Southern California Readers discussion

Welcome

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:05AM) (new)

Karen Germain I decided to start this board to see if I could get in touch with other local readers. Maybe eventually meet up or start a book club...

message 2: by Heather (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:14AM) (new)

Heather | 1 comments Great idea Karen! I moved down here from the Bay Area about a year ago, leaving a fantastic book club. I tried to start one down here with little success. Have books, will travel!

message 3: by Karen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:15AM) (new)

Karen Germain Where are you located? I am in Pasadena and would love to get a book club going. If you are close and interested, let me know!

message 4: by Cobradawn (new)

Cobradawn | 5 comments Hi Heather!

What area are you in? I'm in Reseda, and Karenlea is in Pasadena... we, too have books, will travel!

If you're sitl interested in a live bookclub- let us know- we're brewing up some big plans!
This isn't limited to just members registered on goodreads, by the way!

message 5: by Luke (new)

Luke | 1 comments I'd be interested in a book club too. I'm in burbank, well I work here anyway. It'd be great to get something going.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hello, new here;

I am a So-Cal author (traditional, not self-pub). I used to write non-fiction (great little history stories for the late-great FEDCO "Reporter" and was a columnist (Ask Auntie Fannie, a spoof column for the late-Old California Gazette). I have two non-fic books "Southern California Miscellany" and "California Pioneers". I switched to fiction (Ha!, and I said I would never do that!) to continue to write about Calif history by weaving apsects of actual history into a cozy paranormal mystery series.

The lead character is a young woman: Shannon Delaney and the setting is always in So-Cal.

Book 1: A Ghost of a Chance came out in e-book last August as is now in paperback. It is set in San Diego. The cover pic on this book is a fantastic Victorian mansion in Redlands, CA called the Morey Mansion, I have a link to it on my web site.

Book 2: A Ghost From the Shadows will come out in e-book this January 2009 and it is set in Catalina Island. There is a sneak peek of its cover on my web site.

Book 3, which I have just begun to write is set in Julian.

There lots more info on my web site, including reviews and an excerpt.

In true 'cozy' fashion this series is character driven and okay for all family members.

Please stop by my web site to say hello:
www.ElizabethEaganCox.net

Anyone here from Redlands? ... I belong to the Redlads-based D.A.R., though I live in the San Bernardino Mtns.

E E-C

message 7: by rivka (new)

rivka Hi, Elizabeth! Welcome to GoodReads.

Please let the PTB know that you're you.

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Okay... Rivka, what is the PTB?

message 9: by rivka (new)

rivka Sorry! Powers That Be.

(I am a fan of TLAs. ;) )