Harry Potter discussion

Books > which is your favorite book?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 490 (490 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura (laxgirl1397) my favorite is deathly hallows... curious to see what other people think

message 2: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciaftw) Order of the Phoenix, for me.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (laxgirl1397) yea that's my 2nd favorite..

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "my favorite is deathly hallows... curious to see what other people think"

High five!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Either DH or OoP. I'm currently re-reading OoP.

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (laxgirl1397) lol shae..
least favorite?

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura (laxgirl1397) i love all the books really... i want to re-read the series..

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "lol shae..
least favorite?"

Probably the Goblet of Fire. A tad confusing, really odd and slightly boring, in my mind.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Shae (Ron Fanatic!!!!!) wrote: "Laura wrote: "lol shae..
least favorite?"

Probably the Goblet of Fire. A tad confusing, really odd and slightly boring, in my mind."

I sort of felt that way too. Even with all of the "excitement" going on...

message 10: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciaftw) Shae (Ron Fanatic!!!!!) wrote: "Laura wrote: "lol shae..
least favorite?"

Probably the Goblet of Fire. A tad confusing, really odd and slightly boring, in my mind."

When I first read Goblet of Fire, right when it came out, I didn't really care for it. I thought the first three were better, honestly. I wasn't even ten yet, and I don't think I appreciated it fully for some reason. I love it now.

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura (laxgirl1397) ya i thnk that one was my least favorite.. it was kind of cunfusing

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 48 comments Deathly Hallows is my favorite--such spectacular action, the emotional resolution was perfect, and... RON AND HERMIONE GET TOGETHER!!!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL! One of the best parts!

message 14: by Abi (new)

Abi Lou | 184 comments I love reading the first one and seeing how it all started.

message 15: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Draganov (darthsparhawk) Deathly Hallows by a mile.

message 16: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Draganov (darthsparhawk) I love the Goblet, 2nd favorite to me, but the Deathly Hallows pwns all.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 105 comments Death Hallows but HBP comes in at a close second. :)

message 18: by dummydums (new)

dummydums | 6 comments Isaac wrote: "So I take it I'm alone on the goblet of fire?"
No you're not ^_^ my favorite's Goblet of Fire as well. I love it because I think it is the only one of the Harry Potter books that has got a lot of characters involved. I mean, we get introduced to the Beauxbatons and the Durmstrang, as well as Mad-Eye, Bartimaus (spelling?) Crouch and son, among others.

Of course, the other main reasons why I like Goblet of Fire is that it contains:
1- The Triwizard Tournament (wow)
2- Quidditch World Cup (COME ON!!!)

Second best goes to Deathly Hallows. I like Order of the Phoenix because of the department of mysteries being vaguely mentioned...

message 19: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments I love them all for different reasons.

SOS- How it all started.
COS- So much foreshadowing here. This book really becomes important later on.
POA- The only one with a slightly happy ending. i.e. nobody dies ect.
GOF- A nice change from the routine of Hogwarts. Freshened the whole series up, and I loved all the new chracters that show up later.
OOTP- Secrets, taking down an evil witch, dissing Cho Chang, and an epic end, even if it was sad. Almost perfection if Harry hadn't been so pubescent.
HBP- I loved the Snape-ness of it all, who showed up very little in OOTP
DH - Perfection in a book.

message 20: by Vicki (new)

Vicki G (emtp513) | 59 comments That's an awfully hard question to answer, but I still have to say The Chamber Of Secrets was my favorite. The thing w/ the flying car was hilarious, and Ron's broken wand too.
The movie was also funny. I've watched it twice.
I think Book 6 was my least favorite when I didn't know about Snape being on the side of good. When I didn't know, I really hated him for killing Dumbledore and being what I thought of as a traitor.
Talk about getting the shock of a lifetime in Book 7. You could have knocked me over w/ a feather.
I was stunned.

message 21: by Ahlaam (new)

Ahlaam | 86 comments My favourite is Prisoner of Azkaban. That's the book they introduced my favourite characters; Remus, Sirius and James. It's also one of the darker books.

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah25ahmed) | 75 comments My two favorites are Prisoner Of Azkaban and Deathly Hallows. I just love they fit in perfectly! My favorite part of the 3rd book is when Lupin is explaining their story. that part was epic. and for the 7th book, well the book book pretty much was my favorite part!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

In the Deathly Hallows, the adventure seems more real and out there, compared to being stuck inside a school.

message 24: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (brlemon) My favorite book in the first reading was Goblet of Fire....so much action that was non-stop....so much new imaginary scenery that it presented.

I have read all of the books over and over and I still have to say that it still is one of the best in the series for me.

message 25: by Taneka (new)

Taneka (ninatravis) I loved Goblet of Fire. It was my favorite. I also favored Prisoner of Azkaban.

message 26: by Christa (new)

Christa (lexaslove) I definitely loved the Order of the Phoenix. It really showcased the complexity of the Wizarding World, and how corrupt the Ministry really is.

message 27: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariathebooknerd) I can't actually point which one is my favorite.. I guess all books from the series is my favorite of all books I have read.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Irish wrote: "I can't actually point which one is my favorite.. I guess all books from the series is my favorite of all books I have read."

Oooh, that's a god one. I don't think anyone else has ever said that. I agree, but I have to say I liked DH and OoP a LITTLE more than the rest.

message 29: by Foxears (new)

Foxears | 30 comments I love all books very much... but my favorite is CoS, that's why I collect it in all languages I've studied. So far I have simplified chinese (which I've read half a page from so far) and latin. I'll try to get my hands on a spannish one soon.

My goal is to have all of them in english (the brittish version of course) as well. The swedish one's I've already got, even though I havn't read the last one in swedish yet... It's better in the original language.

Least favorite is PoA. I remember that book as slightly boring compared to the others.

message 30: by Mr.Jamie (new)

Mr.Jamie (mrjamie) | 3 comments My favorite book was the Half Blood Prince. The Deathly Hallows follows a close second.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Half Blood Prince and Prisoner of Azkaban. But i love all of them!

message 32: by Trisha (new)

Trisha (georgiapeach8355) | 7 comments Currently re-reading the series, and on Goblet of Fire. When you re-read them, you find information you missed the first go-around. So far, I would have to say that Goblet of Fire is my favorite.

message 33: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess Its hard to find a favorite, though each is better then the last.
I must say, I particularly enjoyed number 5, 6 and 7. Though 4 is right up there with the best as well.
Its to hard to find a favorite.

message 34: by Matthew (new)

Matthew  | 1 comments Deathly Hallows for me.

message 35: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kmerch) I hate having to choose, but I'll go with Goblet of Fire & Deathly Hallows.

message 36: by Megan (new)

Megan (itsmegan) Either Half Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows.

message 37: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilayee) | 7 comments I can't really choose! I love them all!

message 38: by Mette (new)

Mette  (mettalie) | 3 comments Deathly Hallows is my favourite.

message 39: by Denis (new)

Denis (crnisokol) Order of The Phoenix

message 40: by Liarbyrd (new)

Liarbyrd Hensley-Cohen | 1 comments Chamber of Secrets. Originally, I just enjoyed the straight forward mystery and the atmosphere. Now, having read the entire series, I'm really delighted by all the foreshadowing set in motion in CoS.

message 41: by Sayshisweetie (new)

Sayshisweetie | 123 comments I love all of them! Sometimes i feel like i don't like a book as much, then i read it and it totally draws me in and i can' let the book go! :)

message 42: by Sayshisweetie (new)

Sayshisweetie | 123 comments Taamy wrote: "Isaac wrote: "So I take it I'm alone on the goblet of fire?"
No you're not ^_^ my favorite's Goblet of Fire as well. I love it because I think it is the only one of the Harry Potter books that has..."

I love it too! For all those reasons!! But the other books are awesme too!!!! :)

message 43: by Simms (new)

Simms Molly (simmsmolly) | 174 comments Order of the Pheonix <3<3

message 44: by Vicki (new)

Vicki G (emtp513) | 59 comments I like the movie, Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.

Angelica Watson (psst! amrutha) | 11 comments Me too! It was my fav harry potter movie.

My fav book is - HP and the half-blood prince.

message 46: by Sayshisweetie (new)

Sayshisweetie | 123 comments I thought the third movie was pretty good

message 47: by Tierra (new)

Tierra | 6 comments I really enjoyed the Prisoner of Azkaban.....the movie was horrid but the book was great! And of course The deathly hallows was amazing!

message 48: by Sayshisweetie (new)

Sayshisweetie | 123 comments do you think any of the movies are better than the books and vice versa? Or do you think they're both pretty good?

message 49: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (thebiracialbookdragon) | 42 comments 1. POA
2. DH
3. COS/GOF
4. HBP
5. OOTP

message 50: by Denis (new)

Denis (crnisokol) Books:
1. Order of The Phoenix
2. Prisoner of Azkaban
3. Goblet of Fire
4. Half-Blood Prince