Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > Women, what is one thing that turns you off about a man

Comments Showing 1-50 of 135 (135 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Mary JL (new)

Mary JL (maryjl) | 250 comments A companion thread to the current one for the guys. Turnabout if fair play.

One real turn of for me is a man who swears constantly. I swear sometimes, but over and over and over drives me nuts!

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori Long dirty finger nails.

message 3: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments I really dislike nasty people in general, but men who are jerks ranks up there as a major turn off.

Also, why are men waxing their eyebrows lately??? Ok, so that may be a shallow thing, but it's odd to me!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24357 comments Mod
A man on public transportation who doesn't immediately get up and offer his seat to someone over the age of 60, or a pregnant woman, or a woman carrying a baby or child.

message 5: by Jan (new)

Jan | 241 comments Being a hypocrite.

message 6: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) guys who don't know how to use a power tool!

message 7: by Lori (last edited Oct 08, 2010 08:32PM) (new)

Lori HAHAHA then you would be turned off by my husband, he may know how to use a power tool but he doesn't
, unfortunately you're much too old for my son who loves them. :)
I'm actually the one who uses the power tools!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Men that think there's a point when it's okay to be way too casual about gas.

I'm not talking about when one slips out, I'm talking about the men that all of a sudden hit a point in the relationship where they think it's okay to be flagrant about it with no apologies.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Nose hair, ear hair, shoulder hair.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) BACK & CHEST hair. Chest hair is okay if it's just a little, but rugs...ewwww.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I actually read some sort of random article a few years back that said men with more body hair have higher confidence levels due to the amount of testosterone in their bodies. Could there be any truth to this? I hate to take anything at face value.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Google says that scientists can't even agree on whether high testosterone levels cause increased aggression.

"What do scientists know for certain? They know that testosterone is the cause of key developmental differences between male and female human fetuses. After that, what exactly it does in and to people is a mystery...."

message 13: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart 1) Dirty nails.
2) Having the attitude of "I know everything about everything, therefore you should trust that my opinion is THE opinion to have about anything"
3) Not respecting me as a person with ideas, opinions, feelings. Yes, I like to touch myself. THAT IS NOT THE ONLY TOPIC OF CONVERSATION.
4) Lying to me. Asshole.

message 14: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) No.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) That's the thing...I'm not opposed to a hairy chest completely. I just can't hang with a man who has a rug on his body.

message 16: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Long fingernails. Dudes don't have long fingernails! Are you trying to be scary, or does it help with your coke habit? Because, it just makes you look ungroomed, you dirty bird. Cut the NAILS! Ack!

And, girl hands. My husband is a programmer type guy, ones and zeros, but he still has strong man hands. My ex had girl hands, all smooth and girly with not a callus to be found. Yuck.

message 17: by Meels (last edited Oct 11, 2010 02:47PM) (new)

Meels (amelia) Oh, and there are a rare few of you who can pull off - The Ponytail- so be careful, because you're probably not one of them.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Kevin could pull off the ponytail.

message 19: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Maybe, but he does bald very well so why chance it?

message 20: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Fat hands with short, stumpy fingers are a huge turnoff for me.

message 21: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Oct 11, 2010 02:52PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Someone rocking an 80's mustache with no goatee or other facial hair. There are only a few people that can pull this off, and most likely they were one of the people actually on an 80's tv show.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) White shoes, dark socks.

Socks with sandals.

Gah...these are all superficial. I need to think of character traits.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Men that have no spine or confidence. I don't like an abundance of arrogance, but playful cockiness...huge turn-on.

message 24: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Fat guys who won't date a girl with a few extra pounds...kills me EVERY time!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Deep cleft chins. They look like butts. A small cleft is fine, but I don't like a chin to look like it's split in half.

message 26: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) | 384 comments A bad personality. Granted, that's open ended as a myriad of things could make for a bad personality, but the truth is, I would date someone with all the things I normally find physically unattractive if the man in question could make me laugh. Well, on second thought, I’d have to vote no to a mustache, no amount of funny can eradicate that…

message 27: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Smokers.

message 28: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Men who wear corduroy pants that are so loose and baggy they look like sweat pants. Larry David, I'm looking at you...

message 29: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Oct 11, 2010 02:58PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Even after everything I've said, there have been a few guys that I've dated in the past that would never have been my type physically, but because they were just so darn easy to connect with I was able to see just how great they were.

Looks are great, but personality really does speak volumes.

message 30: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I was always adamantly anti-facial hair of any kind, except maybe a tasteful soul patch...gotta dig the soul patch. I was firmly of the opinion (and still am really) that facial hair was only good for guys who were severely pock marked from acne or something and were better off covering it up.

Then, I met Honey. I think he looks a million times more handsome without the beard & mustache, but, he loves it and I love him, so...

message 31: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Oct 11, 2010 03:00PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Some people really do look better with the facial hair. It's completely random who does or doesn't look good with it.

I just can't do the solo mustache thing. At least do a small goatee with it.

message 32: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Stacia (ridiculously repetitive) wrote: "Men that have no spine or confidence. I don't like an abundance of arrogance, but playful cockiness...huge turn-on."

I have a huge, playful. . .

Oh, hang on. I've just self-censored.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Love it.

message 34: by Lori (new)

Lori Heh, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one turned off by long fingernails.

Really the only physical characteristics that impact me are the things that are a reflection of the guy's character. Ya know, smelly, bad breath, dirty, fingernails, etc. The other stuff they can't help. And while it's true I don't like rugs on bodies, I guess if the guy was great in every other regard I'd learn to like it.

Soooo, turn-offs: sexist, egomaniacs who can't listen, takers with no giving, rude, arrogant, bully, selfish, etc. The things that would turn me off anyone, male or female.

message 35: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (bonfiggi) Bodies in the freezer.

message 36: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I don't like tattoos.

message 37: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Yes, I would have to add "Bodies in the freezer" as well. That would DEFINITELY turn me off. Thanks, Joanne.

message 38: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments what about body parts?

message 39: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (bonfiggi) Yes, Amelia, and imagine bodies in the freezer, and hairy shoulders.
A real turn off for me, is a bad temper.

message 40: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Indecisive...that is so annoying and annoying is a turn off.

Yes, and body parts in the freezer as well, Kev. They do not need to be whole to turn me off.

message 41: by Sarah (last edited Oct 12, 2010 10:22AM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Meat and two veg? I've never heard that phrase.

I clearly don't belong in this thread. Too much hair.

message 42: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments I'd be afraid to shave the sac; too many wrinkles.

message 43: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Yes, but we can go longer without any one noticing...unless it's summer...or we get frisky.

message 44: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Oh, that. Itchy...

message 45: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Shaving my pubic area TAKES SO MUCH TIME. And even then I don't get everything.

message 46: by Kevin (last edited Oct 12, 2010 11:26AM) (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments garcon? check please!

message 47: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "garcon? check please!"

And pass the Emetrol.

message 48: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Time-shmime....razor rash!!!!!!!!

message 49: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Nothing cuter than a girl walking around scratching at her crotch!

How come that's almost acceptable for guys, but for us it's in no way okay?

message 50: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) What's Emetrol?

« previous 1 3