Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Gone to Earth has... gone to earth?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darkpool (new)

Darkpool "Gone to Earth" by Mary Gladys Meredith Webb does not appear on her list of works here, but when I click on "combine editions", there is it - and a bunch of editions, too. If I search for "Gone to Earth" I do find a single edition of the book - but one where the author is listed as Mary G. Webb. What is more, when I do that search it says it is showing 1 - 10 of 11 items, but there is no "next" page to call up the 11th item on the list. How is it that this book is hiding, and how do we coax it out?

message 2: by MissJessie (new)

MissJessie | 874 comments This was complicated.

1. The author names must be exactly the same -- I changed the one for Mary G. Webb to Mary Gladys Meredith Webb.

2. One edition of a Gone to Earth with a different author (Helen Edmonson) had been combined with the MGMW Gone to Earth.

3. It was the most popular edition, so it's the one that showed up on the search results. The MGMW didn't show up because they were subordinate to the Edmonson one, so to speak.

4. I separated out the Edmonson edition.

5. Right now, Gone to Earth shows 8 editions if you search for Mary Gladys Meredith Webb as author.

So when GR updates their cache in a little while, it SHOULD show up right.

At least, I hope it will.

message 3: by Darkpool (new)

Darkpool Ah! Thank you! And especially thank you for explaining what the problem was. I couldn't for the life of me work it out myself.