The Romance Reviews discussion

Sub-Genres > Erotic Romance-Menage

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paige (new)

Paige (anauthor) | 67 comments Mod
Discussion thread for the sub-genre of romance, Erotic.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I just read TWO hot menage titles. The first was an historical western MMF menage called Tangled Past. The other was a MMM menage with Bdsm elements called Paradise Found. What other menage have you read lately? Do you prefer one pairing over the other?

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Some helpful hints
MMF- means the men sleep together, as well as with the female
MFM- the men do not sleep together, just with the female
MMM- all male
FFF- all female
FFM- the females sleep together as well as with the male
FMF- the female do not sleep together, just with the male

message 4: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 350 comments Mod
I'm an menage fanatic! LOL, so I really do like all variations, but I must say that M/M/F is my absolute favorite.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I am liking this pairing and MMM more every time I read another book Menage book :)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments I'm really starting to like the menage genre! I've only read mmf books though, I of course wouldn't mind reading the other parts of the menage genre.

message 7: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

I started with m/f/m thinking I wouldn't mind being a part of a hot man sandwich and then started getting into the m/m/f. I never thought I'd like m/f/f until I read Babysitting the Baumgartners which I think is essential reading for anyone who likes m/f/f or someone who is curious!

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments So that title is probably good for someone who wants start reading the m/f/f part of the menage genre?

message 9: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

Gabrielle ~ Bhlack Benehvolence ~ wrote: "So that title is probably good for someone who wants start reading the m/f/f part of the menage genre?"

yep, but watch out, it's SUPER steamy!!!!!

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments Thanks Sassy! I'll keep it in mind! Besides me likey steamy!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I'm curious :) I loved BTB and stayed very wet and hot reading that book. Any Kitt book really. I haven't started the next Baumgartner title yet. Perhaps it's romance break time and some smut galore time :)

message 12: by Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (last edited Sep 20, 2011 11:05AM) (new)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments Sassy and Miss Kenjii? Have you ever herd of an f/f book called Bite with Height? by Lucy Felthouse?

message 13: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

I haven't heard of that one Gabrielle.

I'll have to look into it though.

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments It's only an f/f novel so I hope you like those! Ms. Felthouse has also got another one coming out called Weekend at Wilderhope Manor, this isn't out until next month though.

message 15: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Sep 21, 2011 06:56AM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I have heard of Lucy Felthouse. In fact I read a novella of hers in a Miranda Forbes lesbian erotica anthology. I have read Paisly Smith. She writes f/f. It def is just as hot as reading m/m, menage or any other erotic theme. Two females are sexy too :)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments I'll keep that in mind! I have like three f/f novels on my nook but I haven't read any of them yet.

message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 15, 2012 09:34PM) (new)

A MMF book I really liked was Necklace of Shame by Carol Lynne. (Ellora's Cave)
I guess I liked it because it had a really interesting romantic suspense story as well as a strong moving three way love story and sex scenes.
The one flaw in the book is that she could have explained the villain's motivation which she doesn't bother with.

message 18: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

I really like Carol Lynne, so I'll have to look out for that one Lisa.

Thanks!

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments I just got done reading a menage book called Small Town Siren that was really good it's by Sophie Oak.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

It's actually an old one Sassafrass available from Ellora's cave. I bought it long ago, when it was a new release, but it's one that always stuck in my mind compared to more forgettable ones.

message 21: by Kasi (new)

Kasi Alexander (kasialexander) | 1 comments I agree with the above two, Sophie Oak books are great. I have read several of them (including Small Town Siren) and they have all been very good. I would highly recommend any of them. I think the Bliss books are my favorite so far.

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments I think I might be familiar with Carol Lynne what other books does she write?