Comic Book Collections discussion

Marvel > Other folders?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 65 comments Mod
I'm not as up on Marvel as DC, so let me know if this would be handier split into different folders!

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (agentsd) Ahhh, here is the Marvel! I have to admit that I am more familiar with Marvel than DC, not saying that I hate DC, I'm just rather unfamiliar with the characters.

message 3: by Cait (new)

I've read some Marvel that I've really liked, but I'm a lot more familiar with DC stuff, so that's where I started my librarian work. :) Are there Marvel series that you'd like to see sorted out here on GR?

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael I just seriesed She-Hulk: http://www.goodreads.com/series/52777...

I've put into the series only those GNs that are collections of the current individual comics. I don't think it would be correct to simply lump all She-Hulk titles in the series, but what do the rest of you think?

message 5: by Cait (new)

What I've been doing -- and I'm not sure that this is the best way to do it! -- is taking one of two approaches to a series:

1. For complicated series I've been gathering everything published under that title into one series and then creating smaller series for everything within that which is its own series. For example, Wonder Woman or, as a smaller example, Catwoman.

2. For simpler series where most of the books are in one numbered set, I've been treating the unnumbered books like tie-ins and putting everything in one series. For example, Power Girl.

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Thanks, Cait. Those examples are really helpful. I'll have another go at She-Hulk!