Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archived - Writers' Lounge > National Novel Writing Month

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 387 comments Anyone else attempting NaNoWriMo this year? If so, we can form a little support group! I've tried a couple of times, but I usually start off strong and then start slacking off in the middle of the month. I could use someone to keep me in line. LOL.

If you're interested, there is also a LiveJournal group for it called WriMo Buddies.

message 2: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 766 comments I've done nano for the past two years; will probably do it again this year. I do the same thing - in the beginning I'm all gung ho and into it. It gets harder to keep motivating after mid-month.

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i'm debating doing it...I did it last year and finished...but my writing muse apparently decided to take a vacation after that and hasn't made a reappearance...lol!

message 4: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 387 comments I think I'm going to at least attempt it...but I'm currently working on another book and I'm not sure I'd be able to put that one aside for an entire month. However, if I don't put it on the backburner, I don't know how much writing I'd do for NaNo. Right now I'm going to start thinking of story ideas to see if anything grabs me.

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments yeah...i'm thinking of ideas...but I might keep the same characters from last year and just continue to develop...or write more...the way mine was going, it could easily be divided up into several books...lol!

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily I'm thinking about it. I always put too much pressure on myself and fail HARD. *LoL* But it's something that's kinda fun to at least try.

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i think there is a nano support group on Goodreads...I found it after the month was done last year...

message 8: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 387 comments Oh, is there, Dee? I was wondering if there might be. I'll have to look for it later.

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/6...

here is the 2010 group...it looks like they just change the name from year to year of the group

message 10: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 387 comments Thanks for finding that! I just joined. :)

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments me too!

message 12: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 387 comments Just made a new profile on the NaNo website. I can't even remember the name I used there last time. Feel free to add me as a writing buddy!

message 13: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments everybody ready to start tomorrow? have all your ideas lined up (or still a partial blank slate like me...)...

message 14: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 387 comments Still a partial blank slate...but I think I might have finally decided what idea I want to use. LOL.

message 15: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i have a very vague idea and a possibly opening scene...that struck me at like 3am this morning when i was doing schoolwork at work!

we have a pretty good group of us doing Nano over on the kindle smut group if you wanna join us...I think there are like 5 or 6 of us participating

message 16: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 387 comments That sounds cool! Would you mind sending me an invite for the group, since it's private/invite only?

I have like...a vague idea where the story will go and the first few lines. That's about it. I'm such a slacker. LOL.

message 17: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments hmm, it won't let me invite you...but you should be able to join even if its a private group...its only private because like the M/M group we talk a lot of stuff that might not be appropriate for younger people and they want to screen...if not i'll get sheswitches to invite you cause she is a mod

message 18: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 387 comments All righty, I'll give it a whirl!