My Adventures Through Theology and Beyond discussion

Christianity > Yoga Against Christianity?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

*Mrs. Brightside* Uh..crazy much? I don't know what he's thinking.

message 2: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments ...Fail.

message 3: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Haha yeah "OMG. THEY ARE PAGANS AND IT'S SPOOKY. Except for the part where they're Christians and have no religious attachment to the eastern gods...."

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 336 comments FAIL, I love yoga, are christians against Pilates too (oh wait that was created by a Westerner)

message 5: by Dibily Do (last edited Oct 11, 2010 03:42PM) (new)

Dibily Do I don't really care if people do yoga. Its not for me, a substitute came in for teaching Aikido and she decided to teach us some yoga. The only thing I got out of was being stronger in stretching, aching back, arms, and legs.

message 6: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Which is a positive thing....

message 7: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) Yoga isn't for me but I love martial arts

message 8: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Ooh, which type do you do?

message 9: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do ♥ Rachel♥ wrote: "Which is a positive thing...."

ya

message 10: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 336 comments I used to take Taikwando but it just wasn't my cup of coffee

message 11: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments I want to take a martial arts class, but it's a bit late to start now :P

message 12: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 336 comments martial arts wasn't for me, but if you want to try it there's nothing you can lose from the experience

message 13: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Yeah, but I'd have to pay to take a class...and if I'm no good then it's just wasted money, and I won't be good because it's really a bit late to start at 14...:P

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather (HeatherDStewart) Well if you want to do it, do it now. 14 is better than if you wait until your... 30.

message 15: by Dibily Do (new)

Dibily Do yep, doing a martial art class is a good thing. Stay with it....I have been a Jr. black belt for 3 years now. I can't get my adult black belt until I am 18, and there are no more belts to progress. But I am still keeping with it

message 16: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Meh :P It's not really necessary though. :P And my mom probably wouldn't let me do it anyway.

message 17: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) ♥ Rachel♥ wrote: "Ooh, which type do you do?"

I am in Shotokan Karate

message 18: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Cool :P

message 19: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) Yeah it's lots of fun I have been in it for 4 years.

Sorry I took so long to respond I forgot I ever posted in this topic lol.

message 20: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments lol, that's OK, I forgot too, I was just looking through all the (# new) stuff :P

message 21: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) lol me to.

message 22: by Michael (new)

Michael | 4 comments The Truth About Yoga
Yoga led Laurette Willis into a New Age lifestyle. Now she's warning others of the spiritual pitfalls—and offering an alternative. http://www.kyria.com/topics/spiritual... Yoga and Christianity: Are They Compatible? http://www.probe.org/site/c.fdKEIMNsE...