Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Sales, Promotions, and Giveaways > Gabaldon's Outlander is Free

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dorie (last edited Oct 02, 2010 04:40PM) (new)

Dorie (dorieann) ...at both kobobooks.com and Sony's ereader store. It's in epub format, so you can sideload it to your Nook. This version contains "bonus content". Below are the links to Outlander for both sites:

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Outlan...

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/dian...

Note: Post edited to clarify errors and post links.

message 2: by Kim D (new)

Kim D (kdimattia) | 34 comments Thanks for the info! I've been meaning to read this and now I can!

message 3: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) Yay, it's now free at B&N!

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 360 comments Hi Dorie, I have never sideloaded books to my Nook, is this easy to do? I would love to access free books from other websites to load on my Nook.

message 5: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Oct 06, 2010 10:42PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) If you can, download Calibre from the net. It will convert your books for you and you can drag and drop from there into your Nook folder (which will pop up if you plug the Nook into your computer after you open Calibre).

Or, Adobe Digital Editions sort of does the same thing.

I had to get help from this very nice group not too long ago. This thread might help more than my advice.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

message 6: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) That's exactly what I do, Linda. When I see a book for free on another site I download the epub file and sideload it to my Nook. It shows up under 'My Documents' instead of 'My Library'. Meanwhile you can take advantage of all the free offers out there. The only thing you can't sideload are ebooks from Amazon.com, which use a different file type.

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 360 comments sounds great! thank you Stacia, that will be a project for me over the weekend, i appreciate it.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Thanks for posting this. I went and played with a Nook for the first time at B&N yesterday and was instantly sold! I am going to ask my husband for one for Christmas. So, that gives me lots of time to stock of up on free ebooks as they come along! :)

message 9: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) Jennifer, you may want to check out the web site www.inkmesh.com. It's a handy site that tracks the free ebooks from the main sites. You're smart to start downloading now. Hope Santa brings you a Nook this Christmas!

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Dorie wrote: "Jennifer, you may want to check out the web site www.inkmesh.com. It's a handy site that tracks the free ebooks from the main sites. You're smart to start downloading now. Hope Santa brings you ..."

Dorie-Thanks for the heads up about inkmesh.com. I will definitely be checking it out.

So, I was VERY naughty last night and went out and bought the Nook myself last night!!!! I didn't have much time to play with it last night, but I can't wait to get home from work tonight and have a "Nook" night! :)

message 11: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments Yay! Jennifer, I did the same thing. I told myself I would get my mom the Nook (for mother's day) and settle for a pink Sony reader for myself. Well when I went to Best Buy to buy them they were out of the pink so I spent an extra $100 dollars on myself for the Nook. Haha. So I also had to buy us different types of cases for them so they wouldn't get confused. :)

message 12: by Dixie (new)

Dixie (readerofthepack) Jennifer wrote: "...So, I was VERY naughty last night and went out and bought the Nook myself last night!!!! I didn't have much time to play with it last night, but I can't wait to get home from work tonight and have a "Nook" night! :)"

Enjoy your new toy! I have been very happy with mine!

message 13: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) Good for you, Jennifer! Hope you enjoy your Nook as much as I'm loving mine.

message 14: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo Hope you enjoy your nook.