Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > Men, what's one thing about a woman that turns you off?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 130 (130 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Scout (last edited Oct 07, 2010 11:29PM) (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3447 comments What's one thing about a woman that turns you off?

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Rudeness to service staff on a first date kills the deal. I don't care if you're a supermodel. Don't be a bitch.

message 3: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Oct 08, 2010 05:25AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Petty, catty, competitiveness and/or pretentiousness when it comes to material possessions. When anyone - man or woman - launches into an insufferable brag session or rant about the Harley/flat-screen TV/kitchen or bathroom remodel/boat/snowmobile/SUV they just bought, my eyes glaze over and then I ask, "Is it paid for?" because let's face it: ANYBODY can get in debt.

You can't take it with you. That's why there are no luggage racks on a hearse.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Men only?

message 5: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sarah Pi wrote: "Men only?"

Go, Sarah.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Women who put down other women or themselves.

Women (ok, and men) who choose to completely ignore the world outside of their own personal bubble.

Women who get irresponsibly drunk in unsafe situations, requiring everyone around them to take care of them.

Long fingernails.

message 7: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "Long fingernails."

My eyes, my eyes...

message 8: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Reminds me of a sloth.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments My 9th grade music teacher looked just like that sloth. Same haircut, and he only wore gray sweaters (and pants! and pants!).

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) RandomAnthony wrote: "Rudeness to service staff on a first date kills the deal. I don't care if you're a supermodel. Don't be a bitch."

I know someone like this and feel like I am stuck having to say extra "thank yous" to the wait staff to compensate.

message 11: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Lack of an opinion about anything. I like to discuss things and argue about stuff. Can't stand Mary Milquetoast.

Oh... and big hair. Ick.

message 12: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Freyermuth (beingjoy) | 15 comments Talking only about herself and not interested in the man. I may be old-school but I think it's true that men like a woman who listens to him talk about his likes and dislikes, even work.

message 13: by Lori (new)

Lori Lots and lots of loud inane giggling.

message 14: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24360 comments Mod
Do sloths always look so happy?

message 15: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Do sloths always look so happy?"

Such are the wages of sloth.

message 16: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

The sloth's center part reminds me of bad 1980 haircuts.

message 17: by Lori (new)

Lori Jonathan wrote: "Lobstergirl wrote: "Do sloths always look so happy?"

Such are the wages of sloth."

I know when I sloth about I'm very happy.

message 18: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Of the 7 deadly sins, sloth is definitely among the more underrated.

message 19: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) saying one thing in front of you and then something entirely different behind my back. if you have something to say to me, say it to my face. also, women (and men for that matter) that act dumb. As in "oh football, is that the one with the pointed ball?" "oh, september...is that the one that comes after August?" being stupid is not attractive. at the same time, being a know-it-all is equally annoying! quiet confidence I say!

message 20: by Arminius (new)

Arminius Tattoos are an instant turn off for me.

On a lesser scale, women who dress like men.

message 21: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Tattoos on anyone are a big turnoff for me.

message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori A guy wearing latest greatest penis and ass enhancement undies: http://gawker.com/5659848/penis-and-a...

message 23: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Yikes! Those look uncomfortable.

message 24: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3447 comments This thread was intended as a forum for men. Look at what happened. Any comments?

message 25: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Boundaries have been transgressed and I feel just as aggrieved as you.

message 26: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Y'all should get over it.

message 27: by Scout (last edited Oct 10, 2010 10:47PM) (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3447 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Boundaries have been transgressed and I feel just as aggrieved as you."

I appreciate the company, Lg.

When I was in the eighth grade, we were studying Dickens, and we had to create on posterboard our idea of the front page of a newspaper of the time. The only one I remember was the one Clayton Blanton did. The headline read, "Things That Shouldn't Be, but Are." I'm sure he has no idea how many times in my life I've thought of that headline.

message 28: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3447 comments Larry, you helped me realize that I made a mistake with this thread. It ticked me off that there was a thread asking women if we'd emasculated men, and men didn't have a thread where they could express themselves, so I started one. Bad idea and ironic because, as a woman, it wasn't my place to do so. Good intentions, bad result. That seems to be a recurring theme in relationships between the sexes. I'll be deleting this thread next time I'm here.

message 29: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Can an entire thread be deleted? That seems maybe a little excessive. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time a thread got off track. That happens in 99.84% of the threads here, I've noticed. We might have to delete them all, actually.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Derailing is unavoidable in discussion forums. It just happens.

message 31: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments smoking, lots of obvious make-up and too much interest in celebrities/media crap

message 32: by Lori (new)

Lori Uh oh, I posted the undies in this wrong thread? Sorry everyone, I meant to put it in the women's thread!

message 33: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments As a teen, I hated the girls who didn't come running to volunteer to get naked and have sex with me.*

*Though those who did that made up for the bad apples.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Arminius wrote: "Tattoos are an instant turn off for me.

On a lesser scale, women who dress like men."

Women who dress like men?

Are we talking Diane Keaton?

Or drag kings?

Or just jeans?

message 35: by Arminius (new)

Arminius Sarah Pi wrote: "Arminius wrote: "Tattoos are an instant turn off for me.

On a lesser scale, women who dress like men."

Women who dress like men?

Are we talking Diane Keaton?

Or drag kings?

Or just jeans?"

Those two fit the bill. As for jeans, I guess it depends on what type of jeans and the fit of them.

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Alas, Arminius, we shall have to diverge on this point.

Also the tattoos. I dig good tattoos. I guess I don't like neck tattoos. Or ones that I don't see how the person could live their whole life with.
Tattoos based on famous art, or really nice trees or birds or animals, or cool portraits? I love any of those.

message 37: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i love tattoos, i just don't love how permanent they are (yes i have one). i have never seen an old person with a cool looking old tattoo. they become green globs. i realize they have supposedly better ink and techniques now but time will tell if your now cool celtic script will be a blue green bruise looking thing in 25 yrs

message 38: by Jonathan (last edited Oct 11, 2010 12:06PM) (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments I admire anyone, man or woman, who can gracefully work the word "alas" into a casual conversation, Sarah.

message 39: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Thank you, Jonathan.

message 40: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I'm waiting until the Cubs win the series to get a Cubs tattoo, until then I will remain tattoo free.

message 41: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments if the cubs ever win the series i will get harry caray's face ink'd on one side of my shaved head and ernie banks' on the other

message 42: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Harry Caray just doesn't resonate Cubs to me, basically because he came over after getting the boot from St. Louis.

I was thinking of a little more subtle tattoo, maybe a whole body tattoo of Wrigley field full of fans in nothing but Cubs jerseys, with the division flags going up one side of my head, and the W flag going up the other.

message 43: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments ::Quickly leaves the sound proof booth I've been watching Michelle from::
:-D

message 44: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments jim, being a chicken doesn't turn women on. get back in here and do what the lady says

message 45: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Well, I couldn't hear her in there, so thought I may as well come out and hear what she had to say.

message 46: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I think you're in the clear, Bullwinkle. Running makes you look guilty, even if you're not.

message 47: by Lee (new)

Lee (LeeTschetter) Women who "act" the frail/helpless female role to get another to do things for them.

message 48: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Michelle wrote: "I hope you put on a kevlar suit first, Jim. It might be dangerous to stand too close to me right now. I'd hate for you to end up as collateral damage."

That makes two of us :)

message 49: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Phil wrote: "Lack of an opinion about anything. I like to discuss things and argue about stuff. Can't stand Mary Milquetoast.

Oh... and big hair. Ick."

Then what the hell are you doing following me? I'm not much of a debater and I've got HUGE hair...if I let it get away from me. I do my best, but there's only so much product in the world.

message 50: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments when did hair junk become simply "product" ?

« previous 1 3