The Novel~Tea Book Club discussion

News > 2010 Nobel Prize for Literature

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kokeshi (new)

Kokeshi | 48 comments The 2010 Nobel Prize for Literature will be announced October 7.

Did you know...

237 names were submitted for the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize, 38 of which are organizations. The Nobel Committees in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine, Literature and the Prize Committee for Economic Sciences each usually receives 250-300 names every year, but this is the highest number of nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize ever. The names of the nominees cannot be revealed until 50 years later.

What a system! Amazing!

message 2: by Kokeshi (new)

Kokeshi | 48 comments The Nobel Prize in Literature 2010 was awarded to Mario Vargas Llosa "for his cartography of structures of power and his trenchant images of the individual's resistance, revolt, and defeat".

YES!!!!

Have you read anything by Mario Vargas Llosa? Check him out. He is amazing.

message 3: by Welwyn (new)

Welwyn Wilton Katz | 2 comments Yes, I have and he is. I appreciate you announcing this, Kokeshi, because my newspaper didn't!

I read one of his books a very long time ago, and found it beautiful, thoughtful, but not something I could read in one weekend. Too much to think about, I think.

I've ordered the Potato Peel pie book; sounds interesting. Thanks for letting me know.