Karen Chance Fans discussion

Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3)
This topic is about Embrace the Night
The Cassie Books > Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer #3)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 298 (298 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Enjee, Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Enjee | 1194 comments Mod
Just finished my re-read of EtN...still my favorite book so far.

message 2: by Mai (new) - added it

Mai (maisydaisy) I do love EtN. We learn so much about Pritkin!

message 3: by Mai (new) - added it

Mai (maisydaisy) *SPOILER!*
So, who among my favourite wenches actually put two and two together when they read Merlin and Pritkin were both half-incubus? Or were people like me, who realised there was a very obvious clue only after I'd re-read it.

Josie | 643 comments *SPOILER carried on*
Lol, yeah I didn't put it together until Pritkin was actually standing there. I think I miss these things because I read them so fast and I don't really think until it's slapped me in the face. But I'm glad I do that so everything is a shock and when I re-read, I find new little things I missed the first, second, third time round.

message 5: by Mai (new) - added it

Mai (maisydaisy) That is exactly what happens to me! I don't think I've ever actually had time to be surprised by plot twists, which is kind of annoying, but I just can't help myself!

Heather in FL (heather_fl) I thought Merlin WAS Pritkin. No?

message 7: by Mai (new) - added it

Mai (maisydaisy) Yes he is. But there were enough clues to figure it out before the reveal if you were smart or just reading slowly enough and I was wondering did anyone twig it.

Heather in FL (heather_fl) OK phew... I was thinking maybe I was totally off base (again). :-)

message 9: by Mai (new) - added it

Mai (maisydaisy) Did you twig it? Just curious.

Heather in FL (heather_fl) Sorry... "twig it"?

Nadine (Senceless) | 26 comments I didn't get at it too until Billy was explaining that Cassie and himself knew only one half demon...the little curse of speedreading

message 12: by Mai (new) - added it

Mai (maisydaisy) To figure it out. Sorry, that's probably an Irish thing. What I meant was, did you figure out that Pritkin and Merlin were one and the same before the big reveal?

Heather in FL (heather_fl) Maeve wrote: "To figure it out. Sorry, that's probably an Irish thing. What I meant was, did you figure out that Pritkin and Merlin were one and the same before the big reveal?"

See, I knew it had to be something like that. ;-)

I was trying to think back, and I feel like I was wondering what the relationship was until they revealed, but I didn't think it would be possible for them to be the same. So no, I don't think I got it till the reveal. But what a great twist it was!

message 14: by Mai (new) - added it

Mai (maisydaisy) *happy sigh* I love Karen Chance. She says there are going to be a lot of answers in the next book. I'm so excited!

Marissa (millionmph) | 74 comments Wow! Could we actually get real answers? :happy dance: Ohh boy, I'm excited with the possibilities. What questions do we want answered most?

message 16: by Mai (new) - added it

Mai (maisydaisy) My questions mostly revolve around Pritkin's backstory. There's so much hinted at that we don't know!

Marissa (millionmph) | 74 comments I would Love tons of Pritkin goodness in this next book! But, Damn if we still don't have forever and a day to wait. Grrr, I hate waiting.

message 18: by Mai (new) - added it

Mai (maisydaisy) We discussed this! The waiting period is now shorter than the average human gestation term. A great improvement I must say.

message 19: by Marissa (last edited Oct 11, 2010 11:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marissa (millionmph) | 74 comments LMAO Too bad its not a preemie.
Yes the wait is getting shorter, but that doesn't help the fact that I have no patience. I wish we could get Karen to give us little snippets every month...

message 20: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat | 237 comments or maybe have it acted out in photos...

message 21: by Mai (new) - added it

Mai (maisydaisy) Again with that adorably filthy mind of yours Kat :*

Maybe she could give us a quote a week or something. That would be awesome!

Tammy | 57 comments Starting this book tonight!

Lannister (lannisteruk) | 10911 comments Enjoy Tammy! Let us know what you think. There are some really yummy scenes in this book. :)

Cameo | 1045 comments Mod
Almost finished rereading it... pheewww I had forgotten just how steamy lovely Pritkin can be! I actually think this book is my favorite!

Lannister (lannisteruk) | 10911 comments I loved the bit where Pritkin was chasing Cassie through the ley lines and followed her into a tower (or whatever it was). He slams her up against the wall and kisses her. That was hot hot hot!!

Lannister (lannisteruk) | 10911 comments That was so funny with Pritkin. And when Mircea starts feeling her up and discovers she's wearing his boots!! :D

Lannister (lannisteruk) | 10911 comments LOL, yeah, I forgot those. They went so well with her fancy dress!!

message 28: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ , Mircea's Moderatrix (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) | 6031 comments Mod
Mircea... red wine... *thuds*

@Lannister exactly what I'm talking about! who doesn't wanna get ppushed against a wall with Pritkin hip-grindingly close! I just drooled on myself.... *running off to read that part again*

Kathy Davie (kathydavie) | 457 comments Take a box of tissues, Leodora...!

Haha good idea! :D *fetches tissues* .... no, still drooling!

message 32: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna | 1680 comments loved the socks too :D

Lannister (lannisteruk) | 10911 comments LMAO! Don't we all want to be seduced while wearing a ballgown & mage boots (and socks!)

message 34: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna | 1680 comments lol

Yes! I would seriously wear that everyday if I could! Don't think my boss would appreciate it though XD

Lannister (lannisteruk) | 10911 comments LMAO! You could start a whole new trend Leodora!

Nah then everybody around would look like me... I know it should be a compliment, to have 150 people around doing you thing, but it's really not. :)

Lannister (lannisteruk) | 10911 comments But dam, if we ever have the Karen Chance Fan Convention, I *want* to see 150 people in ballgowns and mage boots LMAO!! :D

I swear to you, that if we ever have that convention, I will attend EVERYTHING connected to it in a ballgown and mage boots! :D And I'm blond like Cassie so it's bloody awesome! :D Will you join me?

message 40: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ , Mircea's Moderatrix (new) - rated it 4 stars

I would like to join as well!

Yes! Good to have you onboard Sarah! :D Haha maybe we could colour coordinate our dresses so we look like a very menacing - yet fashionable - rainbow! :D in mage combat boots! Hell yeah!!! :D

Dibs on royal blue!

message 42: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ , Mircea's Moderatrix (new) - rated it 4 stars

Damn, I wanted blue as well. Then I take violet! LOL

Yes! Who's on the other colours? :D

Lannister (lannisteruk) | 10911 comments Oh crap, I always go for the purple colour. Oh well, I'll take Fire Engine Red then! :D

message 45: by Jax (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jax | 831 comments Drat! Red's my usual pick... okay... Wine Red... a nice deep burgandy!! :-D

Yes! Now we need green, yellow, black and pink.. and oh gosh a lot of colours.. we need more participants!

message 47: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna | 1680 comments OK I'll go for peach...

message 48: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ , Mircea's Moderatrix (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wait, I was strictly thinking of a rainbow. If we can use any color I want black!!!

Lannister (lannisteruk) | 10911 comments Hey, I want Black!! And big black boots with chrome and buckles!!

okay I put a veto on black ,only happy colours :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6