Comic Books discussion

what is everyone favorite super hero?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Helen (new)

Helen (savanah) | 2 comments i like super man he reminds me of my bestfriend but i can also relate to batman losing his parent and hulk anger
so i don't have a favorite i also like women super heros there isn't many?
looking forward to meeting everyone here.
always,
Helen

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric | 62 comments wow...thats a tough one, hehe. in terms of traditional superheroes, id have to say batman is my all time favorite superhero. its probably because i just grew up with him as the staple superhero (batman animated series), and his was the first actually comic series i read (batman knightfall).
also, he is just so bad arse, haha.

however, once we get in to nontraditional superheroes, it is really too difficult to tell. but one of my favorites has to be fone bone. he reminds me alot of myself in appearance, feelings and mannerisms.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd have to say I'm an Alan Moore Batman type of guy. I also like Nite Owl and Batman Beyond is way cool too.

message 4: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) I have to say the Punisher. A lot of the heroes just seem like whiners, sometimes, but he knows what he wants to do, and he does it, no matter what. And the no-kill policy of a lot of the heroes gets old. I’ mean, how many times does you arch-enemy have to escape from prison, kill dozens of people, including your family, friends, etc. before you take the gloves off?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

True that. But without the no-kill policy your an anti-hero. Heroes seek justice and mercy. Batman couldn't be Batman without that one rule.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

for traditional heroes batman of course but also mr terrific, the hulk, green arrow, she-hulk and steel

as for anti heroes the punisher, deadpool and ghost rider.

the no kill rule i have to say is something i support, personally killing someone is not something i think i would or could ever do so having heroes reflect that works for me. having those who do kill works for me as well as i know not everyone shares my veiws

message 7: by Helen (new)

Helen (savanah) | 2 comments thanks u all for aswering the question!
i have to say my personal team of super heros as people. Are: my secound mom, my number person to talk to. My 2nd would be my bestfriend in the world Steph whom I can tell all to and she can see my anger, my weakness and understand me and my eceentric ways that i can only show to her.
I beleive anyone who is open to learning new thigns and excepts the fact that noone person knows everthing. That everyone has something to teach you no matter what there backround is is a hero.
What or some of your thoughts on what makes a true real life hero?

message 8: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Welch (swelch) | 9 comments Even after all these years my favorite is Spider-Man over all. Now if you break down to Marvel and DC it would go like this.

Marvel: Spider-Man, Captain America.
DC: Green Lantern, Flash and Starman.

message 9: by Harold (new)

Harold Neighbors (haroldo359) | 9 comments batman by far. of course, he has no super-powers.

hulk if powers are involved.

both have alot of man vs. himself issues, which i think speaks to me as well as many others.

message 10: by Jan (new)

Jan (gunslingergirl) | 1 comments i agree with Rusty. the Punisher is the best by far. then batman & spiderman.

message 11: by Stasia (new)

Stasia Bruhn (athenarose) My favs are Super-man, Super-Girl, & Wonder Woman.

message 12: by Zangel (new)

Zangel | 1 comments I would have to say wonder woman, the punisher and captain America..

message 13: by Duke (new)

Duke Fuller (illustrationfan) | 1 comments The Silver Surfer! Sky-rider of the spaceways!!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 13, 2009 03:18PM) (new)

hmmm... this is a hard one because I like so many... i would have to say... All Winners is my favorite old-time superhero group, The Avengers are my favorite newer superhero group. I would have to say that maybe my favortie characters are... Cap, She-Hulk, Deadpool, Green Lantern and Wolverine.

message 15: by Andy Johnson (new)

Andy Johnson | 1 comments My all-time favorite would be Spider-Man of course. Other favorites include Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and the Fantastic Four.

message 16: by Andy (new)

Andy  Childress (bubbaworldcomix) | 5 comments My brother's middle name is Wayne and my middle name is Bruce....Even though she knew his main motive, he convinced his wife to let him name his son Bruce Wayne. So Batman cause my nephew is named after him ... sort or.

other than that I'm going to say the TICK. I just love the humor of that book and show.

And of course there's also CAPN' GEEZER the time traveler at my http://bubbaworldcomix.com site. the site updates daily but Capn' Geezer is every Thursday

message 17: by Farah (new)

Farah | 3 comments My Sentimental favorite is Storm form the X-men. The epitome of grace, and regalness and power when written correctly. Empowered is my favorite now a days because her insecurities and inner issues toatally make me laugh at myself.

message 18: by Okki (new)

Okki wibowo | 3 comments Wolverine and Punisher ........... Kill 'em All

message 19: by Frank (new)

Frank | 1 comments Traditionally I like Batman, and who doesn't?

However, my favorite is probably Rorshach from the Watchmen. He is a unique character type that I rarely see in stories.

message 20: by Alphamale73 (new)

Alphamale73 | 7 comments I like Deadpool deadPool deadpool. But my other close second would have to be the one and only Batman. Red Robin is a close third.

message 21: by RJ (new)

RJ (rjreading) | 12 comments Batman for sure for DC. Spidey for Marvel.

message 22: by Adam (new)

Adam Bender (adambender) | 14 comments Batman, although I haven't gotten into the Grant Morrison stuff. Batman stuck in time is a bit too much for me.

message 23: by Paul (new)

Paul Herriott (grizza) Batman definitely. But always had a bit of a soft spot for daredevil as well.

message 24: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (lnzdesigns) Has anyone heard of The Pro? The most real "hero" of all time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pro_...

message 25: by Aquamora (new)

Aquamora | 2 comments The Runaways kids!

message 26: by Kayenne (new)

Kayenne | 4 comments Hello,
My favs:

Marvel Universe: Elektra and Kitty Pryde
DC Universe: its between Batgirl (post coming out) and Gail Simone's Wonder Woman

Vertigo: Promethea and Ragged Robin

Love and Rockets: Rocky

message 27: by Kayenne (new)

Kayenne | 4 comments Oh, I forgot about my favorite runaway character Gertude Yorkes... RIP

message 28: by Aquamora (new)

Aquamora | 2 comments Kayenne wrote: "Oh, I forgot about my favorite runaway character Gertude Yorkes... RIP"

She wasn't my favorite, but Chase's devotion to her was PRECIOUS.

message 29: by Kayenne (new)

Kayenne | 4 comments Aqua wrote:

She wasn't my favorite, but Chase's devotion to her was PRECIOUS."

The thing about Gertie that stands out is that she wasn't skinny, didn't wear slutty, ridiculous clothes... very refreshing to me and great for girls reading comics.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

For DC, Batman, Plastic Man, Green Arrow, Hal Jordon Green Lantern.
For Marvel, Deadpool, Captain America, Wolverine and probally Doc Strange.

message 31: by Bill (last edited May 22, 2011 07:11AM) (new)

Bill (kernos) | 1 comments My favorites remain those I grew up with. I like the older comics rather that their modern counterparts. Most are silver age with some golden and bronze. If only I had kept those my dad had and I got as a kid... Over the years I have been collecting replacements as I've been able.

My #1 would be Superboy, before DC made him over-muscled and angry looking.

#2 Would be Captain Marvel Jr. and Marvel Family which included CMJ. I doubt many are familiar. I also liked Young Marvelman, his British counterpart who IIRC became Young Miracleman after DC sued.

#3 Would be Spiderman

#4 Would be Superman and Batman/Robin, esp the golden and silver age comics.

message 32: by Mackenzie (last edited Jun 03, 2011 11:07PM) (new)

Mackenzie Stanley (crigger5) Batman all the way! from all eras, Detective comics all the way up to revisionist like Batman: year one.
My second would probably be Rorschach. I think I lean toward a dark, shadowy type of Hero.

message 33: by Al (new)

Al (alstone) The man of Steel is my all time favourite superhero. I grew up watching a lot of Superman and it's stuck with me. I also love the fact that he's from another reality :)

message 34: by Gary (new)

Gary Just started getting into comics with the New 52 launch and I'd have to say Batwoman

message 35: by Sascha (new)

Sascha Kersken (neo42) | 1 comments Spider-Man hands down. He's the personification of "What if a 200% nerd gained superpowers?" And I like his extremely high moral standards; he's been an inspiration and a role model. Other heroes I like a lot are Daredevil, Wolverine, Thor, Batman, and Superman (yeah, I think I'm kind of a Marvel guy).

message 36: by Wt (last edited Jan 09, 2012 06:23PM) (new)

Wt | 2 comments Wow - a forum entry from 2008 that I want to get involved in.
Favorite super-hero is.....Ragman (DC). Not being Jewish, I can't speak for the religion, but having powers based on the pain and screams of murdered souls and being able to unleash that against the evils in the world today. That is the ultimate power - making evil suffer by the victim's of previous evil acts! Kind of like the Spectre, but he isn't dead and gets to have relations with other humans!
Of course OMAC or Deathlok are also 2 of my faves!

message 37: by Wt (new)

Wt | 2 comments Lindsay wrote: "Has anyone heard of The Pro? The most real "hero" of all time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pro_..."

A great pick for someone who doesn't mind being "open for business"

message 38: by Josh (new)

Josh (r0guebot) | 1 comments I grew up with and love Batman, but I also have a soft spot for Hal Jordan.

message 39: by Mario (new)

Mario (mac79pr) I'm really into Iron Man right now.

message 40: by Gary (new)

Gary Right now I'm into Mark Waid's Daredevil

message 41: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Welch (swelch) | 9 comments well Spider-Man is my all time favorite. But if you broke it down to Marvel and DC it would be for Marvel Spidey, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow. For DC it's Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Black Canary.

message 42: by Majid (new)

Majid Nobles | 5 comments Doctor Strange. :D

message 43: by Marcus (new)

Marcus Pierson (droracle) | 1 comments Plastic Man is a long time favorite of mine. So easy to underestimate, but with the right writer behind him he's darn entertaining.

message 44: by Ron (new)

Ron (diavir) Hellboy

message 45: by Erin (new)

Erin | 1 comments Spider-Man and Batman are my favorite superheroes.

message 46: by Jase (new)

Jase | 4 comments I am a big X-Men fan. I like cyclops, colossus, fantomex, mystique, emma frost, quentin quire, sunspot, anole, hellion, NORTHSTAR and some others here and there.

i do also like batman from DC but rarely read those.

ABSOULTELY LOVE FABLES!!!

message 47: by Haley (new)

Haley (thelittleturtle) I LOVE Batman!!! But other than that, wolverine and most of the other characters in x-men, and Captain America.

message 48: by rarehero (new)

rarehero | 4 comments Probably batman. But closely followed by cable, wolverine, & deadpool.

message 49: by Eddie (new)

Eddie | 4 comments If press I would have to join the Batman band wagon but it is the character(s) I am reading and I read a lot of different books. I am in the middle of the Red Hood and the Outlaws and Demon Knights series I am really pumped about both series.

message 50: by Kevin (new)

Kevin metzger | 1 comments My favorite hero was Spider-Man for the longest time. im really starting to get into DC though. Right now im really digging the Flash as well as Aquaman.

« previous 1