyed it and gave it 4 stars. Jaz is hilarious and definitely a kick-ass assassin. I loved her connection with Vayl. It will be intriguing to see what happens with them in the next books.

What did you think of it Charlotte?

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 557 comments I'd forgotten how good the first book was. It's been nearly 2 years since I first read it. I love Jaz's sense of humour and it just gets better and better as you progress through the books.

message 31: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments I like her cast of characters. Bergman reminds me of the geeky guy from Alias.

message 32: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments AH wrote: "I like her cast of characters. Bergman reminds me of the geeky guy from Alias."

LOL! I can totally see that.

message 33: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 634 comments Sorry but I'm going to have to drop out of this one. I'm not buying any books this year and our library seem to have lost chunks of the series. Grrrrr! Sorry guys :(

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 557 comments Sorry to hear that Nairabell.

message 35: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 634 comments Next time I go 'of course I can go a whole year without buying any books' I'll say it after I've brought everything on my wishlist. Doh!

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 557 comments Good luck with that - I managed to make one month last year without buying any. I'm hopelessly addicted though!!

message 37: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 634 comments My main motivation is proving my sister wrong. I'll never hear the end of it if I crack and buy something!

message 38: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Maybe you can borrow from a friend here and there.

message 39: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 634 comments Don't have any friends that have them sadly. I'll definitely read them, but probably not this year. I can just see me buying loads of books on 1/1/12 :)

message 40: by Lory (new)

Lory (moty) | 3 comments Count me in. I got the books in my to be read pile and never got myself to read them, so for me this is going to be a good excuse to finally read them and try a new author.

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 557 comments Hi Lory - welcome!

message 42: by Lory (new)

Lory (moty) | 3 comments Charlotte (Buried in Books) wrote: "Hi Lory - welcome!"

Thank you Charlotte :o) Looking forward to start reading them and sharing impressions with all of you

message 43: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29297 comments Welcome to the group & the challenge, Lory!

I need to get t'readin' this series. I keep forgetting about Jaz. :)

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 557 comments As long as you don't forget about Vayl Steph! He's a steaming hunk of vampirism.... hmmmmmm Vayl..... Definately one of my top five vamps.

message 45: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29297 comments :) Nope, gonna get me some Vayl in Feb.

message 46: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Steph wrote: "I need to get t'readin' this series. I keep forgetting about Jaz. :)"

Ditto that. Soon, I keep telling myself...

message 47: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 02, 2011 10:46AM) (new)

I really need to get my butt in gear and start this series or I'll never get it done by the finish date.I keep putting it off because something else always seems to catch my interst :D I already have several books picked out for Feb I hope I'll be able to fit book 1 in there somewhere!!

Charlotte (Buried in Books) | 557 comments I know what you mean, I don't know where January went!!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Tell me about it i'm still scratching my head and wondering where January went...lol

message 50: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments What if we make this a 1 year challenge. I think it was originally planned to be a 12 month challenge. I know I will have a better chance at finishing.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6