The Happy Hollisters (Happy Hollisters, #1) The Happy Hollisters discussion

The Happy Hollisters are back!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elaine (new) - added it

Elaine Hollister I was very happy to see all the good comments on The Happy Hollisters by Jerry West. These books were actually written by my husband's grandfather, Andrew Svenson, who wrote the Happy Hollisters under the pseudonym Jerry West. The Hollister children were patterned on his own children: my husband's father, aunts, and uncles.

I thought you might be interested in some exciting news! Over the years we've heard from many fans like you, who have fond memories of the wholesome Hollister family and their exciting adventures. Many fans want to share the stories with their children, grandchildren, nieces, and nephews, but don't want to give up their collectors' editions. We have just released a new paperback edition of the first book in the series, The Happy Hollisters. The story is identical to the original, with its family-friendly dialogue and charming illustrations.

If you'd like to learn more about this new edition, and see pictures of the "real" Hollister family, please visit our website: www.TheHappyHollisters.com or join our Facebook group (The Happy Hollisters). The link to the new book on Amazon.com is:
http://tinyurl.com/39korp5

Thank you for remembering and supporting The Happy Hollisters!

Ginni Cook I still have several volumes of the Happy Hollister series from when I was a girl in the early - mid-60's.
Loved them then. I would walk through the grocery store, reading one, while my mom put groceries in the cart! I'd love to share with my Granddaughter, but am afraid to loan her my copies. I will watch for these in the bookstores!

Katt Hansen I discovered these books just a few years back, when I stumbled across a box of them at a garage sale. I'm now hopelessly addicted and would love to collect the entire series. Will all the books be released in these paperback editions?

message 4: by Elaine (new) - added it

Elaine Hollister We're so glad you're enjoying The Happy Hollisters! Since October 2010, we've released 8 volumes of the original 33 in both paperbook and e-book. We've been tremendously encouraged by the response from readers, so we plan to reissue a few more volumes each year until they are all available once again.

Charles Bechtel I'm now sixty, and can look back on a life as an author, an avid reader, a former professor who taught literature and writing, and I can claim all of these because of Andrew Svenson (okay, and a few others.) Whenever the book club sent another Happy Hollister, I became an invisible person sprawled in the hot sun streaming into our sunporch and onto my printed page. Or rather every one else became invisible, for the only real people I saw were the Happy Hollisters. Hope Mr. Svenson lived a happy life.

My eight-year old granddaughter's gonna love her copy.