SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Para-Themed TV Shows & Movies > TV: Lost Girl [Cancelled]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments I spotted this while poking around IMDB. (Don't laugh! Their iPhone/iPad apps are awesome!)

Show: "Lost Girl"
Airing in: Canada
Premise, per IMDB: Lost Girl focuses on the gorgeous and charismatic Bo, a supernatural being called a succubus who feeds on the energy of humans, sometimes with fatal results. Refusing to embrace her supernatural clan and its rigid hierarchy, Bo is a renegade who takes up the fight for the underdog while searching for the truth about her own mysterious origins.

Ok, so not many people will be able to watch it, but still ... thought it fit with our group theme and happy to see more supe shows trying to make a go of it. :)

message 2: by Hmr28 (new)

Hmr28 | 5 comments Sounds interesting. I found the whole series so far online at the official site. I'll watch it later this week and let you know how it is.

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments Great! I've been wondering if anyone was watching this one. Sounded good. Look forward to your thoughts on it.

message 4: by new_user (new)

new_user <3 Lost Girl! UF fans, must watch. Sidekick's witty and funny, heroine's got relationship troubles and adventures. I didn't think I would like it, but the first ep ended up so much like a UF, I had to continue. Also, the love interest is cute. ;)

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments Yay! Thanks for the rec, NU! I'll keep an eye out for it.

message 6: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments I'm watching this right now. Love the sidekick and I'm jealous of Bo doing bedroom gymnastics with the hot (view spoiler). <---minor spoiler

message 7: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments I've missed them and didn't get to watch. I'll have to look for the DVDs. Ooooh, bedroom gymnastics with the hot .... I wanna peek! LOL!

message 8: by Renee (new)

Renee B. (fictionalpursuit) | 17 comments I've been following this series from the start. It's pretty good and doesn't hold back on her being a succubus. :D What better way to heal yourself than to get it on with other sexy paranormals? x)

message 9: by Vivian (last edited Feb 22, 2012 01:05AM) (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments This is my new favorite show! I'm so excited they started playing it in the States. As far as bedroom gymnastics, it's pretty H-O-T, I don't even know what would happen if it was created for an HBO-type cable channel, lol.

The only slight issue I have is calling every supernatural being under the sun Fae. Just me being particular though, still love it :D

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate (ficthoughts) | 461 comments Dyson... He's all kinds of sexy. So is Bo.

And Kenzi cracks me up. Best sidekick ever.

message 11: by Renee (new)

Renee B. (fictionalpursuit) | 17 comments Kate wrote: "Dyson... He's all kinds of sexy. So is Bo.

And Kenzi cracks me up. Best sidekick ever."

Dyson. <3 The outcome of his deal with the Norn broke my heart. But I'm enjoying Bo's parade of men so I can put that aside for now.

message 12: by Renee (new)

Renee B. (fictionalpursuit) | 17 comments Season 2 just ended and I'm glad they introduced the redcaps. I first learned about 'em in the Iron Fey series. Can't wait to see what other Fae they'll come up with. x)

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments I started watching Lost Girl and it's interesting and entertaining, I'm around Episode 6 or something of Season 1 so will keep watching :)

message 14: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments This one wasn't an instant favorite for me. But, the more I watched the more I liked it. Dyson ... me-yow! And, I LOVE Kenzi. I'm anxious for S3 to start.

message 15: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments Found out S03 starts @ 6 Jan 2013. Seems it's being run on Syfy and Showcase (CA) at the same time? Not sure about that though.

message 16: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments Steph wrote: "Found out S03 starts @ 6 Jan 2013. Seems it's being run on Syfy and Showcase (CA) at the same time? Not sure about that though."

This makes me happy. This show was one of my favorite discoveries. I just bought season 1 on DVD.

message 17: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments I started watching late also and fell in love quickly. Cannot wait for S03! :D

message 18: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 2098 comments Why oh why did I wait so long?!? I recorded all the episodes (30 or so) from Syfy on my DVR and finally started watching them this week. I'm really enjoying this so far. Now I have to have a major marathon to get caught up before the next season begins.

message 19: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments I love Kenzi and hubbahubba, baby, but Dyson is hot. That said, I love Bo too. Fun series. I am so excited about S03. Glad you're enjoying it, Daffodil!

message 20: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments The first two seasons back to back was a bit much for me (watched on Syfy) but after a break, I'm ready for S3!

Steph said:"I love Kenzi and hubbahubba, baby, but Dyson is hot. That said, I love Bo too."

Agreed!

message 21: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments :D

message 22: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments It's back! Who watched the S03 premiere? What'd ya think?

(view spoiler)

Once again, Kenzi stole the show (for me), even though she had limited screen time.

(view spoiler)

message 23: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments It's not back for us in the US until next week so gotta wait a little longer. I've grown to love Kenzi! I was a little wary of her the very first couple episodes but the show would not be the same without her :)

message 24: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments Ah. Pop back once you've watched and lemme know what you thought of it, yah?

I wondered where they'd go with Kenzi's character in the beginning too. And, I definitely agree the show wouldn't be the same without her. She so spunky. :D

message 25: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 2098 comments Monday night on Syfy!

It starts along with 2 other shows:

The new season of Being Human (US)
Premiere of Continuum -- looks like it might be an interesting show. Cop from the future travels back to present to stop future terrorist from changing her timeline.

message 26: by Audrey (new)

Audrey Cook Kolbek (audreykol) I watched S1 & S2 on Netfix and loved it! I watch them back to back ... I can't wait to see S3! Kenzi has become my favorite character with her witty lines. She cracks me up. Dyson is a major hottie and Bo is pretty great, too. I just hope that Bo and Dyson get back together!!

message 27: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments How'd ya like it, Daffodil?

I loved the UK version of Being Human, which I saw first. I just couldn't connect with the characters/actors in the US version and stopped watching. Don't get the UK version here though. I watched Continuum S01 last year. Funny what odd programing we have here. It was decent. I like the premise and would be interested to see where they take the storyline in the next season.

I hope so too, Audrey. :D

message 28: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 2098 comments Monday night was a difficult night to decide what to watch. Bones & Castle vs the Syfy lineup. I Recorded Lost Girl & Being Human, but watched Continuum. It was a decent start and left me with some intriguing questions.

message 29: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments Love Castle!

message 30: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 2098 comments Repeats are almost as great as the originals -- TNT has started showing earlier syndicated seasons of Castle and it's kind of nice to go back and watch the early years.

What's difficult on an otherwise slow TV night? -- choosing between a Castle episode block on TNT and an NCIS episode block on USA. Castle. Gibbs. Castle. Tony. Castle. McGee. Decisions, decisions. LOL.

message 31: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments LOL. I love Castle, Tony and Gibbs. *headslap*

message 32: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments LOL! Love all those boys!

message 33: by Marla (new)

Marla | 215 comments I like Dyson and Kenzi too. Isn't it strange that Bo is the main character and no one has mentioned her much. I am not impressed with Lauren and Bo together...go back to the wolf!

My biggest problem is I can only watch it when no one else is around, my hubby hates the show and it's kind of racy for my girls.

message 34: by S.L.J. (new)

S.L.J. (sammyslj) | 41 comments I completely forgot about this show and have now finally caught back up with it. I forgot how much fun it was. I like the new Valkyrie girl. She's mysterious and sassy. Vex is funny as well.

message 35: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments I agree, Marla. I wanna see more Bo and Dyson!

SLJ, I didn't care for the Valkyrie initially, but she's growing on me. I'm interested to see (view spoiler)

message 36: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Steph, I am so curious about your spoiler too! Last episode I saw, (view spoiler)

Marla, I'm with you on the wolf. Team Dyson all the way! Lauren is kinda blah in comparison.

message 37: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments Valkyrie: (view spoiler)

Lauren: (view spoiler)

Kenzi: (view spoiler)

I'm Team Dyson too! :D

message 38: by Vivian (last edited Apr 06, 2013 10:29PM) (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Valkyrie: (view spoiler)

Lauren:(view spoiler)

Kenzi:(view spoiler)

message 39: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments I'm with ya all the way, Vivian! Definitely agree and think you're right on the money in regards to your Valkyrie notes. Ditto that re: Lauren. And, I agree with your thoughts on Kenzi, though I'd love to (view spoiler)

message 40: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments Yes, I'm curious too. (view spoiler)

message 41: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments Absolutely! :)

Danielle Book Boss (daniellebookboss) | 1009 comments Did anyone watch tonight? What did you think?

message 43: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments It starts in 5 minutes where I am!

message 44: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29293 comments I watched it. I liked it okay. I am dyin' to know who he is and now we gotta wait till 2014. :( I'm hoping for more Dyson in the new year as well. ;)

message 45: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments Steph wrote: "I watched it. I liked it okay. I am dyin' to know who he is and now we gotta wait till 2014. :( I'm hoping for more Dyson in the new year as well. ;)"

100% agree with this. Especially the more Dyson part. There was definitely not enough Dyson this season.

Jeann (Happy Indulgence)  (happyindulgence) | 1151 comments I stopped watching after Season 1 finished. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't one of my TO WATCH every week shows. Should I continue the series?

message 47: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments I personally love it Jeann. It's cheesy for sure, but there's something about it that I love. I bought both seasons 1 and 2 on DVD and will buy season 3 when it comes out. It's not the best show out there or anything, but I'm totally hooked.

message 48: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments This is one of those shows I can go weeks without watching but when I finally get around to it, I usually really like it, some episodes more than others.

The finale was a bit of a letdown. I was expecting a little more excitement and answers. This wanderer needs to show his face. And looks like Kenzi is finding some trouble, we might get to see her (view spoiler)

More Dyson is never a bad thing ;)

message 49: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 1183 comments I was really surprised that this episode was the finale. I don't know why, but I thought season 3 was going to be 22 episodes like season 2 was.

Danielle Book Boss (daniellebookboss) | 1009 comments I love this show but it does have it's issues. It always seems to build things up for 4 or 5 episodes at a time and the climax ends up being really underwhelming. I want to see more Dyson and definitely more Hale. (view spoiler) I'd like to see that play out.

« previous 1