The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Gilmore Girls Discussions > Look What I Heard

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alison, the guru of grace (last edited Jul 12, 2008 07:13PM) (new)

Alison | 1282 comments Mod
I heard a little about this on the EW website...now wikipedia is saying...

"Since the (Gilmore Girls) finale, fans have petitioned for an 8th season. Creator Amy Sherman-Palladino has expressed an interest in pursuing a Gilmore Girls movie, an idea in which many cast members have shown interest."

http://www.gilmoregirlsnews.com/2007/...

message 2: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

whichwaydidshego | 1996 comments Mod
You know, I'll believe it when I see it... at least in production! Pretty funny reading everybody's reactions. Thanks for the info, Alison!

message 3: by Dottie (last edited Jul 13, 2008 10:57AM) (new)

Dottie (oxymoronid) | 698 comments Look how long SATC fans waited for their film. But oh, I really hope we see it happen for Gilmore Girls. What if it was years though? It would be interesting how to do it so everyone would fit their ages still, no? Flashbacks, anyone? This will be interesting indeed to see how it all develops.

message 4: by Arctic (new)

Arctic | 571 comments I read somewhere recently that they want to know the outcome of the presidential election before filming as well, for Rory's storyline I'd guess.

The story that Alison links to calls it a tv-movie...I hope they go with a theater release (like SATC) instead. I would SO go see it multiple times if they put it on the big screen.

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan | 118 comments I think they need to leave the show the way it is. Do you remember the Brady Brunch tv movies? Not always the best things happen with the "reunion shows". Will I still watch, of course.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 26 comments I heard about this a while back, like a couple months after the show ended (before I was on goodreads, trust me I would've said something!) Well even though its just a thought, I'm already really excited and hopeful! Think about it SATC movie was just a thought by SJP when the show ended. Well I really hope this happens!!!!!

message 7: by Liz (new)

Liz | 18 comments I hope they make a movie or 8th season. I need to know if Lorelai and Luke get together again. And what happens to Rory!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

As sad as I was, when the show ended, I am not sure that it is a good idea to make a movie out of Gilmore Girls.
I mean, think about what the show's main outline actually was.. At first, it was about Rory going to Chilton so that she can get into Harvard, and then it was about her time in Yale and Lorelai starting her own hotel. Of course there was a lot of character development going on but the way I see it, those 2 main plots were the gist of the show.
The show ended with Rory becoming a journalist and Lorelai being successful. So I think a movie could be somehow forced and loose a lot of the show's easiness and atmosphere.

I'd still watch it, though ;-)

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan | 118 comments Marion-I agree with much of what you say, except for Lorelai starting a hotel. It was an Inn and she would be appalled. I think even calling it a B and B would upset Lorelai.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok, sorry, so it was Lorelai starting an Inn ;-)
I only get the German translation over here and I don't think they translated the difference - if it can be translated at all.

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan | 118 comments I didn't know so it's all good!

message 12: by Janna (new)

Janna I think they should consider a theatre release, instead of a TV-Movie. I think it really would make a lot of money. But then again, I'd rather watch it for free on TV than theatres, but I'm purely thinking of the profit for GG. SATC did make a lot of money, and I'm sure Gilmore Girls would as well. I'm sure that waiting for the end of the presidential election is a must to determine Rory's story. I do think that having Lorelai's wedding is a must. That would be grreat!! :) ahhh I'm picturing it now: Luke and Lorelai at the altar saying "I Do".. And Well, with Rory, you won't really be able to make any predictions until we learn who the new president will be... Hmm... :)