The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Fun & Games > ZYX Mystery

Comments Showing 1-50 of 195 (195 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Carol (last edited Oct 08, 2010 02:35PM) (new)

Carol Neman | 81 comments I hope it's OK with you guys if I make this a little harder this time...the last one was a blast!

I will repeat the rules for newcomers...Anyone can add to the story, but it must be only one sentence at a time...and this time instead of following the alphabet forward, we're following it backward, starting with Z...to advance the plot!

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman | 81 comments <"ZEPPELINS> are disappearing as they're being led up the Stairway to Heaven!" cried the Queen, running across the open courtyard and glancing at the new chronograph on her wrist, which matched her bustled Victorian gown.

message 3: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments "Yes, your Highness", intoned Head Butler Bertram, "I'll summon the Knights in White Satin to guard the remaining zeppoles, er zeppelins, and request that Scotland Yard please put down the single malts and begin the investigation to apprehend the culprits, with your permission of course."

message 4: by Kaye (last edited Oct 10, 2010 12:24PM) (new)

Kaye (momgee) | 136 comments "X-ray all the Knights now," screeched Chief Inspector Yerbusted, "as I know one of them is a traitor hiding contraband somewhere on his person!"

message 5: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments "White satin, my fanny,", muttered Head Dresser Dorcas, "more like GRAY satin, and those zeppelins - who's the dufus that paid for lead zeppelins that can't get off the ground and have to be led up the Stairway?"

message 6: by Alex (new)

Alex | 18 comments "Very critical, I see," said the Queen under her breath.

message 7: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 1358 comments Quick question, Carol. Are we also to work backward from the end of the story to the beginning?

message 8: by Carol (last edited Oct 11, 2010 06:09AM) (new)

Carol Neman | 81 comments Maybe another time, after we get used to this one...then maybe doubling back or criss-crossing...the possibilities are endless (she says ecstatically)...but for now, just reversing the alphabet is enough. I only have access to my work computer, so it was very heartening to see the progress over the weekend...we are so creative aren't we?? I'm going to have to invite my friends to see this...Yerbusted? Oh, that's a good one. I had kind of envisioned a Musical Mystery Tour...but I was in a hurry and forgot to tell you that so I won't make it a rule. Can't wait to see how this turns out...

message 9: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments Under the boardwalk, down by the sea, the Knights in White Satin stood watch over the remaining lead zeppelins.

message 10: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 1358 comments "There must be a method in this madness of the disappearing zeppelins," cried the Queen, "and I command MI5 (or is it 6?) to find the clues!"

message 11: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 51 comments "Surely Ma'am, it must be the great and terrifying Dr. Flugsteinzer," the littlest of the Knights squeaked at her feet, "the one who pilfered the propellers from the propaganda planes of Purple Pass."

message 12: by Carol (last edited Oct 13, 2010 01:30PM) (new)

Carol Neman | 81 comments Registering surprise as the obvious truth dawned on her, the Queen gasped in a whisper "The zeppelins were faked by Dr. Flugsteinzer and that's why they won't float, stay visible, or come when I call them."

message 13: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments "Queenie, babe, we are the champions, no time for losers, cuz we are the champions of the world," chortled Dr. Flugsteinzer with his band of merry Flugs.

message 14: by Carol (last edited Oct 14, 2010 09:46AM) (new)

Carol Neman | 81 comments Pivoting as she heard Flugsteinzer's voice, the Queen urged the Knights and Inspector Yerbusted to the last tethered Zeppelin, leaving Head Dresser Dorcas and Head Butler Bertram to foil the menacing marauders.

message 15: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 1358 comments "Once we're in the air," cried the Queen, "we're heading for a safe haven!"

message 16: by Alex (new)

Alex | 18 comments "No, Dr. Flugsteinzer has an army of fillywigs up in the air!" cried Inspector Yerbusted.

message 17: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments "MacArthur's Park is where the old zeppelins are parked and those can still fly and are impervious to those silly fillywigs, unlike Dr Flugsteinzer's faked leaded zeppelins!" squeaked White Satin Knight Pip.

message 18: by Kaye (new)

Kaye (momgee) | 136 comments "Let me think, let me think," hissed the Queen, "there has to be a perfect solution without so much danger".

message 19: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments Kicking it up a notch, an increased rate of "BAM!" echoed through the courtyard as the Knights were slammed into x-ray machines in search of contraband, but alas, no clues were found.

message 20: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 1358 comments Just as things were looking grim, there appeared on the horizon a great cloud of dust.

message 21: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments "Icicles, I'll direct my icicles to neutralize those Flug-folks, for I'm not the Ice Queen for nothing!" vowed the Queen.

message 22: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 1358 comments "Hurry to the zeppelin before the storm gets here," shouted the Queen.

message 23: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments "Great balls of fire, Flugs, we'll combat those icicles with great balls of fire from the zeppelins we've already gotten up the Stairway to Heaven!" teeheed Dr. Flugsteinzer.

message 24: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 1358 comments Frustrated, the Queen cried, "I'm not sure where to go from here!"

message 25: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments "Eleanor Rigby picks up the rice in the church where a wedding has been," croons Pip, after suddenly recalling the spell that the Flugs fall under when hearing the lyrics, as he overheard in the restroom late one night.

message 26: by Kaye (new)

Kaye (momgee) | 136 comments "Damn good crooning job, Pip," says Inspector Yerbusted, as he starts to round up all the mesmerized Flugs.

message 27: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments

Still at "C"....

message 28: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments Corraled and in custody, the Flugs are interrogated for the reason for attempting to abscond with the zeppelins.

message 29: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman | 81 comments (Good one T...I willl put on my thinking cap tonight and try to come up with a good clincher...)

message 30: by Carol (last edited Nov 18, 2010 09:04AM) (new)

Carol Neman | 81 comments “Birthday party for your 102nd…surprise!...in the temporary housing complex made of zeppelins at the top of the Stairway to Heaven…everyone’s coming…and now you’ve spoiled the surprise”, gasped Dr. Flugsteinzer, as all the young Flugs started to cry.

message 31: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments "Asparagus poop!", exclaimed the Queen, "well, let's get on with the party then since we know by my racing heart that I'm still alive and kicking!".

message 32: by Carol (last edited Nov 18, 2010 02:55PM) (new)

Carol Neman | 81 comments T...I was going to start the 'A' with..."Aw, shucks..." but you scooped me! So now you're up to continue...either ZYX, or some other incarnation...Scout is doing the honors for ABC...I was hoping to be able to think of an ending a little more glorious, to match some of the earlier contributions, but altogether it did turn out nicely.

message 33: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments I liked the musical theme, but perhaps no one else did....YIKES! Or maybe it was me being too corny and scared everyone else away! :-)

Okay, let's try this:
* Story starts with "Z" and story ends with "A".
* One line per entry, beginning with the next letter in the reverse alphabet progression.
* Food-related theme as you wish.

Zabaglione dripped over the corpse as the gray and white kitten dubbed Beaker considered swiping a lick.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry to interject, but I just had a great laugh over asparagus poop!!

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 18, 2010 03:37PM) (new)

"Yikes!" said the cook, wondering what to do now that her dessert course was ruined.

message 36: by T (new)

message 37: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman | 81 comments

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for the welcome. I guess I borrowed Yikes from T's earlier comment. These things are fun, but hard to do. :)

message 39: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments "Xanax, I need my Xanax, we all need my Xanax!" Bambi said to Beaker.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"We'll run out to the barn and fetch him for you; he's just finishing the haying!", said the scullery maid, scurrying to the door with Beaker.

message 41: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments "Venison for dinner is just about cannibalistic for me but with Lardeau here dead, I guess that's no longer an issue, but I was so looking forward to dessert," bemoaned Bambi.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

message 43: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments Up at the front of the house, the ME, technicians and homicide detective were gathering.

message 44: by Jill (new)

Jill Hutchinson (bucs1960) "Take Beaker away, he is contaminating the murder scene with his gluttony for zabaglione" shouted Bambi.

message 45: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments "So, let me get this straight, Ms Boyardee, this Lardeau person just ran into your kitchen and collapsed, knocking over the bowl of zabaglione and gasped 'fruit loops' before he expired?", queried Detective Alton Brown.

message 46: by Jill (new)

Jill Hutchinson (bucs1960) "Right you are,Detective although I'm not sure if Lardeau said 'fruit loops' or 'foot loose'" replied Ms. Boyardee.

message 47: by Carol (last edited Dec 17, 2010 03:40PM) (new)

Carol Neman | 81 comments Quickly Xanax burst into the kitchen, sneezing and huffing due to his occupational hazard of hay fever, followed by the scullery maid Mulder and Beaker the kitten, where Detective Brown was questioning Bambi Boyardee about Chef Lardeau's presence on the kitchen floor.

message 48: by T (new)

message 49: by T (new)

T (twoo) | 18420 comments Peeking from Lardeau's expired head was his multi-colored tongue, lending itself to the "fruit loops" reference.

message 50: by Jill (last edited Dec 18, 2010 11:16AM) (new)

Jill Hutchinson (bucs1960) "Obviously I missed that protruding tongue which verifies those final words but why is it so colorful?" inquired Ms. Boyardee anxiously.

« previous 1 3 4