The Life of a Poet discussion

Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 248 (248 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

Nyghtmare | 540 comments Mod
Tell me a little about yourself and why you joined this group.

I'm 13 and I love to write poetry.

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 104 comments I am Cissi. i am thirteen, too, and i write poetry. heehee

message 3: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Langston (JodiLangston) | 6 comments I'm Jodi...older and have been writing poetry all my life. One of my online names is wildlypoetic. Nice to meet you all!

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" (cissiinvisiblebutinvincible) | 104 comments Nice to meet you , too!

message 5: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

Welcome!

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (ugrosha) | 6 comments i read, write, explore poetry)
i m 22

message 7: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

Hi

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann (ugrosha) | 6 comments hi, girls)

message 10: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

Hi.

message 11: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

Obviously....
*Rolls eyes*

message 12: by Jen (new)

Jen | 279 comments Mod
Hi everyone, my name is Jen. I obviously enjoy writing poetry and can't wait to share with you and read what you post:)

message 13: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

Welcome!

message 14: by check (new)

check heyy people! You can call me Kitty or Mae. I write poetry sometimes and I think i might post them on here.

message 15: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

Kay.
Welcome!

message 16: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

I see. Invite peops to join people!

message 17: by Doubleid (new)

Doubleid | 540 comments Mod
Hi everyone, you can call me DoubleID. I just recently discovered my passion for poetry and have already written a few pieces. I wanted to join this group because I want to help improve my writing and meet new people.

message 18: by Jen (new)

Jen | 279 comments Mod
Hello! And welcome DoubleID :D It is always nice to see that more people are being inspired to write. I can't wait to read some of your writing!

message 19: by Doubleid (new)

Thank you Jen. I actually posted 2 poems already in Goodreads. They're called "The Beginning-The Park" and "After He's Gone-The Bridge". They're both under the genre 'poetry'. You can check them out if you're interested and i'm thinking about posting them here too.

message 20: by Jen (new)

Jen | 279 comments Mod
Okay I'll go take a look now. And you should post them here too for everyone to read--just create a folder for yourself:)

message 21: by Doubleid (new)

Ummm...how do you do that? i'm new to this kind of thing.

message 22: by Jen (new)

Jen | 279 comments Mod
I will create one for you, okay? Then all you have to do is post your poems there.

message 23: by Doubleid (new)

Are you sure? you can just tell me.

message 24: by Jen (new)

Jen | 279 comments Mod
Srry I just put it up. So you know in the future--

1) When on the discussions menu up top there is a button that says 'new'. click on it.

2)Then decide where you want it to go (there is a list of options)

3) Give it a title and post your first comment.

message 25: by Doubleid (new)

Okay. Thanks. Enjoy the poems.

message 26: by Jen (new)

Jen | 279 comments Mod
Your welcome! And I will, poetry is always enjoyable:)

message 27: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

Sorry. I have been out of it lately. Sick. Welcome!

message 28: by Doubleid (new)

Hi Laura, it's great to meet you and thanks for welcoming me to your group. i'm having fun already.

message 29: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

That's good. Um... Lost my train of thought...Ugh... I give up... I can't remember what I was going to say... I'm THAT sick....Oh, yeah. I'll post more of my writing. I am making the attempt at music.

message 30: by Doubleid (new)

Sorry that it took me so long to answer, i was reading some of you guys' poems. Sorry to hear that you're sick.

message 31: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

I think most of these people have more talent than I. Thanks. But I get sick often.

message 32: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Langston (JodiLangston) | 6 comments Feel better, Laura! When it's written from the heart there is no bad poetry!

message 33: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

I seem to think so...... But it might because of school and STUFF.

message 34: by Doubleid (new)

I agree with Jodi. There were many times that i would write poems from my heart but then I would look at them and throw them away. but i soon realized that i was literally throwing away my talent. Don't feel down about yourself especially your writing.

message 35: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

*Imposing stuff as something else.*
I hope SOMEONE knows what I am talking about.
And some of mine are just...meh.

message 36: by Jen (new)

Jen | 279 comments Mod
Sorry I left (had to have dinner). Welcome back LAURA! I am so sorry you have been sick and hope you get better soon. Also, I LOVE your poems so don't say they are just 'meh'! They are awesome:)

message 37: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

It's that time of the month......

message 38: by Jen (new)

Jen | 279 comments Mod
Awww--well don't worry you'll be feeling better in no time:)

message 39: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

Sooooo. Sorry my first impression has been with this shit....but this is how I act during these times.

message 40: by Doubleid (new)

It's ok. and by 'stuff' you're talking about drama?

message 41: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

Time of the month.

message 42: by Doubleid (new)

oops

message 43: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

Hi.

message 44: by Jen (new)

Jen | 279 comments Mod
hows it going everyone?

message 45: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

Pms sucks.

message 46: by Jen (new)

Jen | 279 comments Mod
sucks worse when in school:(

message 47: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

Yup. I have lunch detention tomorrow with it.

message 48: by Doubleid (last edited Dec 02, 2010 12:49PM) (new)

Hey everyone. i'm sorry that you're having a bad day, Laura.

message 49: by Nyghtmare, My heart is dead and cold. I'm just truly Nyghtmare now (new)

At least I can get on first hour.

message 50: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) | 312 comments hey everyone, I'm Rebecca, 17 and love to read and sometimes write poetry.

« previous 1 3 4 5