Outlander Series discussion

Archived > Update! Saw Diana on LI tonight!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (booklove83) And I have some interesting factoids to share with you all!

Well, first, it was one of the best author events I have ever been to. She was amazing, really gracious, answered even the dumbest, most Google-able questions (EYEROLL). She did a talk about the Exile, then read an excerpt from Book 8 (which I saw already online, but I'll take it!) and did a Q&A. She also did a signing.

Here's what she said:
1) Book 8 should be out Fall 2012. I know that was already posted on here, but I thought it bore repeating.

2) Her agents ARE in negotiations with whomever purchased the movie/mniseries rights to bring Outlander to the screen in one form or another.

3) The anthology with the story about Roger's parents will be released sometime next month (she said the name but I don't remember it).

It was SOOOOOOO great... made even better by the fact that is was really small, maybe about 50 people. Fantastic night!

message 2: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 957 comments Wow!Only 50 people?? That is the best kind of gathering, when you practically have her to yourself! Thanks for sharing! So glad you got to attend!!

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_b) | 429 comments Wow I can't believe Roger's parents story is already coming out! There sure hasn't been much press about it if it's coming out next month. Does anyone else know what it's going to be called? I can't find anything about it...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

If I remember right, it is a short story called 'A Leaf in the Wind' and is in a book of short stories put together by GRR Martin. If someone else has newer information, I would be glad to hear it.

message 5: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments It's going to be in a book of short stories called Songs of Love and Death: All-Original Tales of Star-Crossed Love - George R. R. Martin. It's available for pre-orders on Amazon.com.

I can't waaaaaait to get it!

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary Swett (goswett) | 8 comments I was at the signing last night as well, and I totally agree with Meaghan it was fantastic. She was funny!!!!! I wanted to invite her to sleep over so we could talk and drink tea...

message 7: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 564 comments Don't we all!! Love to get into her head.

message 8: by Ellen W-S (new)

Ellen W-S | 50 comments My sister in law and I were there too last night. She was very entertaining and it was fun to hear her wit roll off her tongue. It was an intimate setting, I think the Borders guy said he counted 110 people which was great, not crowded at all. Did you ladies get a photo of her. Diana had a picture of her ideal Jamie, but I was so excited when it was our turn to get our book signed that I forgot to see it...will have to ask her to post it on her website. Wish I had known other GR's were going to be there last night, that would have been an added bonus to an already outstanding evening!

message 9: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments I can not believe how envious I am.

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan Wendy wrote: "I can not believe how envious I am."

Me too!

message 11: by Pinda (new)

Pinda | 144 comments Megan aka *Mheghan* wrote: "Wendy wrote: "I can not believe how envious I am."

Me too!"

Me three!

message 12: by Libby (new)

Libby Ford | 4 comments I was there also and she was just wonderful. The picture of her ideal Jamie is of the man who plays Jamie in the musical (I can't remember his name). There was a picture of him in one of her recent blogs when she was talking about it.

message 13: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (booklove83) OMG we could have had a Goodreads reunion party! LOL. I think my funnienst thing was the rhyme she used to wake up the football players... so funny.