Harry Potter discussion

Movies > Midnight Release

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments I've never been to a midnight release, so I don't really no how to go about it. But I REALLY want to go the the HP7 Part 1 one.

So how do I do it? (buy tickets and when to show up and stuff)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Well i have never been either.
I'm actually going to the midnight release of hp7 and again the next day.
What i'm doing is just buying the tickets earlier during the day and go there 2 hours before to get a good seat.

message 3: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments lol. okay.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianne wrote: "I've never been to a midnight release, so I don't really no how to go about it. But I REALLY want to go the the HP7 Part 1 one.

So how do I do it? (buy tickets and when to show up and stuff)"

It's on a school night, which stinks for me because I have to go to school the next day, so I don't think I will be able to make it. I guess just 3-D will have to be good enough, unless I offer to pay for my dad too. Yes, my dad wants to see it. :)

message 5: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments well... im going to it anyways, i don't care if i fail. i'm seeing this.

it's a thursday, by the way, so who does work on fridays?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianne wrote: "well... im going to it anyways, i don't care if i fail. i'm seeing this.

it's a thursday, by the way, so who does work on fridays?"

That's the point I've been trying to make since..... 94 days ago. :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianne wrote: "I've never been to a midnight release, so I don't really no how to go about it. But I REALLY want to go the the HP7 Part 1 one.

I went to the midnight showing of Robin Hood. You want to get the tickets VERY early, and be waiting in line for the theater at least a couple hours before the show. Hope that helps...:)

message 8: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments When are they gonna start selling tix? I've been looking.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Brianne wrote: "When are they gonna start selling tix? I've been looking."

Soon, I hope.

message 10: by Annie (new)

Annie (annieiscool13) Im going!!

message 11: by Abi (new)

Abi Lou | 184 comments I'm going to a theatre where you can buy the tickets early and reserve your seats, so hopefully I won't have to stand in line for hours. Well, I haven't talked to my mum about it yet...not that I'll listen if she says no, I'm going anyway. I haven't been to one yet, but this is going to be wicked, and I don't want to miss it. The next one comes out on a Thursday, too. :(

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah,but there going to make us wait like 7 months after the first one for part 2.
I don't know why because it looked like they finished it.

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 48 comments I think these two films will be the first ones I go to a midnight showing for! I intend to buy my tickets soon after they go on sale, probably sometime this month, and then get to the theatre EARLY!!!

message 14: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments me too! when does part two come out?

message 15: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) Part II: July 15, 2011.
If you can buy tickets online, check the theater every few days, or once a week, until tickets are available. They go fast.
I've been to the midnight premiere of every HP movie. At about the 5th release, the theater by my house started doing assigned seating. Hooray for assigned seating! It's still fun to go early, but you don't have to go hours and hours early to get the best seats. You just have to buy weeks early to get the best seats.

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 48 comments I got my ticket!! XD

message 17: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments wait... where did you buy the tickets? i've been looking!

message 18: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) Rachel,
Thanks for letting us know! I signed up to get email notifications about the release from my local theater and they didn't email me :(. After I read your post, I ran down and got my tickets.

Brianne,
Check your local theater. They may be for sale now.

message 19: by Brianne (last edited Oct 20, 2010 09:46PM) (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments okay. thanks!

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 48 comments Annalisa wrote: "Rachel,
Thanks for letting us know! I signed up to get email notifications about the release from my local theater and they didn't email me :(. After I read your post, I ran down and got my tickets..."

Yeah, I just asked at my local theater! :)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I was going to see it in IMAX, but considering that yesterday I went to see "The Guardians of Gahoole" and ended up leaving BEFORE the movie even started because the 3D made me sick, I don't think IMAX is a good idea either.

message 22: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments i think IMAX is a good idea to see a movie for the second time. it's too distracting for me to enjoy a movie thoroughly.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

What IS IMAX? I've never been!!!

message 24: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 48 comments *Ella* wrote: "What IS IMAX? I've never been!!!"

IMAX is essentially a bigger version of a movie screen. It's supposed to be more of a "surround" kind of experience.

message 25: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments IMAX is a circular screen, with the image projected all around.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

So say, I get dizzy, in 3D, would u recommend IMAX?

message 27: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments no.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, thanks.

message 29: by Brenda (new)

Brenda If you don't like rollar coasters definantly don't do Imax.

message 30: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments i wouldn't compare IMAX to a rollercoaster...

message 31: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Okay, if you don't like to get dizzy maybe skip the IMAX.

message 32: by Madison (new)

Madison | 6 comments Brianne wrote: "I've never been to a midnight release, so I don't really no how to go about it. But I REALLY want to go the the HP7 Part 1 one.

i go to school the next day but I don't really care I'm going to the midnight showing.

Get tickets early because they will sell like crazy (:

message 33: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments me too!

message 34: by michelle (new)

michelle nguyen (sweetlacecharm) I'd love to go to the midnight release, but I'm afraid that going to a midnight release would cause me to oversleep and miss my class the next day.

message 35: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 22 comments I'm attending, because these are the last two movies and I don't plan to miss them just because of school. C:
Also, yeah, most people tend to buy their tickets in advance, just in case. As for showing up, again, most tend to show up pretty early so that you get a decent place in line and a decent choice of seats.
My friend and I plan on getting there around 9 o' clock, maybe even earlier.

message 36: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments i have an alarm clock, and so will be extremely tired the next day, but i plan to risk it.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

About how much are tickets?? for the Midnight??

message 38: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments same as normal.