Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Jonathan Franzen's glasses stolen!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Franzen's glasses stolen at launch.

No word on whether or not Jodi Piccoult or Jennifer Weiner are suspects...

message 2: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17347 comments Mod
I heard this story on NPR last night. I'm not sure why it is news at all.

message 3: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17347 comments Mod
Also, he has a very effeminate, soft spoken voice. That is not what I had ever imagined he would sound like.

message 4: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11704 comments Wasn't this a Seinfeld episode? Elaine broke up with author Jake Jarmel and much of the show revolved around the unique frames of his glasses.

Wow, how many brain cells did I just waste recalling that?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I heard about this on NPR last night, too. The glasses kidnappers wanted $100,000 ransom for them, which is nuts.
This sounds like a stunt to me.

I am tired of hearing about Mr. Franzen now. Can we talk about something else? Maybe the fact that the inventor of the Segway died when he rolled backwards on his Segway over a cliff?

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Or the death ray that is zapping people while they sunbathe in Las Vegas?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Yeah, I heard about that, too! On some rooftop pool place there. One guy's hair got set on fire!

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments He was a personal injury attorney, ironically enough.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I thought the Segway over the cliff thing was pretty ironic, too.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Indeed. A cliff in England, no less. How gothic.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24393 comments Mod
Yes, it reminds me of a P.D. James mystery. Actually it was the owner of the company, Jimi Heselden, not the inventor (Dean Kamen) who died. Poor guy.

I have no interest in Jonathan Franzen's glasses either. Uh, the guy has enough money now - can't he just buy a new pair if they get stolen?

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Maybe he can write a lengthy novel ruminating on the state of the American glasses-wearer.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.