The Breakfast Club discussion

Current Reads > A Homemade Life Week 2...

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leti, Former President (new)

Leti Elizabeth (thebrandstylist) | 49 comments Mod
Its week two dolls! I think everyone has messaged that they got the book by now. So hopefully you wne ahead and posted on our first topic and did the little homework assignment. Here's topic two!

Molly defines happiness as "a pan of slow-roasted tomatoes" (p. 189). Can something specific and tangible define happiness? If so, what defines happiness for you?

Homework: Do one thing this week that makes you extremely happy whether it be baking your fave pie or taking your friend out to a cafe for gossip time over cupcakes OR by the end of the week, think back on what occurred during the week that made you very happy about life. Come back here to share the story.

message 2: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 37 comments Mod
To me happiness is mixing up a batch of cupcakes or cookies. It instantly destresses me and also lifts my mood. I love that feeling. Another thing that I would say defines happiness to me is when you bake something and then give it to somewhere and just seeing the smile on their face as they enjoy that little treat is an amazing feeling.

message 3: by Leti, Former President (new)

I definitely don't think anything tangible can define happiness per se, but I certainly know that a culmination of things at any given time make me very happy. I agree with Mandy, there is nothing better than whipping up a batch of cookies, the recipe you already know by heart...the oven's smell wafting throughout the house, everyone scrimmaging to get that first warm gooey bite.

I'm also really happy when I can talk to a boy I like and he likes me too. It may be cliche and girly, but well, I am very cliche and girly. And honestly, love does feel like the warm ooey center of a fresh baked cookie doesn't it? :)

message 4: by Leti, Former President (new)

Oh right, for the homework! Its the end of the week, kinda, and I don't think anything this weekend will top last night. I was uber happy last night. I got to spend hours with my new friends from English class, one of them is a boy I really like, not necessarily like a crush, but just infatuation. He makes me laugh...hard. And the other two, well we had an impromtu sundae party at Baskin Robbins and spent an hour gossiping and snorting our whipped cream. That...is bliss!

message 5: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 37 comments Mod
This week my favorite thing I did was spend some time with my husband building shelves. Sounds kind of silly but it was a lot of fun. No distractions just hanging out and talking and being silly building shelves. It was amazing!

message 6: by Deandra (new)

Deandra (deandraayu) | 14 comments Well, I just joined and it's the end of the week already! hahaha I didn't do anything in purpose to make me happy, but just my luck I get the day off from my job today and I spent in all day in bed, reading meg cabot's mediator series, drooling in every romantic scene. well, I feel quite happy now and relaxed. :)

Oh, Leti, sundae party at Baskin Robbins is a bliss!

Mandy, I saw you and your husband picture @ your blog and you guys are reallyy cute couple! aaah, it's nice to spend some quality time with our dearest one, isn't it?

message 7: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 37 comments Mod
Deardna, thanks! It is amazing to be able to spend time with him and always have a blast. He's my best friend. :)

message 8: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelseaalysse) I want to join in this weeks homework, but this week was terrible... :( Literally, nothing good came out of it. I sound so pessimistic (I'm not usually, promise!). It's just my dog passed away after being hit by a car...I was out looking for her when it happened to...So needless to say nothing good really. Maybe the fact that I have an amazing boyfriend that went and her for me while I sat bawling in the middle of the street? No, not a great week.

message 9: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 37 comments Mod
oh chelsea that's terrible! i hope next week is better for you! it is good that you have a great boyfriend to be there for you. we are all here for you too!

message 10: by Basht (new)

Basht Chelsea, I'm sending you tons of Hugs and happy thoughts.
This week happiness was found in letting my daughter play with flour and a rolling pin while i was making doughnuts.
I also got to take a little boys fall photographs, which meant i got to play in leaves and roll on the ground and take pictures. What better way is there to spend a warm autumn day?

message 11: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelseaalysse) Thanks a ton you guys, it means a lot to me <3

message 12: by Deandra (new)

Deandra (deandraayu) | 14 comments oh Chelsea, that's horrible! I'm an only child and spend most of my childhood playing with my dogs so i can totally relate to you. sending you lots of happy thoughts. Hope this week will be a better week for you!

message 13: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelseaalysse) I'm an only child as well ha. It's gotten better I still miss her bunches, but I've learned to not take my other two dogs for granted. They're constantly by my side now. The mommy (it was her baby that got hit) is still sad though...It kills me to see her just sit on the couch and think when she's usually the type to follow you around and cuddle up next to you. I know it seems weird but I know she's sad, I can just tell in her eyes :(

message 14: by Leti, Former President (new)

Oh Chelsea I am late, but I want to say I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! I cant even imagine. I am glad you are feeling a bit better, but that is heartbreaking about momma dog. Hope she feels better too. Sending lots of love your way for all 3! And virtual cupcakes too :)

xoxo