The Keys To The Kingdom discussion

Thoughts about the series

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Utkarsh (last edited Nov 22, 2010 04:01AM) (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments So. Seeing that all 7 books have been released and I asume most of you have read them all, I want to know what you all thought of the series. Give us your opinion. What was your take of the series? What do you think the series was strong in, and also what the series was weak in, and maybe even some suggestions as to how it could have been improved?

message 2: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Well i just loved them :) I thought that he was very discriptive and thoughtful. it is SUPER hard to create your own universe and even more hard to create a good story to go along with it. superb writing Garth Nix :)

message 3: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments I agree, it must be hard to make a whole world out of nothing.

message 4: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Yeah i love authors that do that like J R R Tolkein. I LOVE THE LORD OF THE RINGS!

message 5: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments I love the Pern series :)

message 6: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Whats it about? Kinda like keys to the kingdom?

message 7: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments No, it's Sci-Fi, but it shows how it was colonized, abandoned, and how the remain humans survive on the planet. They have their own system of government, land masses, plants and animals, and more.

message 8: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Oh coolness:). I am a HUGE Sci fi fan :)

message 9: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments I warn you however there is some adult stuff.

message 10: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments I its okay :/. I read plenty of ADULT *cough* books. I dont pay any mind to that stuff:)

message 11: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments Is anyone still here?
I know you're all busy. I'm pretty busy myself.
What I'm curious to ask you all is: are you still interested in the keys to the kingdom series?

Me: Sort of. I haven't read it in ages. I'm listening to the audiobooks right now. It's pretty interesting. I guess I still like it.

message 12: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Hey Ed! Great to hear from you! :)
I definately still like them, they are great!!! But a couple of other books have also been added to my Favorite list so its pretty long now. But they are still on!

I actually just reread the series and, you know, re-kindled the flame of my passion :)

message 13: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments yeah. the same for me. the 're-kindling the flame of passion'
Although, I do have to admit, it's not the only book series i like.
I've also gotten into the 'Gone' series by Michael Grant.

message 14: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments ooo! those sound good!
yeah, i like way too may series :)

there are too many books out there!