Warhammer 40,000 Fiction discussion

Thousand Sons: spoilers

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Davis (keamymayloken) | 61 comments Your thoughts on the book Thousand Sons.
I think it was personally one of the most interesting heresy books I've read. This was the first time I actually thought that a Primarch viewed his legion as his "sons" I also liked his arrogance his hubris, to me he REALLY made me imagine they emperor as a much younger man, arrogant idiot.
The Thousand Sons as a legion where pretty good fighting, personally anyone who can for see the future or shot lighting is good in my book.

message 2: by Steve (new)

Steve Chaput (stevec50) | 35 comments I got four Horus Heresy books for Christmas, A Thousand Sons among them. Going to have to read a few other before reaching it, but am looking forward to it from all I've heard.

Michael Alexander | 4 comments I loved this book so much. One of my favorite Heresy books. Was great to actually see the Council of Nikea take place among other things.

message 4: by Tim (new)

Tim | 29 comments Michael Alexander wrote: "I loved this book so much. One of my favorite Heresy books. Was great to actually see the Council of Nikea take place among other things."

I agree! Had always heard of Nikea and I was really excited for them to finally let us be present for it.

message 5: by David (new)

David Wuensche (davidwuensche) | 1 comments Anyone hunt for numerological references in 1K Sons? I've seen so many in the previous books that I went nuts in this one. I made a related post last year on Bolter & Chainsword, but I'll c/p a few observations here:

Ahriman spots Mortarion taking 28 steps to the podium in chapter nineteen. 4 times Nurgle's chaos number and 2 times the Death Guard Legion's number.

The starting chapter on Nikaea just happens to be #18 itself, which is double the number of Tzeentch.

Amon, Magnus' first companion on Prospero, just happens to be the Captain of the 9th fellowship. Amon says little throughout the book, but seems constantly present and serves as an observer, even more so than the remembrancers. Amon is also the name of a deity, a demon, and a king in various parts of human history. Makes me wonder if the fellow might just be Tzeentch, or an individual aspect, in a mortal disguise

Magnus' story in chapter 17 is particularly interesting. As he goes about cataloging the rocks of the fallen statue, I couldn't help but think of an experiment that I'd heard of a long time ago. If you were to take a bag of 100 marbles, spill them out onto the floor, you could easily find the shape of any person in history by choosing a particular angle and excluding some marbles while highlighting others.

Ahriman finds 1242 members of the 1KSons at the end of the book. The sum of those digits is 9, and is furthermore divisible perfectly by 9 to make 138. 138 has prime factors of 2, 3, and 23, which is just plain weird.