Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Urban Fantasy > Georgina Kincaid Series

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 62 comments So I'm a huge Richelle Mead fan. I've read all of her series and I love them all...but I especially love Georgina. I'm just curious if anyone else has read the series and wants to swap theories with me.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Read them, love them and am a rare Seth fan. ;D

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Georgina kincaid series. One of my favourite series

message 4: by Dija (new)

Dija I've read GK, but I don't really like it as much as VA or Dark Swan...mostly because I've hated every single character at least once in the story. But Mead's writing style's so awesome, the plot's so captivating, that I still gave a 4-star rating to every book in the series. Can't wait for the last one, either. Hope Georgina finally gets over Seth.

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments *Possible Spoiler*
I love all of RM's series, she's a great writer. I think Dark Swan is my favorite but I love GK! I'm pretty sure Seth is Georgina's soul mate and has been reincarnated over and over again. Seth will be Georgina's HEA and there will be an error in the contract so she'll most likely be human soon.

message 6: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 62 comments *plot spoilers* if you haven't read all GK so far...

Yeah about getting over Seth. Personally, I like Roman or Carter. But now we've found out that Seth is likely her husband re-incarnated for thousands of years! I didn't expect that twist at the end, but looking through all the flashbacks all the men that she loved through the years they all fit the same mold. Kind, artistic, and totally in love with her.

Here's my theory:
I think that Kiryakos(or however you spell it) took a contract with a different demon while he and Georgina were still alive and married originally. It somehow slipped unnoticed by the demon who wrote her contract. He found out about it only recently and that's when he started to try to kill her. In the next book Georgina is going to have to try and find the second-contract which should free both her and Seth from their bindings. Then I think they will both live one final human life together.

Anyway, that's what I think will happen but I hope not. There's no place for a studly angel or Necrophilim in there! lol

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments Maybe the studly angel and Necrophilim will get their own series? I personally adore Carter, I think he's a fantastic character. I don't want him to fall though by finding a woman and lose his angel status by bedding her and or falling in love. I never wanted to see a romantic relationship with Georgina and Carter, but Roman, yea, I like him....a lot!

message 8: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 62 comments Ha there seems to be a trend going on now where it can only be true love if they try to kill you at one point. Roman..check!

message 9: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments I don't care for Seth much, but I think that he is truely Georgina's Sould Mate. I agree that he is the reincarnate of Kiryakos.

I do wish that she would end up with Roman but I really don't see that happening :(

message 10: by EowynRN (last edited Oct 06, 2010 11:56AM) (new)

EowynRN | 121 comments I looove these books, maybe even more than her Vampire Academy series. Probably since they are about adults, not teens.

I also think Seth=Krekarios, and actually have since the first book, since they kept saying she had that special spark with both of them. I also think that he made some deal with the devil, and the last book will be the adventure to break the spell, and live happily ever after.
The epilogue will of course have her popping out babies. And even though I've figured it all out, I can't wait to read it. ;)

Oh and Seth...yum. One of my favorite male characters. Nerdy + aggressive in bed = WIN!

message 11: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) this is my favorite series of all time. and i, too, am a huge fan of Seth. i really do like Roman, but to me, Seth is Georgina's HEA. not trying to detract away from Goodreads, but before a handful of us ladies became members of Goodreads, we found each other, b/c of this series no less, on Amazon, and began a Succubus Support Group to discuss the books and a ton of different theories. if you are interested, here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Succubus-Suppor...

message 12: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments LOL, I really liked Seth at first. But I just can't get over the whole Maddie thing. I've tried but I'm still irritated about it.

message 13: by EowynRN (new)

EowynRN | 121 comments Well I can understand because he was in turmoil, and he did the right thing in the end. He thought he wanted to marry her and that he could stay away from Georgina, but in the end he couldn't. So at least he ended it instead of entering into a loveless marriage.

I can name so many people who I know married someone just to get married, and had regrets when they were engaged and didn't end it before the marriage, and ended up in a loveless marriage or a divorce. So I at least give him credit for not doing that. Also, he felt really bad.

I am thinking that Mead will give Maddie a good lover in the last book though to redeem the plot line.

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments I totally want to see Georgina and Seth HEA, the love each other...they're meant to be together. They have been together basically since she was mortal and all through her immortal life.

message 15: by Rafaela (new)

Rafaela (rafahta) | 60 comments I love all RM's series. My favourite is the Dark Swan.

Sometimes I think that the theories we have about Seth being her husband is so obvious that Richelle will come up with a twist. Or that's what I hope anyway.

It's such a shame that we have to wait so long for the next book.

message 16: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 62 comments I agree. I'm praying for a twist. And about the Maddie thing I don't really consider it cheating since Georgina told him it was okay. I understand that he was trying to build a normal life for himself instead of having to deal with all the chaos of Georgina's but he was a real douche about it. I couldn't believe how cruel he was to her.

What I like about the series is that Mead was able to pull off pretty much the same relationship throughout most of the novels, but she kept it interesting with all the ups and downs. Usually once two characters settle for one another all fun sexual tension just dissappears. But not so with GK.

Also, as much as I like Roman I agree that Seth should be her HEA. She's worked way too hard at it for it to be anyone else.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments First off, I'm so glad to see other Seth fans here. I've avoided other Georgina threads in the past because they descend into nothing but anti-Seth rants, rather than discussions of the series.

As far as the cheating goes, I think that although I was really disappointed in Seth, it was balanced by the previous book where I felt that Georgina had essentially cheated on him by having sex with the succubus in Seth's form. They both disappointed me, but showed how realistically flawed her characters can be (even in unrealistic situations).

I love Roman and Carter as well, but I don't want Carter to fall because I think that will change him. I do want Roman to find a saucy little vixen of his own though. =)

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments It's funny how people are so hard on Seth for "cheating" on Georgina. Georgina is a succubus and will forever be cheating on Seth, she will end his life sooner or later as well. How selfish would Georgina be to not let Seth go and pursue a "normal" life? He found that with Maddie but then couldn't shake his love for Georgina. He ended up betraying Maddie, but it takes 2 to tango. If we're upset with Seth for cheating on Maddie, then we need to condemn Georgina for that as well. I think both Seth and Georgina should have been honest with Maddie and the rest of the gang and told them about their relationship.
I like Seth, I think he's a great guy with a big heart. He deserves a HEA and so does Georgina. Think about what was laid before him when he found out about her. That's a mind f*ck in itself.

message 19: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments It wasn't what he did, but how he did it. He dropped Georgina hella quick without so much as a goodbye. she found out from Maddie! He said he loved Georgina, and then he just dropped her. I mean your right about that he deserved a normal life, but he was wrong on how he went about it.

Georgina never dropped Seth for another man, it was just sex not emotion. He left her for her friend! and then just dropped her like a bad habbit!!??!

message 20: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 62 comments ஐAndreaஐ wrote: "It wasn't what he did, but how he did it. He dropped Georgina hella quick without so much as a goodbye. she found out from Maddie! He said he loved Georgina, and then he just dropped her. I mean..."

Exactly!! That's what irritated me the most. And now that we have this Seth=Kiryakos conundrum it would appear that this dude's been breaking Georgina's heart for centuries. Maybe both of them moving on would be best. Say Georgina falls in love with Roman, well they're both immortal so its not like either one of them is going anywhere. That could finally be the end to all the heartbreak.

message 21: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) but it hasn't always been the Seth/Kyriakos reincarnations breaking Georgina's heart. really, it's been the other way around since day 1. she cheated on Kyriakos w/ Ariston (who i whole-heartedly don't believe we've seen the last of), and it was always Georgina who would end up pulling away from all of the incarnations of him later.

message 22: by EowynRN (new)

EowynRN | 121 comments See I never got upset about Georgina's cheating because she didn't want to, it was with strangers and not emotional (and she quit with the boss when she started dating seth) and it came with the "in order to survive" territory.

Where seth's cheating was wrong was because it was both emotional, and her freakin best friend. So he was a major douche to her because he didn't know how to handle the situation. Which is why I didn't really care as much when he hurt Maddie because I was so upset at the injustice for Georgie the whole time and it just wasn't real with Maddie to me.

Maybe Maddie and Roman can hook up?
oh here's one I didn't think about, not that you want to think about it... Maybe maddie ends up with Seth's brother eventually.

message 23: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments I'm totally team Roman!

message 24: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 62 comments Leigh wrote: "but it hasn't always been the Seth/Kyriakos reincarnations breaking Georgina's heart. really, it's been the other way around since day 1. she cheated on Kyriakos w/ Ariston (who i whole-heartedly..."

Oooh maybe Ariston has something to do with the second contract. That's a thought. But when I said that he's been breaking her heart for centuries I was thinking about Georgie had to watch him die over and over again. Sure she cheated first, but I'd say she's sufficiently been paid back in kind.

message 25: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) Eowynmn wrote: "See I never got upset about Georgina's cheating because she didn't want to, it was with strangers and not emotional (and she quit with the boss when she started dating seth) and it came with the "i..."

well, i don't want Maddie to end up with anyone. the beyotch just needs to pack her bags and get out of dodge.

re: Georgina, her affair w/ Ariston was emotional, and that's what's led her to where she is now. and while her sleeping w/ Bastien disguised as Seth was not truly an emotional affair, it was still wrong. she got nothing out of doing so except that it was with "Seth" in the flesh, so that, to me, was wrong on Georgina's part as well.

all that said, yes, Seth was in the wrong for continuing the relationship w/ Maddie, but i think he did it with Georgina's best interest in mind. he was trying to force her away so that she wouldn't have that emotional attachment to him, so that she wouldn't be devastated when something (i.e., death) did eventually happen to him.

message 26: by EowynRN (new)

EowynRN | 121 comments I totally forgot about the Bastien one. yeah that was the other reason I wasn't as mad at Seth.

What can I say? I am to Seth as 15 yr old girls are to Edward.

message 27: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) Eowynmn wrote: "I totally forgot about the Bastien one. yeah that was the other reason I wasn't as mad at Seth.

What can I say? I am to Seth as 15 yr old girls are to Edward."

me, too! ;)

message 28: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) Kylie wrote: "Leigh wrote: "but it hasn't always been the Seth/Kyriakos reincarnations breaking Georgina's heart. really, it's been the other way around since day 1. she cheated on Kyriakos w/ Ariston (who i w..."

ITA w/ you about Arison and the second contract! i've been posting about this in a ton of different places, but here's my thoughts on it, specifically.

i think he made a deal to impregnate Georgina as a way to get her from Kyriakos. first, it was stated that:

"...even though the two men were longtime friends, there had always been a rivalry underscoring that friendship."

and then, when they finally do it, afterwards, Ariston says to her:

"'The lack could be in Kyriakos,' he explained. 'Not you. With as many times as I've had you today, you can't help but get pregnant.' He sucked my earlobe and wrapped his arms around me from behind, letting his hands rest on my breasts. 'I've filled you up, Letha.'

His voice was low and proprietary, like he'd just gained something more tangible than sex."

but Georgina was so heartbroken after Kyriakos discovered her infidelity (and became suicidal), that she then sold her soul to Niphon to make him forget everything about her. if she was in fact pregnant by Ariston, when she became a succubus, the pregnancy was lost, and then his (Ariston's) contract would have been breached.

message 29: by Leigh (last edited Oct 07, 2010 08:59AM) (new)

Leigh (llogan24) Kylie wrote: "But when I said that he's been breaking her heart for centuries I was thinking about Georgie had to watch him die over and over again. Sure she cheated first, but I'd say she's sufficiently been paid back in kind...."

Kylie - i agree w/ your thought about this as well. yes, she keeps dealing w/ heartbreak throughout the centuries, and she's definitely gotten her "just desserts" (not that i think she actually deserved them). but i think that Georgina just needs to forgive herself for what she had done to Kyriakos. i think that it going to be key.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

MMM im more for Roman. Ive kinda hoped through the whole time that she will end up with him

message 31: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 62 comments Sabrina Fair wrote: "This just makes me want to read the whole series again haha"

yeah I started this forum and then started missing Richelle Mead, so I've begun re-reading VA, and next I'm going to re-read this series again. They are both exceptional. But I have to admit I can't get into the dark-swan books.

message 32: by EowynRN (new)

EowynRN | 121 comments I'm mixed on Dark swan. I like it, but I don't. I'd give more info, but I don't want to post spoilers for that series here. I at least liked the last 20ish pages of Thorn queen the best, so hopefully that plot line will develop into something good, ya know?

message 33: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) i LOVED Dark Swan myself. i thought it was another great series by Mead...kicka$$ heroine, great world-building, full of good wit and banter, and some yummy hero-potentials (especially Dorian!). :)

message 34: by EowynRN (new)

EowynRN | 121 comments @Leigh - yes i like everything Dorian.
selfish, annoying Kiyo pissed me off a lot though and since he was such a big part of the books, i got a bit frustrated.

message 35: by Jen ~The dreamer~ (last edited Oct 07, 2010 10:58AM) (new)

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments Oh yes, I adore Dorian! RAWR!! Kiyo is a bit shady and has a lot of baggage. Dorian is a bit shady too, but he laid everything out on the table....Dark Swan is one of my favorite series!

message 36: by EowynRN (new)

EowynRN | 121 comments lol I'm sorry but what kind of 'leading man' in a romance novel hates foreplay? Puhhhlease.
ok I've said too much.

I just must firmly reiterate:
Team Seth/Dorian/Dimitri

message 37: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) yeah, i really disliked Kiyo after TQ, but i did enjoy him in #1. but oh, yeah, i'm totally Team Dorian all the way. LOVE that Oak King!! and Jen, i totally agree, Dorian is shady, but i, too, think he's been up front w/ everything, and he's just sexy as all get out! i'm really looking forward to IC!

message 38: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) Eowynmn wrote: "
I just must firmly reiterate:
Team Seth/Dorian/Dimitri"

ITA on all counts!! :D

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments Eowynmn wrote: "
Team Seth/Dorian/Dimitri"
"

I agree!

message 40: by EowynRN (new)

EowynRN | 121 comments Leigh wrote:

ITA on all counts!! :D"

We should be Richelle mead BFF's

message 41: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) LOL!! i just hope that all of her series end the way i'm hoping they will. ;)

message 42: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments I love Dorian! He's kinda shady but super hott and at least he's up front about being shady.

Team Dorian/Demitri/Roman(i know it will be seth in the end)

message 43: by Rafaela (new)

Rafaela (rafahta) | 60 comments ஐAndreaஐ wrote: "I love Dorian! He's kinda shady but super hott and at least he's up front about being shady.

Team Dorian/Demitri/Roman(i know it will be seth in the end)"

Same! Dorian is my favourite.

message 44: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Dillon  (jessica_dillon89) I personally am a "Adrian", "Roman" and "Dorian" kind of girl!! :)

message 45: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 62 comments Jess wrote: "I personally am a "Adrian", "Roman" and "Dorian" kind of girl!! :)"

Me Too!! Those are all my picks as well. Finally a kindred spirit!

message 46: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 62 comments This is going to sound very nerdy but I'm analyzing the book space both Adrian and Dimitri have to see if Adrian even has a chance....but yeah Dimitri has waaayyyyy more. On the bright side I think Dorian is more prominant than Kiyo.

message 47: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (bookaddict27) | 7 comments It is great to finally find other people who are fans of Adrian! I got my fingers crossed that Rose will end up with him not Dimetri.

However I totally prefer Seth to Roman for Georgina, after all he is probably the re-incarnation of her first husband.

message 48: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 62 comments I know this is a Georgina thread, but why do you want Adrian, just curious. I have a whole list of reasons myself.

message 49: by EowynRN (new)

EowynRN | 121 comments Hey now?!?!?! Who let the Adrian people in?

Kidding. I actually find him to be a quite attractive character myself, but I'm still on team Dimitri.

message 50: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 62 comments You want to know something crazy though. I'm re-reading the series again and I'm half-way through book five but I can't help but feel like Mead has placed several little forshadowing bits about Adrian starting way back in book two. And not good ones. I love him, but I think he might actually end up having his hands dirty.

« previous 1 3