Graceling Roleplay discussion

Characters > Monster Characters

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla, Look at my awesomely awesome profile pic, guys! *fangirl scream* (new)

Kayla | 870 comments Mod
I know what you're thinking. But these aren't the big, hairy, scary monsters. These monsters look and talk exactly like normal humans/animals, except for one feature - their color. For example, a dappled gray horse is a normal horse - a midnight blue horse is a monster horse. For humans, the only thing that looks off is their hair.
For this roleplay you will be making human monsters, but you can make some animals too. The powers that all monsters have are as follows: They have amazing beauty, so that even a glance at one can make a normal human want to kiss them, touch them, and be with them forever. It's addicting. Many people act unconsciously and can't control themselves in the presence of one. Even Gracelings are affected as much as normal humans. They also have the ability to inject thoughts into another person's mind, and to basically control them with that.
The character form is:
Name:
Appearance: (a link please, no formatted photos and i would prefer if it wasn't a written description. you can post a picture of a normal human and then tell us what their hair color is.)
Personality: Please, at least a couple complete sentences.
Interest: Are they for human life and don't like their nature, or do they take advantage of it?
Skills: Not the typical controlling people. Stuff like archery, good with a sword, climbing, running.
Other:
((I guess you can put something about a mate or crush, but they typically don't stay with one person.))
Oh, and when a monster breeds with a non-monster, the resulting child is always a monster.

message 2: by SpazzyJazzy (last edited Oct 04, 2010 06:12PM) (new)

SpazzyJazzy Name: Seth
Appearance: http://www.punkglobe.com/images/miked... 'Cept he has rainbow black hair with cobalt blue streaks.
Personality: Seth has an air of confidence about him, although arrogant would be a more precise description, flaunting everything and anything. He will go out of his way to annoy you, simply because he really does have nothing better to do with his time. He can be somewhat reasonable, and a civilized conversation with him is possible, but it's those he doesn't know or doesn't particularly like he tends to be blunt with. You'll know if he despises your attitude. Tending to stay out of arguments, but always egging on females when they get into fights, Seth will either be your voice of reason or your worst nightmare. Despite all his antics, he's a surprisingly good lsitener so long as nobody tries to pry into his personal business.
Interest: Seth tends to take adavnatage of it. He uses his influence over others for his own purposes, or just for his own enetertainment.
Skills: Seth seems to be an expert when using a sword, and he's also fairly good at long-distance running. He can be a bit of a sprinter sometimes, but that's only on the rather odd occasion.
Truth Box Other: Jazzy is Awesome Nope.

message 3: by Kayla, Look at my awesomely awesome profile pic, guys! *fangirl scream* (new)

Kayla | 870 comments Mod
Name: Scara

Appearance: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...
His hair is gold with streaks of forest green

Personality: Shallow, but he's a real talker to the ladies. He tends to not really care about others.

Interest: He tends to use his power for his own benefit.

Skills: Archery

Other: He enjoys being in multiple relationships...

Mate/Crush: None.

message 4: by Kayla, Look at my awesomely awesome profile pic, guys! *fangirl scream* (new)

Kayla | 870 comments Mod
Oh! I see her! Should she ride up with Scara? You can add her in in the roleplay.
My computer did the no new posts thingie. :P

message 5: by Syeira-la, *Is feeding Man-Eating Turtle the souls of dead Mary-Sues* (new)

Syeira-la | 703 comments Mod
Ahhhh, I have to make some. Frick, I should have made Caleb a monster - it would have totally suited him better than Gifted-ness.

message 6: by Kayla, Look at my awesomely awesome profile pic, guys! *fangirl scream* (new)

Kayla | 870 comments Mod
Haha.

message 7: by Syeira-la, *Is feeding Man-Eating Turtle the souls of dead Mary-Sues* (new)

Name: Kyou

Appearance: (I spit in the face of pictures. Pictures are for lazies. ;) ) Kyou has a medium build for someone of his age that's not outwardly bulky or very muscular, but hardened muscles are hidden beneath his average build. His skin is laced with numerous, pale scars that blend in with his pale skin and his hands are tough and callused from a nomadic life and the work he does. As for his head, he has long, unruly hair that nearly covers his eyes and gives 'cobalt blue' a new meaning. Normal cobalt blue is nothing special as it's just black with a blue tint to it in the sunshine, but Kyou's hair takes that to another level. Without light it's just a normal black, but it doesn't even take direct light or un-clouded sunshine to give it into a dazzling midnight blue hue that's impossible to miss. Even the smallest hint of light draws out the color. That's one reason he likes to travel by night, though; he can pretend to be normal since moonlight can only do so much to make the blue really shine.

Personality: Kyou's a serious guy and kind of dark in personality, but he has a tendency to lighten up considerably without much prodding at all. He doesn't speak a whole lot and he's just generally quiet, excluding the times when he is angry. He's not easy to get to know, but easy to love once you become friends with him. He has a knack for saying funny things that you wouldn't expect from him and when he's feeling comfortable and with company he likes he seems to be perpetually amused. He's incredibly loyal to his friends as well and the person to trust in any situation though he's suspicious of people in general. He's a bit overprotective as well and quick to spring to action once someone he is close to is
threatened. When he is angered or jumps into a fight it is clear that he is a fierce person; he's not soft at all but rather has a very fiery personality that is easily inflamed. He hardly deals with annoyance but jumps right to fury and never lets grudges go. He enjoys fighting in general and never backs down, which gets him into plenty of sticky situations. That's partly because of his very driven and determined attitude that also leads to him being the catalyst of most situations, good and bad.

Interest: He hates his nature, frankly, and despises his appearance and the prejudices that come along with it. He doesn't hate himself, though; he knows that it's not his fault and just deals with it. This isn't to say that he never takes advantage of everything that comes with being a monster, though.

Skills: Combat in general

Other:

message 8: by Kayla, Look at my awesomely awesome profile pic, guys! *fangirl scream* (new)

Kayla | 870 comments Mod
Cool!

message 9: by Syeira-la, *Is feeding Man-Eating Turtle the souls of dead Mary-Sues* (new)

Thanks. :3 Now a way to jump in.

message 10: by Kayla, Look at my awesomely awesome profile pic, guys! *fangirl scream* (new)

Kayla | 870 comments Mod
Haha. He could roleplay with my character whatever-her-name-is, but I have to go soon.

message 11: by Syeira-la, *Is feeding Man-Eating Turtle the souls of dead Mary-Sues* (new)

Ok, who and where is she?

message 12: by Kayla, Look at my awesomely awesome profile pic, guys! *fangirl scream* (new)

Kayla | 870 comments Mod
Um... she's... somewhere... and her name is... something... XD

message 13: by Syeira-la, *Is feeding Man-Eating Turtle the souls of dead Mary-Sues* (new)

*Claps*

message 14: by Kayla, Look at my awesomely awesome profile pic, guys! *fangirl scream* (new)

Kayla | 870 comments Mod
LOL. *grins* *gets serious* Okay, her name is Alicia, and I don't remember where she is but just come up to her and don't specify the place. I have to go now, though.

message 15: by Syeira-la, *Is feeding Man-Eating Turtle the souls of dead Mary-Sues* (new)

*Sniffle* Bye!

message 16: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy *Glomps Sy* I'm here, though! *Cough*44 mintues later*Cough*

message 17: by Syeira-la, *Is feeding Man-Eating Turtle the souls of dead Mary-Sues* (new)

HEYYYYY. Your character should ambush Kyou or something so I have someone to rp with. *Sad pleading eyes* Look, I even spared you the :< face.

message 18: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy Argh! It's the face! *Hides behind potato sacks*

Ambush Kyou? Psssssssh. How bout they glomp them just to be annoying? :P

message 19: by Syeira-la, *Is feeding Man-Eating Turtle the souls of dead Mary-Sues* (new)

Ambush can mean glomp. ;) Just hurry your butt over to the rp!

message 20: by Jennifer, *sneezing* (new)

Jennifer | 172 comments Mod
Name: Ashleigh

Appearance: Ashleigh is normal heighted, not too tall, not too short. Her body is built lithe and lean, good for running swiftly and escaping from enemies. Buttery colored and tanned, her skin shines under the sun in a light brown color. Her eyes are a hazel color that has flecks of green and gold in them. As for her hair, it's a chocolate brown with streaks of gold-silvery colors. Under the sun, her hair may seem to reflect off light, tending to blind some people.

Personality: At first glance, Ashleigh may seem like a typical teenager. She can be pretty suspicious and wary of strangers and other monsters like her. It's not easy for her to trust others, and she tends to be outcasted from groups, which is fine with her. She tends to be more of a shy person, roaming around in her nomadic ways freely.

Ashleigh is a typical teenager: easygoing and light-hearted. When amoungst a group, she enjoys herself with laughter. Ashleigh can be sarcastic at times, and stubborn like a mule. Her ways can be unchanging, and it's hard to get her to change her mind. She's like a wolf: intent on catching her prey.

She can get hostile when angry, and may lose her temper. Once her temperment has reached boiling point, she will explode and become really aggressive. It's hard to regain her forgiveness once you have failed or angered her.Trust is one thing she finds to be hard. She thinks trust is useless. Trust makes you look like you are weak and can't fend for yourself.

Ashleigh can be overprotective of her possessions, or anything she finds valuable or worth protecting. Her fierce nature will make her almost never back down from a challange. She welcomes a challenge or dare proudly. If forced to retreat or back off, she'll do it with pride, as if she planned on doing it the whole time.

She tends to forget about the past easily, and look ahead instead. Ashleigh is not the type to mourn about something that happened or affected her. Her motto (if she had one) would be to live and forget.

Interest: She doesn't really care about life. Ashleigh takes life as it is, not really caring what happens. She tends to forget about the past and look at the future.

Skills: Running quickly/dodging things

Other: