Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > anyone familiar with James Schmitz's Telzey stories?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by willaful (new)

willaful I created the series for the Telzey books, but it's kind of confusing, because the stories have been collected in several different volumes. Would appreciate it if someone who knows them well would work on adding the other volumes: http://www.goodreads.com/series/51537...

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael | 262 comments I don't think that H. Beam Piper had anything to do with the Telzey books. They were written by James H. Schmitz.

message 3: by Michael (last edited Oct 03, 2010 03:00AM) (new)

Michael | 262 comments I found another book which I've added to the series: TNT Telzey & Trigger (Federation of the Hub, 2) by James H. Schmitz TNT: Telzey & Trigger, but I don't know where it comes chronologically, so haven't numbered it.

message 4: by Brian (new)

Brian (furicle) | 23 comments Michael wrote: "I don't think that H. Beam Piper had anything to do with the Telzey books. They were written by James H. Schmitz."

Which is too bad, because she'd gotten me all excited there was a series of books by H. Beam Piper I hadn't read! Now I'm crushed... :-)

message 5: by willaful (new)

willaful D'oh! I'd just been checking on the Piper "Little Fuzzy" series and they collided in my brain. Sorry about that!

message 6: by Banjomike (last edited Oct 03, 2010 05:54PM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Part of the problem of putting the Schmitz books into series is that the recent Baen editions have screwed up a lot of the continuity. The 'edits' have changed the names of characters in stories, altered titles, and even added stories to continutities where they never belonged.

I speak as someone who owns all the Schmitz stories in their original magazine and pre-Baen forms as well a few Baens.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael | 262 comments willaful wrote: "D'oh! I'd just been checking on the Piper "Little Fuzzy" series and they collided in my brain. Sorry about that!"

You had a "Brain Crash!" That's funny, Willaful :-D !! I blame Bill Gates on your behalf.

I created a "Fuzzy Sapiens" series a week or so ago - hope you found it OK.

message 8: by willaful (new)

willaful Banjomike, maybe just put an explanation in the description field and forget about the numbering?

The Fuzzies looked good to me. :-)