Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Previous BRs - Authors; U - Z > Ward, J.R. - Crave (October 3 2010)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments This topic is open for discussion of Crave by J.R. Ward. It is the second book of The Fallen Angels series. Be prepared for spoilers.

Crave (The Fallen Angels, #2) by J.R. Ward

message 2: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Just picked up my copy today. Hopefully will get to read it soon.

message 3: by Lisarenee (last edited Oct 05, 2010 04:43PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Amazon is listing my copy as sent. I have a sneaking suspicion that they shipped it with my books that came out on the 28th. Maybe tomorrow. Both were shipped this weekend. I love the cover.

message 4: by Katherine (new)

Katherine I hope you get it soon. Yes the cover is great.

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) Trying to force my library into purchasing it since I don't want to pay for it.

message 6: by Lisarenee (last edited Oct 16, 2010 07:01AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments ********************Beginning of Big Time Spoilers*************
  SEVEN DEADLY SINS 

1 Greed - always wanting more and never being satisfied Covet - Heaven 1 / Hell 0 (Vin)

2 Vengence/Wrath – the act of wanting and taking revenge Crave - Heaven 1 / Hell 1 (Matthias)

3 Lust – having an intense desire or need usually of a sexual nature

4 Laziness/Sloth – being generally lazy

5 Gluttony – eating and/or drinking in excess

6 Envy – wanting what someone else has

7 Pride - being proud and thinking a little too highly of oneself

message 7: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments So I finished Crave. How did it get its name?

"In a hoarse, hungry voice, she breathed, "I crave you...."" said by Devina to Jim

So in the battle of good against evil, the bad guys won this round. I did not see the Matthias twist coming. Totally took me by surprise. Anyone see this one coming?

Devina is a very creepy character. I don't know about anyone else, but I was glad Jim didn't open his eyes to see what Devina looked like. I didn't want that image sticking around. In the beginning of this book it said she was an "it". Not female nor male just genderless. She could turn either male or female depending on the form she took.

The love story between Isaac and Grier was fun.

The death of Daniel was sad. Grier's dad's off handed involvement was awful. For a while I wondered if the XOps had maybe gotten Daniel hooked on drugs. But alas Daniel created his own initial problem. The ghostly haunting of his sister was interesting. I kind of like it.

The whole "no leaving" mentality of XOps kind of reminded me of the song Hotel California....You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave. The song kind of danced in my head as I was reading.

Adrian & Eddie and the red head????? So not Angel like.

Okay does anyone have a clue as to why these guys are called fallen Angels? Jim dies and automatically becomes a fallen Angel? I'm wondering if fallen actually refers to the fact that they are hanging out here on earth. Another theory I have is they need to earn their permanent status. Kind of "earn their of wings" even though they already have them and are in fact Angels? I wonder if Ward explains on her website? Must go check. If I find anything I'll post it.

What did you think of Angels using spells? I would have thought they could just will something into place. Interesting.

message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Lisarenee wrote: "********************Beginning of Big Time Spoilers*************
SEVEN DEADLY SINS

1 Greed - always wanting more and never being satisfied Covet - Heaven 1 / Hell 0 (Vin)

2 ..."

Love this, thanks for making the list. Do we know when the next book is going to be released and what it is called?

message 9: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I couldn't find anything on the release or name on her website of the next book in the Fallen Angels series. Wikipedia and Amazon had nothing as well.

message 10: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Starting this today.

message 11: by exxcentrica (new)

exxcentrica SPOILERS

I was a little confused for the first 100 pages or so but the plots tightened up after that and it was VERY good. This is going to be like the World Series where its best of seven, so be prepared for Devina (AKA the National League) to win two more times.

message 12: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Kimberly, I've read about 100 pages and making sure I read slow enough so I don't miss any of the plot. It's pretty much in place, so now the fun should begin. I'm hoping the good guys win in the end. :)

message 13: by exxcentrica (new)

exxcentrica My money's on the Angels :)

message 14: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Just finished Crave and I have to say that I really liked this one. It had many twist and turns but in the end it had an ending I could live with, with a promise of more to come. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see Isaac in later books.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Crave (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

J.R. Ward (other topics)