Young Liberals discussion

Debates and Topics > Abortion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 126 (126 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) What are your thoughts? Some of you know me and know I am pro-life...

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) No I just joined your group... Sh just gave me the link first...

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) Yes yes I know... Ha ha...

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) I didn't!!!!!! I just didn't have the name or link to your group!! *cries*

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) *stops fake crying* I love making people think I'm crying... It's fun to see their reaction... It might be a good idea to just quit both groups... I don't know...

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) Well why not?

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) I said BOTH...

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) Because apparently you only wanna make me cry and make me sad... Well try to anyways...

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) Maybe I should quit... I'll think about it but let's debate...

*Mrs. Brightside* Haha. I think abortion isn't bad

message 11: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) Ha ha... Abortion is killing a human being

message 12: by The Fox Princess (last edited Oct 04, 2010 06:10PM) (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) Murder is bad, no?

message 13: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) It is not the point... There are people who are not able to feel but does that mean we should give them to the serial killers over people who can feel just because they wouldn't go through pain?

message 14: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) Same... Should we give people who can't feel to any kind of phsyco killer? Some wo likes to btk people? What about people who have alzheimers? Should we give them to the phsycos too because they can't remember?

message 15: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) He remebers things now but (I'm not trying to be mean or insensitive because I know how you feel and I am truely sorry) but He will forget as it progresses... Which I am so sorry about...

message 16: by Emily (new)

Emily | 15 comments Lindsay wrote: "I don't think there are such things as "gray zones". You're either black or white. There is no in between."

How can you even say that?

message 17: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) Lindsay: Basic Biology proves you wrong. A young human growing in her mothers womb has a unique gentic code and may even have a different blood type. If the baby is aboy the gender is obviously different.

message 18: by The Fox Princess (last edited Oct 04, 2010 06:53PM) (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) So does that mean that your mother/father/gaurdian should be able to kill you or send you off because you live under their roof?

message 19: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) But they are your host and you eat the food they privide and use them...

message 20: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) Well yes you do because without their bodies they couldn't work and make money and buy food for you...

message 21: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) Not missing the point... I got it but you didn't specify good enough so... I kept going... abortion is not a civilized responce to an unexpected pregnancy...

*Mrs. Brightside* Yup.

message 23: by Nathan (new)

Nathan It is true that I don't think girls should think that it's alright to not use birth control because they can always just get an abortion.

No one thinks that. Abortions aren't cheap, easy, or comfortable. People get them because they need to get them, not because they said "Should I take my pill? Awww screw it. I can always get an abortion next weekend if I get pregnant."

message 24: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) About the girl getting raped, that is not an excuse either...

*Mrs. Brightside* The Fox Princess wrote: "About the girl getting raped, that is not an excuse either..."

How?

message 26: by Nathan (new)

Nathan About the girl getting raped, that is not an excuse either...

You're right. The reason is because a girl doesn't need an excuse. Rape or no rape, she has the right to get an abortion.

message 27: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) Would you take the death sentence for your father if he raped and killed 150 girls?

*Mrs. Brightside* Nathan wrote: "About the girl getting raped, that is not an excuse either...

You're right. The reason is because a girl doesn't need an excuse. Rape or no rape, she has the right to get an abortion."

Oh, okay.

message 29: by Nathan (last edited Oct 04, 2010 07:39PM) (new)

Nathan Would you take the death sentence for your father if he raped and killed 150 girls?

First of all, that isn't what is happening in the case of abortion. Second of all, you are about to say that is a bad thing despite the fact that you are a Christian. Isn't that what Jesus did? He took a death sentence for other people's sins? Lastly, if you are asking me if my mother was raped if I would be okay with her aborting me before I had consciousness or even existed as more than a glob of cells if it would make it easier for her to deal with that traumatic event, the answer is yes.

message 30: by Athena (new)

Athena I'm against abortion. It's just not right. It not. I mean if people really want it, *shrug* who am I to tell them off. But abortion is murder if you think about. Murder to something that hasn't even had the chance to actually liveD yet. :(

message 31: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Murder to something that hasn't even had the chance to actually liveD yet.

Then it isn't murder. How can you murder something that hasn't lived yet?

message 32: by Nathan (new)

Nathan He "payed our debt".

My point is that she is about to say that that type of action is wrong, as nearly all Christians do. But then she will say that Jesus did the exact same thing.

message 33: by Athena (new)

Athena *sigh* it's just a point of view. Even if it's not technically 'alive' babies are beautiful things, and killing them is just... Wrong.

But again, if someone REALLY wants an abortion, it's not my place to stop them. I don't have to like it though.

message 34: by Nathan (new)

Nathan we it is technically alive..it is technically murder however that is what makes it a gray zone.

It isn't murder. It is killing, not murder. You are ending the life of a glob of cells, not a sentient being.

message 35: by Athena (new)

Athena But that 'glob of cells' don't want to be killed! And that's murder! I don't care if it hasn't got a head or body yet, it's still murder in my point of view.

message 36: by Nathan (new)

Nathan *sigh* it's just a point of view. Even if it's not technically 'alive' babies are beautiful things, and killing them is just... Wrong.

Globs of cells aren't babies. And you haven't made an argument, you have made an assertion. If you can't back up your opinion with actual facts and arguments, don't bother stating it. Saying something is "just wrong" doesn't make it wrong. I could say, "Eating sushi is just wrong. It just is WRONG." That argument is about as convincing as yours. That is to say, not convincing at all.

message 37: by Athena (new)

Athena *grumbles* ya I guess. *sigh* never mind. I'm just saying though... *leaves topic*

message 38: by The Fox Princess (new)

The Fox Princess (thefoxprincess) No I am trying to say that the baby-to-be shouldnt have to punsihed because of what the father did...

message 39: by Nathan (new)

Nathan yeah sure

Wow, are you reverting back to your old style where you don't make arguments and just make snide comments instead? How disappointing.

message 40: by Nathan (new)

Nathan But that 'glob of cells' don't want to be killed! And that's murder! I don't care if it hasn't got a head or body yet, it's still murder in my point of view.

Glob of cells don't want anything at all. They don't have brains and you haven't made a valid argument.

message 41: by Nathan (new)

Nathan No I am trying to say that the baby-to-be shouldnt have to punsihed because of what the father did...

So the woman who was raped should have to be punished by having to endure the pregnancy?

message 42: by Nathan (new)

Nathan The period goes inside the quotation marks.

message 43: by Athena (new)

Athena Damn it. Well nether do I. Teehee but I delete it. :P

message 44: by Athena (new)

message 45: by Athena (new)

Athena I'm not religious I was just making a point

message 46: by Athena (new)

Athena Girl4beluga wrote: "Athena kamalei wrote: "This isn't god. :P

http://dutyisours.com/abortion.htm"

yes it is"

*grumbles* damn it.

message 47: by Athena (new)

Athena I didn't see that. Bleck why does everything have to do with God now a days?

http://www.knowswhy.com/why-is-aborti...

Someone check this for me.

message 48: by Athena (new)

Athena Girl4beluga wrote: "Athena kamalei wrote: "I'm not religious I was just making a point"

So a non religious person (are you agnostic or spiritual) is using Scripture????? Why would you think that is a good idea"

I'm more spiritual. My dad is religious though. But I don't live with him. My mom is spiritual.

message 49: by Athena (new)

Athena *screams in frustration*
I give up. Ignore all the sites. I'm to lazy to delete them.

message 50: by Athena (new)

Athena Ya I know.

« previous 1 3