Pamela Clare ~ Fan Group discussion

What's Cookin'? > Angel Hair and Asparagus Pasta

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1381 comments Mod
We love this one and it's been really popular with everyone who tries it. Be sure to keep extra herbs/seasonings on hand to add more flavor if you want.

1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and chopped
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup shredded queso asadero (white Mexican cheese)

Directions

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add angel hair pasta, cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until al dente; drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil to prevent stickiness.,

2. Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the garlic for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and tomatoes, stirring to coat. Pour in the broth, and continue cooking uncovered 10 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender, but still bright green.

3. Place the pasta in a large bowl, and toss with the asparagus and tomato mixture. Season with dill and pepper. In a separate bowl, mix the avocados, lime juice, and garlic powder together until blended.

4. Serve pasta with a dollop of the avocado mixture, and top with shredded cheese.

message 2: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (last edited Oct 05, 2010 12:44PM) (new)

We've also used this with a bag of fresh baby spinach tossed in with the hot pasta in place of asparagus.

Don't cook the spinach, just toss it in and it will wilt quickly from the heat of the sauce/pasta.

message 3: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 51 comments The spinach sounds good, too and probably gives it a completely different taste. Thanks so much for sharing. Love new ideas for good eats!!!

message 4: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

I hope you love it!

message 5: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 140 comments mmm With Spinach. Not a fan of Asparagus, but spinach yum!

message 6: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Hope you love it :)

message 7: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 140 comments making it tonight for supper :)

message 8: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

OOooh, I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

message 9: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 140 comments It was GREAT!!!!

Loved the avocado/lime/garlic sauce

We added chicken to it, and I loved it!

message 10: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 51 comments Oh. My. Gosh. This was simply wonderful and it will definitely be a standard in our house from here on out! Everyone loved it. We also added grilled chicken breast. I'm making it with spinach next week!! Thanks again for a super recipe!!

message 11: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

YAY!!! So far, not a single person has said they didn't like it.

I've got some chicken breasts here, I think I'm going to try it with the spinach and chicken cut up in it. That's how you had it, right? Not just grilled on the side, but cut up in it?

message 12: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 140 comments yup we had cut up chicken breast and spinach (and asparagus too)

I'm having it tonight for supper too.. lol

message 13: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Wow! LOL You REALLY liked it! I have my grocery list all ready to go and of course I've added all these ingredients, too. It seems like every time someone new tries it, I start craving it.

message 14: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 140 comments well, we have leftovers, and I don't feel like cooking tonight :P So the kids are having grilled sausage and quinoa and I'm having this :D (right now actually) I'm eating now while Oliver is napping so I can have hot food LOL

message 15: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

LOL!!! Sounds like you've got things well in hand.

message 16: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 51 comments I grilled the chicken breasts and then sliced them thinly to lay on the top of the pasta. Yum!! I'm doing the same this week with spinach in place of the asparagus. Never can go wrong in my house with pasta!!

message 17: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

I'm having this tonight, but I had trouble finding Asadero cheese. What have you ladies been using if you couldn't find that cheese?