My Adventures Through Theology and Beyond discussion

Videos > John Haught

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten Sorry.... I cant listen right now like I thought. I'm on the living room watching a movie, and the sound on my laptop can't go higher then the TV.... so I can't understand what he is saying. but I'll give my thoughts later.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten I was going to. Don't worry. :)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 297 comments I like the way he compares the idea of evolution to humans having free will.

message 4: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments I love it :)

message 5: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments NO I ACTUALLY DO!!! xD It's a good thought...even though I don't really know where the self-emptying thing came from....

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 297 comments Probably from the idea that Jesus had to go into the desert and fast for 40 days (I think) to be purified.

message 7: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Probably from the idea that Jesus had to go into the desert and fast for 40 days (I think) to be purified."

...*goes to read New Testament*

message 8: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 965 comments Haha but I should :/

message 9: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) hmmm is he basically saying that evolution is god slowly making us more and more advanced eventually making us into something godlike erghh he wasn't a very good speaker I wish I would have read it lol.

message 10: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) ahh ok so can someone explain what he said a bit better though.

message 11: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) yeah I got that part I liked that idea... is what I said originally correct?

message 12: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) ahh yes that helps and I will be sure to watch the next video

message 13: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) ohhh

message 14: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) wait where...... ohh I found it you put it in the wrong spot lol

message 15: by Micah (new)

Micah (multivoxmuse) | 48 comments It sounds like he's proposing a deistic God who allowed room for creation to happen, and doesn't involve himself or meddle, but lets creation and evolution happen as a natural process. Sounds fine to me, but then why all the Jesus stuff?